UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question about HUNTING JUDGE
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Question about HUNTING JUDGE

I am headed to the woods to see if these power house pot lickers can tree a coon but was wondering all day about HUNTING JUDGE not GUIDE. Besides keeping time's on dogs and writing scores on score card and maybee scratching dog for fighting and that might be up for a question for the M/H what authority do they actully have?.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2013 01:15 AM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tbaker
UKC Forum Member

Rule

(b) The following procedure must be followed when
using Hunting judges on a cast, regardless of category.
1.The host club must designate a Hunting Judge for
each cast from the entries received.
2. The Hunting Judge has complete authority and
will be responsible for scoring all situations.
3. Should a situation arise where a handler questions
a call that was made, or a call that should have
been made but wasn’t, that handler may ask to have
his question voted on by all cast members that
remain with the cast at that time.

Also hunting judge can call split tree if obvious. control cast, and everything else you said

Old Post 04-25-2013 01:52 AM
Tbaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tbaker Click here to Send Tbaker a Private Message Click Here to Email Tbaker Find more posts by Tbaker Add Tbaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Myers
UKC Forum Member

It is also the judges decision whether or not a dog is treed but not declared treed to enforce the stationary rule.

PR Laurel Valley Doc Holiday ( Lucky ole Son + Cowboys Amazing Grace )
GRCH Briar Valley Crazy Lady (Ira Hayes+ Cowboys Little Rhinestone Ruby)
Gone but not forgotten : R.I.P. GRCH Everetts Hit Man (Everetts Boomer + Shawnee Hills Rolling Tara)
R.I.P. GRCH Myers Midnight
Rhinestone Cowboy- UKC 1st and 2nd (Coon Ridge Lethal Contender + Three Aces Queen)
R.I.P GRCH Briar Valley Midnight Lucky (Ira Hayes + Super Star

Old Post 04-25-2013 02:38 AM
David Myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Myers Click here to Send David Myers a Private Message Click Here to Email David Myers Find more posts by David Myers Add David Myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

He has the authority to make all decisions. Any handler not satisfied with judges decision must asked for the call to be voted on.. It takes a majority cast vote to overturn the judges decision.. So he has all the authority unless the rest of the cast members out vote him. Then hes just the score keeper..

Old Post 04-25-2013 02:44 AM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: Question about HUNTING JUDGE

quote:
Originally posted by H. L. Meyer
I am headed to the woods to see if these power house pot lickers can tree a coon but was wondering all day about HUNTING JUDGE not GUIDE. Besides keeping time's on dogs and writing scores on score card and maybee scratching dog for fighting and that might be up for a question for the M/H what authority do they actully have?.

The better question is what authority DOESN'T belong to a HUNTING JUDGE?

The answer is a hunting judge cannot score trees, call timeout or declare a dog has returned to a previously scored tree. Those things are mandatory cast votes. EVERYTHING else is the judges decision.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-25-2013 02:51 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mauser06
UKC Forum Member

Don't let a judge be a bully...

I've seen many try to say they have all the say in the world..especially when it comes to scoring trees....which is absolutely false with a hunting judge..there is a vote...takes a majority to plus or minus any tree...

And weak judges aren't any better..their typical line is "let's have fun I have the score card but we are all judges".

A good judge sets the tone of the cast and keeps the crap down...

They have some authority but in the end they can always be questioned...and it starts right there in the woods...

'PR' Trackman's Dizzy Duke

Old Post 04-25-2013 04:36 AM
mauser06 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mauser06 Click here to Send mauser06 a Private Message Find more posts by mauser06 Add mauser06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Just a thought then

QUOTE : UNLESS THE OTHER CAST MEMBERS OUT VOTE HIM .
jim: EVERYTHING else is the JUDGES decision. UNLESS OTHER CAST MEMBERS OUT VOTE HIM.
Then why not call the non hunting judge a SCORE keeper. Leave the authority to be a judge in the hands of a Non HUNTING JUDGE. Then maybee those that think they are so high and mighty, as score keepers only, would not take advantage of others. GARONTEE you some of us old folks and others that don't want to have a disagreement in the woods would hunt a little more.
Look done been there, done it, got proof of it, so don't think I just fell off the tater truck. The reason this came to mind is this, my buddy just got ROYALLY screwed by someone that thought and made it plain to the rest of the cast that he was in charge and knew the rules front and backwards, then made two call that effected the outcome of the hunt to his best advantage. OK I know the rest of the story!!!! BUT the winn to my buddy was not worth the fuss. SCORE KEEPER MAY BE A BETTER THAN "judge"
JUMP IN GUYS AFTER ALL JUST MY OPINION. H L Meyer

Old Post 04-25-2013 02:51 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

Mr HL, people say if you know the rules you wont get screwed but the fact is you most certainly can.. Just a little scenario that happened to Katie a few weeks ago at an RQE.. Judge ( who had no business judging because he didnt know the rules) started losing so on the next tree he ran ahead of everybody else into the next tree and said these 2 dogs were face barking theyre scratched for fighting.. Of coarse nobody seen it but him.. The cast calls BS brings it to a vote and 3 to 1 the judges decision was over turned.. End of story.. Judge says im the judge and what I say goes.. Katie questioned the call( scratching offense so you supposed to return to the club for MOH ruling)..So judge calls the MOH on the phone( major rule infraction). MOH answered the phone, listened to the judges complaint( rule infraction on his part) and said your the judge what you say goes dont bring it back here.. So we went back any way.. MOH and Judge both get pissed..The MOH gets nervous because I finally get pissed and tell him he obviously dont know the rules so Im filing a complaint on him if mobody else does.. Then in trying to make the problem just go away MOH says hes gonna rip the card up.. The MOH refuses to let scratched dogs go back hunting so katie filed a formal complaint.. Bottom line is we did everything right by the book and got screwed out of completing the cast she was winning and getting the dog qualified.. The reason people keep getting screwed is nobody stands up to the bullies and writes them up.. If people would file a misconduct form UKC WILL put a stop to it..

Old Post 04-25-2013 04:33 PM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigman816
UKC Forum Member

I have found out that its way more important to some folks to WIN, than to be honest or have an honest dog. Too many mean dogs and cheaters in the hunts. Not to mention, a lot of the dogs couldn't tree a coon without help anyway. JMO>>>>Jim

Another thing to remember is that you can ask for things to be marked as a question and the MOH can answer them. This costs a small fee, but could be worth it.

'PR' Mar Mack Blue Queen
R.I.P.---
CH 'PR' Beavercreek Stonecold Blu Bozo

Last edited by pigman816 on 04-26-2013 at 12:55 AM

Old Post 04-26-2013 12:52 AM
pigman816 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigman816 Click here to Send pigman816 a Private Message Click Here to Email pigman816 Find more posts by pigman816 Add pigman816 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote