UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog pacing?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Dog pacing?

I have a dog here at my house that's on a chain. He sprints in circles all day every day rain or shine hours on end. He will have a area of mud within days and never quite. Never seen one like this. I have no idea what he's doing if anything in the woods but he seems dumber then any dog I've ever had.

Anybody on here had one like it?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-29-2017 04:53 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Yep, pouring rain all morning and he was pacing when i got up and just went in the box 15 minutes ago. Hes 5 years old and i decided when he was a pup i could live with it but it is irritating

Old Post 04-29-2017 05:16 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lynn Tubbs
UKC Forum Member

Do not mind his pacing in the pen, he keeps in shape.

Old Post 04-30-2017 01:12 AM
Lynn Tubbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lynn Tubbs Click here to Send Lynn Tubbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Lynn Tubbs Find more posts by Lynn Tubbs Add Lynn Tubbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cowboybenzo
UKC Forum Member

I've owned a few dogs that just constantly move in the pen and wear a trail out they always seemed to be in the best shape. Now I own two that sleep all day

Old Post 04-30-2017 01:22 AM
Cowboybenzo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cowboybenzo Click here to Send Cowboybenzo a Private Message Click Here to Email Cowboybenzo Find more posts by Cowboybenzo Add Cowboybenzo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

Walker Dog

i bet i owned that dog..has to be the same dog..if it is he will tree a coon...hunts in lil circles just like he paces..

jay borter had him after me....if its same dog and he still doin that crap he needs put down...he run 150 mile a day in a 6 ft circle..

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 04-30-2017 01:46 AM
Larry D Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry D Walker Click here to Send Larry D Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Larry D Walker Add Larry D Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

The dog needs a job,
That being said it needs to hunt.
I bet when you get ready to take him off chain or out of pen, he really gets fired up breathing hard etc.
I have one to,

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 04-30-2017 04:51 AM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hlandersjr
UKC Forum Member

I have had four or five like that in the past ten years or so and all of them were out of Triple Creek Lock. Don't remember how good or bad they all were but do remember they all hunted hard and fast. But the best dogs I had out of Lock were laid back easy going and still hunted hard and fast.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' NOLL'S BLACK BOTTOM ZIP -B&T (R.I.P)
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ACE'S EAZY WEEZY -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ZIPPIN HOSS -B&T
FCH NITECH GRCH 'PR' BILLY JOE BLUE -ENG-(R.I.P)
GRCH NITECH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ZIPLOCK -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE BLACK MAX -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGANRIDGE ROUGHCREEK DOLLY -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" LOCKS IMAGE B&T (R.I.P)
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' MOGANRIDGE ROUGHCREEK CANDY -B&T-(R.I.P.)
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" MOGAN RIDGE BRUTIS
GRCH GRNITECH "PR" MOGAN RIDGE JAZZ-A-BELL
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" EPPERSONS BOOMING CASH

Old Post 04-30-2017 03:41 PM
hlandersjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hlandersjr Click here to Send hlandersjr a Private Message Click Here to Email hlandersjr Find more posts by hlandersjr Add hlandersjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well Started
UKC Forum Member

I can't prove unquestionably that one style of dog works out better than another overall, although I've had a couple pen pacers that didn't work out, but then I've also had some layed back dogs that didn't work out.

But, I can't stand a pen pacer. They disrupt and irritate their kennel mates and irritate me. How much mental relaxation would you get if every time you tried to watch TV, read a book, catch a nap, or just hang out doing nothing, someone was sitting across from you non stop rocking back and forth and banging their head against a wall?

Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured… but not everyone must prove they are a citizen. Now add this: Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.

Old Post 04-30-2017 06:55 PM
Well Started is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Well Started Click here to Send Well Started a Private Message Find more posts by Well Started Add Well Started to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote