UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog food? (no corn)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ladycoonhuntr
UKC Forum Member

Dog food? (no corn)

Ok so the other night i asked about ear problems with my pup, and we are going to try some of the things posted, but i too think he is going to need a grain free food, as well as some dilligance with the ears.

So any suggestions on a grain free food that wont break the bank? I got 2 hounds and 1 JR to feed, and i figure it wont hurt the other 2 to eat grain free either. May even be better for my little dogs summer skin issues.

CH Hayseed's Sweet Talkin Sadie
Steele Farm Marly
Steele Farm Tucker

PR Mitchell's Whiskey In a Jar
May 14,2006 - Feb 13,2010

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-14-2011 10:51 PM
ladycoonhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladycoonhuntr Click here to Send ladycoonhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by ladycoonhuntr Add ladycoonhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIG$BLUES
UKC Forum Member

One of my hounds is the same way so i feed Enhance hunters blend it is 24/18 and she is really doing good on it its high but feeding it to just one or two dogs isnt that bad

NTCH DUVALL'S BIG MONEY SLIDDER

Home of those with drive!
Speak the truth it will set you free.

Old Post 05-14-2011 11:05 PM
BIG$BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG$BLUES Click here to Send BIG$BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BIG$BLUES Find more posts by BIG$BLUES Add BIG$BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Diamond EA is gonna be the cheapest.

Old Post 05-14-2011 11:45 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigcountry277
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog food? (no corn)

quote:
Originally posted by ladycoonhuntr
Ok so the other night i asked about ear problems with my pup, and we are going to try some of the things posted, but i too think he is going to need a grain free food, as well as some dilligance with the ears.

So any suggestions on a grain free food that wont break the bank? I got 2 hounds and 1 JR to feed, and i figure it wont hurt the other 2 to eat grain free either. May even be better for my little dogs summer skin issues.

I switched to Victor and have been satisfied with the results.

CH GrNtCh Arnold's Blue Rock / Co-Owner
NITECH Goodson's Whitegrass Sally (EchoxRambo bred) / Co-Owner

Old Post 05-14-2011 11:55 PM
bigcountry277 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigcountry277 Click here to Send bigcountry277 a Private Message Click Here to Email bigcountry277 Find more posts by bigcountry277 Add bigcountry277 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahinsch
UKC Forum Member

Diamond Naturals

Old Post 05-16-2011 03:24 AM
ahinsch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahinsch Click here to Send ahinsch a Private Message Click Here to Email ahinsch Find more posts by ahinsch Add ahinsch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

I feed Diamond 24/20

Old Post 05-16-2011 03:27 AM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Geminite
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog food? (no corn)

quote:
Originally posted by ladycoonhuntr

Diamond Naturals, either Chicken & Rice or Lamb & Rice. We've fed both in the past with great results. Loved the feed, but feeding 8-10 hounds gets pricey. Just feeding 2 and a JR wouldn't be bad at all IMO. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Old Post 05-16-2011 04:51 AM
Geminite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Geminite Click here to Send Geminite a Private Message Click Here to Email Geminite Visit Geminite's homepage! Find more posts by Geminite Add Geminite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joshtee
UKC Forum Member

Costco Kirkland Chicken and Rice. Made by Diamond.

Old Post 05-16-2011 05:56 AM
joshtee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joshtee Click here to Send joshtee a Private Message Click Here to Email joshtee Find more posts by joshtee Add joshtee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bcoleman
UKC Forum Member

victor

this is the best feed i seen go to the dog food advisor it list about every feed there is and what is in them.victor get 4 stars while purina pro plan is a 3 and diamond is a 2 unless you feed diamond naturls its a 4 as well.but cost aloy more

Old Post 05-16-2011 05:57 AM
bcoleman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bcoleman Click here to Send bcoleman a Private Message Find more posts by bcoleman Add bcoleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Poison
UKC Forum Member

Any of the Diamond Naturals line are corn free.

Old Post 05-16-2011 01:16 PM
Poison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Poison Click here to Send Poison a Private Message Find more posts by Poison Add Poison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
punky bruster
UKC Forum Member

Ladycoonhunter ur pm message box is full. It want let me reply to the message u sent me

Old Post 05-16-2011 01:58 PM
punky bruster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for punky bruster Click here to Send punky bruster a Private Message Click Here to Email punky bruster Find more posts by punky bruster Add punky bruster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Geminite
UKC Forum Member

I also forgot to mention that only the Diamond NATURALS is corn, soy and by-product free. Their other feeds contain corn and meat by-products.

You might also wanna try a feed that Tractor Supply puts out, it's like their version of Diamond Naturals, but for a few dollars cheaper. I believe it is called 4Health. We've also fed that with great results.

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Old Post 05-16-2011 02:44 PM
Geminite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Geminite Click here to Send Geminite a Private Message Click Here to Email Geminite Visit Geminite's homepage! Find more posts by Geminite Add Geminite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

NATIVE

Old Post 05-16-2011 03:57 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

Diamond Naturals or Tractor Supply 4Health. I use and like both...

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 05-16-2011 04:59 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kycooner1
UKC Forum Member

My young dog is allergic to corn based feeds,,put him on Diamond Naturals and problem solved

(CH GRNTCH STAR HILL RAGIN BLACK JUDGE x Ch NTCH Lil PUke)

Frank & Lisa Yates
RAYWICK KY
270-692-6713

Old Post 05-16-2011 05:01 PM
kycooner1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kycooner1 Click here to Send kycooner1 a Private Message Find more posts by kycooner1 Add kycooner1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Some mange is inherited. It costs $20 one time to cure it or a gallon of burnt oil. But some people say they would cull a pup because of it. Evidently some dogs are allergic to corn. It costs $15 per bag more than necessary for the rest of it's life. But no problem.
Guess I'll keep breeding corn burners.

Old Post 05-16-2011 06:57 PM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
baby_gaboo
UKC Forum Member

Also keep in mind, that though the price seems higher, you will find that you need to feed much less of a non-grain based feed. So in the end, the price really isn't as steep as it may seem for some feeds.

Old Post 05-17-2011 12:48 PM
baby_gaboo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for baby_gaboo Click here to Send baby_gaboo a Private Message Find more posts by baby_gaboo Add baby_gaboo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kycooner1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
Some mange is inherited. It costs $20 one time to cure it or a gallon of burnt oil. But some people say they would cull a pup because of it. Evidently some dogs are allergic to corn. It costs $15 per bag more than necessary for the rest of it's life. But no problem.
Guess I'll keep breeding corn burners.

The dog food I feed my other hounds is only 5 dollars cheaper a bag,,Diamonds Natural 29 Formax 24

Frank & Lisa Yates
RAYWICK KY
270-692-6713

Old Post 05-17-2011 02:42 PM
kycooner1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kycooner1 Click here to Send kycooner1 a Private Message Find more posts by kycooner1 Add kycooner1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ladycoonhuntr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by punky bruster
Ladycoonhunter ur pm message box is full. It want let me reply to the message u sent me

ill fix it

Steele Farm Marly
Steele Farm Tucker

Old Post 05-18-2011 02:26 AM
ladycoonhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladycoonhuntr Click here to Send ladycoonhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by ladycoonhuntr Add ladycoonhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ladycoonhuntr
UKC Forum Member

ok....

so what are you guys paying for the Daimond Lamb and Rice?

my closest feed store has it for $32 a 40lb bag. this CANNOT be the avg can it?

Steele Farm Marly
Steele Farm Tucker

Old Post 05-18-2011 02:32 AM
kycooner1
UKC Forum Member

Diamonds Chicken and rice is 29 a bad at TSC I found it today at my local feed store for 26.99

Frank & Lisa Yates
RAYWICK KY
270-692-6713

Old Post 05-18-2011 03:45 AM
bert52
UKC Forum Member

used to feed diamond natural but went to native... check w/brandon white on where to buy in your area.....there is a thread on here on native w/his phone #563-299-0326.......you won't regret it!

Last edited by bert52 on 05-18-2011 at 01:09 PM

Old Post 05-18-2011 01:04 PM
bert52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bert52 Click here to Send bert52 a Private Message Click Here to Email bert52 Find more posts by bert52 Add bert52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote