UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Black & Tans: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Looking in Alaska
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rohrkidz
New UKC Forum Member

Looking in Alaska

New here, so bear with me...

Any black and tan's or redbones in Alaska??

I'm travelling to Oregon in October and might be interested in finding one there instead, but figured I would look locally first.

Thanks in advance!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-14-2017 11:47 PM
Rohrkidz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rohrkidz Click here to Send Rohrkidz a Private Message Find more posts by Rohrkidz Add Rohrkidz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I gotta ask what you plan to use them for in Alaska? My daughter lives closer to Palmer and I've been there to visit a few times and often wondered why I never found any bound hunters. Thanks

Old Post 08-15-2017 05:29 PM
Sonny Phipps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I gotta ask what you plan to use them for in Alaska? My daughter lives closer to Palmer and I've been there to visit a few times and often wondered why I never found any bound hunters. Thanks

Wolves are thick up there.Hound wouldn't live long past 500 yards?
Good luck tho!

Old Post 08-15-2017 06:17 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Wolves are thick up there.Hound wouldn't live long past 500 yards?
Good luck tho!

I would assume they would use packs of hounds if they used them. I am pretty aware of the many critters that live up there that could be dangerous to hounds. They have a lot of bears and Lynx & I wondered if anyone hunted them hounds. Plenty of wolves in the lower 48 in some areas and they hunt cats in those areas with hounds.

Old Post 08-16-2017 03:35 AM
Sonny Phipps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rohrkidz
New UKC Forum Member

There aren't many wolves left in our area. It's mostly just moose, caribou and black bear in our neck of the woods. In all honesty, my husband grew up with coonhounds and we're looking at more for a family pet.

Old Post 08-16-2017 05:41 PM
Rohrkidz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rohrkidz Click here to Send Rohrkidz a Private Message Find more posts by Rohrkidz Add Rohrkidz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I think they make excellent pets and most of Alaska has plenty of room for a dog like these to exercise. Hounds don't like being kept in the house all day and night without play time. I am sorry I cant help you with a pup but I wish you luck with your search and hope your husband gets a great companion from these efforts.

Old Post 08-18-2017 11:48 AM