UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Money, Money, Money
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
newport
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
4 UKC hunts = $80...win 2 × .4 PP's = $80. 4 PKC hunts = $120.. Win 2 = $110-$$170... So there isn't a lot of difference in the money. It all comes back to prestige or personal satisfaction. But you are attempting to compare apple's to oranges.

ok how much does performance pay out when there are two dogs at the hunt? and on top of that around here that's about all we get at a ukc hunt I granded out a dog all in the same year a while back and got a check for like 150 bucks. main thing with this you want to talk about prestige there are about 6 clubs within an hour drive from my house. on any givin fri or sat night there is a ukc and a pkc event at those clubs. I can drive to the ukc hunt and beat one or two dogs or I can go to the pkc hunt and hunt against 16 or more. prestige lets see ill take winning against 16 than 2. on top of that most of the time the dog you hunt against at the ukc hunt is the same guy hunting old sue the 9 year old blue dog that he is still trying to get a title on. I enjoy variety with hunting and I believe there isn't much of that in this registry anymore. theres even less that there was 10 years ago. I will still absolutely go to ukc major events because I love them but a Friday night here at home im going somewhere else till I see some changes.

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2018 08:24 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
100% of cast winners in PKC get paid, I believe Todd posted less than 40% of UKC eligible hounds are permanently paid up so it's more like comparing apples to raisins.

I haven't paid up performance on a dog in quite awhile because of this. whats the point you hardly get back what it cost to play. now on the other side of it id say 90% of dogs registered in pkc are super staked.

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 12-12-2018 08:27 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ole hoss

Jason, I absolutely loved your post, it was heartfelt and you hit the nail on the head as to why most of us hunt. Most do not even realize why they hunt, they just know it's something that makes them feel better. I hope you the best in the future. Dave

Old Post 12-12-2018 08:42 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by newport
I haven't paid up performance on a dog in quite awhile because of this. whats the point you hardly get back what it cost to play. now on the other side of it id say 90% of dogs registered in pkc are super staked.

It cost $30 to pay up a performance pup, if that pup can’t win $30 in his life it’s not the programs fault!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-12-2018 09:05 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by newport
but a Friday night here at home im going somewhere else till I see some changes.

That is fine If that is what you want to do. As I said, everyone should hunt where they like.
I don't understand why y'all are trying to compare the money at a "money hunt" to the money at a UKC hunt. UKC hunts are NOT money hunts. If you want to hunt strictly for money, then by all means hunt in a PKC hunt. The problem as I see it is when y'all want to try to change UKC hunts to money hunts.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-12-2018 at 09:31 PM

Old Post 12-12-2018 09:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Oh my goodness I just wish I had somwhere to go 😢

Old Post 12-12-2018 09:27 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

If you are feeling froggy , you can head back to the sawbriar patch for a rematch. Hopefully, someone can video it this time and post it on this board. I laugh just thinking about it, somehow, I seem to forget my encounter with the barbwire fence. Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-12-2018 09:40 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I got one of those barb wire fence stories too !! I was on my tip toes had to have a buddy push that top wire down lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-12-2018 09:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, everyone has one of those. Trying to step over a barbwire fence that is just a teeny bit too high can be dangerous or downright disastrous if you are by yourself.

Old Post 12-12-2018 09:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bottom wire I was standing on broke !!

Tar

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:05 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Richard I hope this don't sound like I am a big dummy but here goes. We have beat this dead horse to a pulp. Now I didn't get but an 8th grade education and I know the folks at ukc probly got buissnes degrees out the wazzoo!! 1979 I hunted in my first ukc hunt probly 70 dogs at this local hunt all day long there were events food to eat , kids playing , at the night hunt if you had plus points come back eat breakfast you might get a trophy!! Then in the 80's ukc changed the format nothing was broken clubs were thriving. You know why they changed it ? Because they couldn't keep up with the paperwork. Now here we are today Clubs are folding , no interest !! Nothing they do is good enough. So they change programs more wins to make a title. Give some money away at big events but you got to pay into there programs all year to get there. What's the first thing they did cut the paper work in half ! Sound familiar !! From the outside looking in I know who it's going to bennifit the most and it ain't the local clubs !!

All they had to do was change a couple rules and the old format give more opertunitys to win everybody would have been happy. Not everybody wants to rub elbows with the big doggies they just want a good meal ,have fun with their family , and get a trophy at the end of the night. If they want $$$ the mini slams would do that a couple rule changes they would flourish.

You see a lot of those guys ukc is trying to appeal to nobody else likes or trust except ukc. Some of those are running events for them and I guess they don't even know it. Because when you tell them they act shocked.

Just a big dummy's opinion

Tar

You're trying to rewrite history there Tar. UKC changed the rules because the HUNTERS asked for the change. While I didn't start in '79 I did start hunting them in '85. Everything was going along fine then a few guys figured out once they got their first place with the could hold back on calling their dog and finish the cast with plus points and pick up those points needed for Nt Ch everyone started crying its TO EASY TO MAKE Nt Ch so UKC did what EVERYONE wanted and changed the rules to where you had to win your cast with plus points to earn points for Nt Ch.

Flash forwarded to today and you hear the same thing at the hunts.. ITS TO EASY to make a Nt Ch. You can do it in three hunts.... So UKC is doing what the hunters wanted and changed things up...

