UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > skuna river walkers
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steven edwards
UKC Forum Member

bark dogs

i have a boots lockbox pup doing really well .i have a buck fork dollar pup 6 months old that loves a coon.and shes a bark grandaughter.and my dead eyed skutter dog that finished 4th in 2012 ukc world is out of a bark grandaughter so i guess you can say i like the bark dogs.skutter is i believe one of the most accurate dogs alive.just a pleasure to hunt with.love everything about him.most people hunt all there life looking for dogs like him . im gonna enjoy it while i can.

Pr Edwards skutter jr

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2013 02:31 AM
steven edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steven edwards Click here to Send steven edwards a Private Message Click Here to Email steven edwards Visit steven edwards's homepage! Find more posts by steven edwards Add steven edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

Directly off of Skuna River Bark

Grnitech Skuna River Pyro at the 2013 Grand American

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124
Email lowhillkennels@gmail.com
(Copy And Paste Video)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TYBB5mhK8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
**Skuna River Bark + Schultz's Stylish Coma = Pyro**

Last edited by Trey M on 01-11-2013 at 02:16 AM

Old Post 01-11-2013 02:12 AM
Trey M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trey M Click here to Send Trey M a Private Message Find more posts by Trey M Add Trey M to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

the Bochephus dog on the second post

on this thread is what I bred my boots dog to and got the Gr. ch Mad Mittie dog.
We will be tuning her up and trying to get her ready for the hunts in the near future.
Boots is a grand daughter to BArk and Bo is a direct son of Bark so you Bark lovers here is a double dose of it. We are working on a great cross for Mittie later this year.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 01-19-2013 06:54 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

Re: the Bochephus dog on the second post

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
on this thread is what I bred my boots dog to and got the Gr. ch Mad Mittie dog.
We will be tuning her up and trying to get her ready for the hunts in the near future.
Boots is a grand daughter to BArk and Bo is a direct son of Bark so you Bark lovers here is a double dose of it. We are working on a great cross for Mittie later this year.

Heck yeah!! Keep the Skuna River Lipper alive!! I'm doing my very best to do that.

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124
(Copy And Paste Video)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TYBB5mhK8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Old Post 01-20-2013 02:44 AM
Trey M is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trey M Click here to Send Trey M a Private Message Find more posts by Trey M Add Trey M to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Skuna River

Skuna River Vern. Direct off of Bark out of a Slow Talking Buzz female. loud bawl on the ground good locate, loud chop on tree. Vern , including last night has struck 100 tracks. He put two in the ground had 2 slicks and had coons that i saw in 85 trees. If you think no big deal, keep track of yours. If you think thats impossible, come see for yourself. Vern is a ss sire for 2013. I have just bred a Cord female and a Trackman female. Pups due in March. 765 427 2350.

Old Post 01-20-2013 03:05 PM
brujan182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brujan182 Click here to Send brujan182 a Private Message Click Here to Email brujan182 Find more posts by brujan182 Add brujan182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wlkrwisco
New UKC Forum Member

i have liked most all skuna river bred dogs i have hunted with. seem to be very balanced dogs.

Old Post 01-20-2013 05:16 PM
wlkrwisco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wlkrwisco Click here to Send wlkrwisco a Private Message Find more posts by wlkrwisco Add wlkrwisco to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

I own gr nt gr sh pkc ch buck fork dollar.bark x babes stylish banjo he is the most balanced hound I ever walked behind he is 85 percent acc year round track dog deluxe smartest dog I have seen don't have to lead him just drop leash makes coon treeing look easy he is a SS and perf sire for 2013 he has several nice pups on the ground they start early and have loud mouths oldest are close to 9 mos old I know of 4 of them that are teeing coons I own one of them. Got another 7 mos olld that is going to be something special been running and teeing since 5 mos old dollar is at stud 200 he is still hunted on a regular basis can be shown most any night. Will also show his pups. Check my post under bowling or go to coondogs and classics.com thanks Herman.