While I think they missed the boat on this one you can't blame UKC for the drop in hunters just because they changed the rules way back in the late '80's or early '90's.

Sooner or later maybe the hunters will figure out sometimes what you ask for isn't what's for the best.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:09 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Hobo, are you trying to say that sometimes, "Father Knows Best"? I have been saying for years to be careful what you ask for because you might get it.

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:25 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Nobody asked anybody I know and I know a ton of people. It was cooperate down sizing simple as that ! Same money, same profit , less work. They have 50 paid employees up there by the better buissnes burrow they make $7,000,000 dollars a year on a 40hr work week except when they are at events. The 85% of us that run their business on the outside run it unpaid often times taking money out of our own pocket. They are a buissnes they will run it that way now if they did not have the peekie poo dogs to lean on they would be more apt to listen to us but as it stands it's about profit simple as that !

Fred Miller came to Texas twice when I lived there unannounced because he was interested in what we had to say !! I am not as big a dummy as I let on.

Tar

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:27 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I think we asked for lots of changes, from rule changes to performance, what we got benefits UKC.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:29 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Fred Miller came to Texas twice when I lived there unannounced because he was interested in what we had to say !! I am not as big a dummy as I let on.

Tar

Fred Miller was involved in the first change. Along with Steve Fielder......

And I know just a little more than you think I do.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:33 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Not saying you don't know ! But actually there was three changes right ? Acha was number 1 ukc changed three times till they got the number 1 spot then it exploded and they couldn't keep up. You think papers come slow now lol. I mean we can tit for tat all night but it took several years for that decision to rear its ugly head now it's hear and I or you can't make it go away. I can't make these clubs open their doors. I can't make people get interested again. When people tell me what they want I can't give it to them. I am handcuffed and it is gone here !! I feel helpless these programs ain't helping my area a bit. They don't want to drive to bum Egypt anymore.

So it is what it is.

Tar

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:49 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, now Tarbaby and Hobo are arguing about who knows and remembers the most. Where is Yadkinriver? He knows/remembers more than both of you combined.

Old Post 12-12-2018 11:24 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I'm gonna stay out of it and let you gentlemen have it. I'm like the old hippie, I don't like change. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and it took me a long time to figure out how to work the old format in my favor and still haven't mastered all of it.
All I can tell you is we used to have fun at the hunts. I've seen the bs judge have to stop judging because of laughing so hard at us trying to swap dogs during the show and cutting up. We also entered when we knew we had no chance of winning like at breed events but we entered just to participate and support our clubs. Don't see that anymore. I sure miss the old atmosphere.

Old Post 12-12-2018 11:46 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
I'm gonna stay out of it and let you gentlemen have it. I'm like the old hippie, I don't like change. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and it took me a long time to figure out how to work the old format in my favor and still haven't mastered all of it.
All I can tell you is we used to have fun at the hunts. I've seen the bs judge have to stop judging because of laughing so hard at us trying to swap dogs during the show and cutting up. We also entered when we knew we had no chance of winning like at breed events but we entered just to participate and support our clubs. Don't see that anymore. I sure miss the old atmosphere.

There are plenty of good clubs left out there and plenty still having a good time. Hunts are what a person makes of them if everyone showed up to have a good time and didn't take themselves so serious there would be more. Go have a good time do your best some you win some you lose but there is another somewhere tomorrow night.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-13-2018 12:31 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

The Mafia Clan has that 1 right about being serious , some things we take way to serious and things we should take serious are often ignored., I take a Hiatus for a month to deer hunt and coon hunt and the first post out the gate someone said bad words , must be my quiet and gentile disposition. LOL

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 12-13-2018 12:46 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Yea Chuck it's a shame everyone can't be like Mr. Lambert. I knew he had thick skin and a sense of humor when I saw he hunted red dogs and ate homegrown er I mean homemade cookies.

Old Post 12-13-2018 12:59 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

My dogs are + or - 1/4 RedBone etc. How is the hunting down there this year since the Hurricane?

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 12-13-2018 01:04 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I'm on the north side of the state. Didn't bother us up here. Pretty rough hit on the coastal communities. Like to get rid of the 18" of snow that fell this past weekend here.

Old Post 12-13-2018 01:08 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

In Tars defense the only rewriting of REAL WORLD and AMERICAN History is being done by Global Communist Masquerading has LIBTARD DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST. S/FI!

We had a discussion on another forum about the 223 for use on deer and hogs some agree, some disagree , but those of us who agree only take head or neck shots so we drop them Dead Right There. No Running off or tracking after the shot etc. Now I heard at the feed store of at least 2 local boys who gut shot deer this year with 308 and larger and never found them. There is nothing wrong with the 308 or 12 gauge with Buckshot etc. It is more about shot placement , range estimation etc.

The point I am trying to make is Like Jen said previously about taking things way to serious. We can debate schematics forever it is a potato , potater , tomato , tomater thing all night long will still not fix the problem.

Last edited by Chuck Allen on 12-13-2018 at 01:42 AM

Old Post 12-13-2018 01:22 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Allen, some of these guys are just like lawyers. They don't care about fixing any problems. They just like to argue.

Old Post 12-13-2018 03:42 AM