Last edited by bowling on 01-21-2013 at 03:27 AM

Old Post 01-21-2013 03:22 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Cantrell
UKC Forum Member

Bark

I have raised and trained several Bark dogs. My favorite off him was Bark x Twisted sister. Independent to a fault, loud mouth, track and tree dog. Sold him at the age of 2 and have been sick of it ever since. I seen a litter mate to him at stud once would like to find him and breed a Bark grand daughter to him. Another litter mate that was a winner was Hide Tanner. A female that was trained locally.
I own a male off Bark X Nitro female now. He is a coon dog too. He seems to be reproducing too. I have a 2 year old off him and a coma female that is very nice. Going to breed her to an Xjr dog I own next heat cycle. Then would like to find the litter mate to the above dog.

The common trait about Bark dogs that almost all will agree on is ACCURATE.

Another I have found is independence. When alone they don't like dogs hitch-hiking. Most I have owned run the tree a little. Most look like hounds should. Most have big mouths. Better than average track dogs although there was a few that were a little slow on bad tracks, but could put a coon on the end. All were never pupish acting, never was any play to them.

I owned probably 10 pups from different litters and all but one would tree a coon at an early age. The other one never made it. That is still 9 out of 10.

I still hunt Bark blood and plan on keeping it in my hounds.

Old Post 01-21-2013 04:31 AM
Tim Cantrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Cantrell Click here to Send Tim Cantrell a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Cantrell Find more posts by Tim Cantrell Add Tim Cantrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bark

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Cantrell
I have raised and trained several Bark dogs. My favorite off him was Bark x Twisted sister. Independent to a fault, loud mouth, track and tree dog. Sold him at the age of 2 and have been sick of it ever since. I seen a litter mate to him at stud once would like to find him and breed a Bark grand daughter to him. Another litter mate that was a winner was Hide Tanner. A female that was trained locally.
I own a male off Bark X Nitro female now. He is a coon dog too. He seems to be reproducing too. I have a 2 year old off him and a coma female that is very nice. Going to breed her to an Xjr dog I own next heat cycle. Then would like to find the litter mate to the above dog.

The common trait about Bark dogs that almost all will agree on is ACCURATE.

Another I have found is independence. When alone they don't like dogs hitch-hiking. Most I have owned run the tree a little. Most look like hounds should. Most have big mouths. Better than average track dogs although there was a few that were a little slow on bad tracks, but could put a coon on the end. All were never pupish acting, never was any play to them.

I owned probably 10 pups from different litters and all but one would tree a coon at an early age. The other one never made it. That is still 9 out of 10.

I still hunt Bark blood and plan on keeping it in my hounds.

my stud is bark x Carter's twist,Ed sister. Buck fork dollar

Old Post 01-21-2013 04:38 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Cantrell
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Bark

quote:
Originally posted by bowling
my stud is bark x Carter's twist,Ed sister. Buck fork dollar

He would be a litter mate. I would like a female pup off your dog. I also have a bark female that I would like to cross on your stud.

Old Post 01-21-2013 04:45 AM
Tim Cantrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Cantrell Click here to Send Tim Cantrell a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Cantrell Find more posts by Tim Cantrell Add Tim Cantrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Tim go to my post under bowling dollar has bred at least a dozen females should be several showing up we will have some any day now I have a waiting list on pups but will get you a pup when you get ready for one we have some super nice females bred that are coon dogs not brood dogs you are welcome to breed to dollar any time for free just give me a pup if you have enough he is a SS and perf sire

Last edited by bowling on 01-21-2013 at 04:57 AM

Old Post 01-21-2013 04:55 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I highly recommend the Bocephus

dog on this post.
Southern farms Bocephus is a coondog and a reproducer of coondogs.
He is located right outside of Memphis. Not a lot of direct Skuna river bark studs out there and not many that look like this.
He is even more good looking in person. one of the smartest coonhounds you will ever be around.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 04-13-2013 05:00 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

Re: I highly recommend the Bocephus

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
dog on this post.
Southern farms Bocephus is a coondog and a reproducer of coondogs.
He is located right outside of Memphis. Not a lot of direct Skuna river bark studs out there and not many that look like this.
He is even more good looking in person. one of the smartest coonhounds you will ever be around.

He is a good looking hound that's for sure. I can't say all but the Bark dogs that I've hunted with had plenty of sence and was under a coon and I'm not saying that cause I own one.

I gotta give credit where credit is due, Nitech Mc Cools Sooner Pride is off of Bark and did really good this past weekend at a major event in Tennesse. Won his cast both nights but it just wasn't enough to get in, the hunting was tough in places.

Congrats again to Mr David Hart and Pride.

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124

Old Post 04-17-2013 03:22 PM
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

Well I'm planning on breeding both my NTCH Bark female to Dollar.. This should make perfect dogs.

Old Post 04-17-2013 05:32 PM
Chris Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Horner Click here to Send Chris Horner a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Horner Visit Chris Horner's homepage! Find more posts by Chris Horner Add Chris Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Horner
Well I'm planning on breeding both my NTCH Bark female to Dollar.. This should make perfect dogs.

I hope that cross turns out good for you, good luck. How old is your Bark female?

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124

Old Post 04-17-2013 07:49 PM
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

I have 2 one is 5yrs and 1 is 6yrs old

Old Post 04-17-2013 08:46 PM
Chris Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Horner Click here to Send Chris Horner a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Horner Visit Chris Horner's homepage! Find more posts by Chris Horner Add Chris Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Horner
I have 2 one is 5yrs and 1 is 6yrs old

The 5 year old, who is the dam?

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124

Old Post 04-17-2013 08:49 PM
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

Foxy Roxy

Old Post 04-18-2013 01:25 AM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Can anyone lay out the history?

Does anyone know the history behind skuna river dogs?
I know they go back to lipper and winston started the line. I don't know much outside of that.

Old Post 01-25-2014 06:18 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

I'd like to to see and here more about Skuna River dogs.

Old Post 01-30-2014 01:04 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gdjr
UKC Forum Member

skuna river

We just raised a litter that goes back to Skuna River Lipper 8 times. They show Skuna River Bear, Bone Collector, Homer, Fred and Skuna River Liper in there 3 generation pedigree. They all have big mouths and act real good. If linebred Skuna River dogs work these should be the real deal!

Old Post 01-31-2014 03:26 AM
gdjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gdjr Click here to Send gdjr a Private Message Click Here to Email gdjr Find more posts by gdjr Add gdjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clayton Cole Jr
UKC Forum Member

Any left and if so how much

RIP PR' Outlaws DYNAMITE JOE

Old Post 02-01-2014 02:44 PM
Clayton Cole Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clayton Cole Jr Click here to Send Clayton Cole Jr a Private Message Click Here to Email Clayton Cole Jr Find more posts by Clayton Cole Jr Add Clayton Cole Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

Who was the best skuna river reproducer like skuna river lipper/fred/bark ect. Just curious what you guys thought

Old Post 02-11-2014 02:58 AM
yadkinhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinhoundsman Click here to Send yadkinhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinhoundsman Find more posts by yadkinhoundsman Add yadkinhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bengie Bengala
UKC Forum Member

Dozer

Directly off of Skuna River Fred and putting some real nice pups on the ground.

[/B][/QUOTE]

GRNTCH PKC CH 'PR' NIGHT N DAYS DOZER HTX

Clear your path to the winner circle, hunt a Dozer pup!

NITE CH 'PR' NIGHT N DAYS DOZER JR (Dozer X Fletchers Stylish Jake female)

Old Post 02-12-2014 06:16 PM
Bengie Bengala is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bengie Bengala Click here to Send Bengie Bengala a Private Message Click Here to Email Bengie Bengala Find more posts by Bengie Bengala Add Bengie Bengala to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trey M
UKC Forum Member

Skuna River Pyro

Pyro was the highest scoring dog Saturday night and placed second in the final four.

SKUNA RIVER PYRO @ STUD
Trey Miller
Cell # 706-577-4124

Old Post 02-14-2014 02:46 AM