UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Superstisions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nickhagerman
UKC Forum Member

Superstisions

What are some of your superstisions in dogs

Mine is if the roof of a dogs mouth is black
Its gonna be a tree dog always proved good to me
What are yours

GrNitech Eagle Lake Mojane
2022 Silver lake walker sec. CW
2022 walker days CW
2022 Wyatt rqe 1st place
2023 lieters ford rqe 2nd place
2023 TOC top 96
Qualified for TOC 2023, 2024

Nitech Eagle Lake smiling Bob
Qualified for TOC 2024, 2025
Nitech at 13 months

Nick Hagerman (260)237-0392

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-2013 09:11 PM
nickhagerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickhagerman Click here to Send nickhagerman a Private Message Click Here to Email nickhagerman Find more posts by nickhagerman Add nickhagerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

My pappy always told me to close my eyes and reach in the box and grab one. Well I did that a few times just about as good of odds as any that one could be a coondog. There is no merit to the black mouth dog for me. The most playful one most likely just got up from a nap and the sleeping one prolly played all day. If I'm gonna pick a walker I like the ugly ones! All other breeds I like a big healthy looking one shows he's stronger than the rest IMO but the odds are just as good to put on a blindfold and pick you one up.

Old Post 03-23-2013 10:52 PM
smartin0022 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smartin0022 Click here to Send smartin0022 a Private Message Click Here to Email smartin0022 Find more posts by smartin0022 Add smartin0022 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickhagerman
UKC Forum Member

Another one is with my blue ticks i also look
For a blaze goin up the forehead

2022 walker days CW
2022 Wyatt rqe 1st place
2023 TOC top 96

Nitech at 13 months

Old Post 03-23-2013 10:58 PM
nickhagerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickhagerman Click here to Send nickhagerman a Private Message Click Here to Email nickhagerman Find more posts by nickhagerman Add nickhagerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockett42
UKC Forum Member

dogs

My dads was. If he has a curl tail, if he has a long skinny tail, or if his butthole is about the size of a cigarette walk away and look else where...................

Old Post 03-23-2013 11:22 PM
rockett42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockett42 Click here to Send rockett42 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockett42 Find more posts by rockett42 Add rockett42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Bad luck to be superstisuos.

Old Post 03-23-2013 11:26 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickhagerman
UKC Forum Member

My uncle always sed the ugliest dogs always
Made the best coon dogs
For him at least

2022 walker days CW
2022 Wyatt rqe 1st place
2023 TOC top 96

Nitech at 13 months

Old Post 03-24-2013 01:22 AM
capt_agricultur
UKC Forum Member

i they struck before they peeed .......might need the e-collar

Old Post 03-24-2013 12:46 PM
capt_agricultur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for capt_agricultur Click here to Send capt_agricultur a Private Message Click Here to Email capt_agricultur Find more posts by capt_agricultur Add capt_agricultur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

Re: 88

quote:
Originally posted by capt_agricultur
i they struck before they peeed .......might need the e-collar

I don't like dogs with yellow eyes. They always seem to be act little crazy.

Old Post 03-24-2013 03:19 PM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dirtdevil
Banned

My superstitions are : pick a pup based on what you see , not what you hope will change.

A pup that don't like water , runs under the car , fights over food , drops his tail over new scent instead of wagging it the first time he smells game ... etc .. etc ... they grow up into dogs that have the same habits.

They won't outgrow anything , their mouths don't get better , they don't magically overcome phobias ... they don't throw back to your favorite old dog when their momma didn't !

Old Post 03-24-2013 03:33 PM
Dirtdevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dirtdevil Click here to Send Dirtdevil a Private Message Find more posts by Dirtdevil Add Dirtdevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HIDEHUNTER21
UKC Forum Member

curl tailed

I kept two pups. give my buddy one that had a curly tail. my two got sick and died at 3 mths old! I ended up getting ole curly back from another guy because he just couldnt stand his tail. Pups been treeing coons since 6 mths old!! And oh yea! On his dog!! lol I just pick the pup that catches my eye at the time

Pr. Woodards spider girl ( spider pup)
Pr lacy ( spider pup)

Old Post 03-24-2013 03:39 PM
HIDEHUNTER21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HIDEHUNTER21 Click here to Send HIDEHUNTER21 a Private Message Click Here to Email HIDEHUNTER21 Find more posts by HIDEHUNTER21 Add HIDEHUNTER21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

i play a certain song every night right before i turn em loose,and the dogs have treed a coon every time.lol

Old Post 03-25-2013 07:30 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toejam
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by skeets
i play a certain song every night right before i turn em loose,and the dogs have treed a coon every time.lol
. LOL gotta be country music on the way for me and the same ole hat on my hrad every night !

Here at cohulla creek kennels we breed for the show, the show that goes on in the timber.!

John R. Isenhower 706-313-3965

Old Post 03-25-2013 08:23 AM
toejam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toejam Click here to Send toejam a Private Message Click Here to Email toejam Find more posts by toejam Add toejam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

yes its country,the song is, the snakes come out at night.lt works everytime.lol

Old Post 03-25-2013 09:10 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whordel
Banned

Re: Re: Superstisions

quote:
Originally posted by Billy Beckham
Getting a soda at Burger King on the way to the woods makes for a better night for me.
LOL, got to stop at Wendys and a get a JR. Bacon Cheesburger sometime during the night.

2012 Autumn Oaks Cast Win
2012 Qualified Lee Crawford
2012 Qualified Purina National
2013 Walker Days Cast Win
2013 Qualified ACHA World
2 Wins toward Grand
Back to work so the hunting and hunts are over for now lol.
*2013 Performance Sire*

***RIP Gr.Nt.Ch River Kennel Rock***

Chris Cordle
BOSS LIGHTS
CCC
Carter County Cooners

Old Post 03-25-2013 12:17 PM
Whordel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whordel Click here to Send Whordel a Private Message Find more posts by Whordel Add Whordel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan Crump
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toejam
. LOL gotta be country music on the way for me and the same ole hat on my hrad every night !

I been wearing the same hat for 5-6 yrs until Friday night. I got 2 hats that'll tree a coon now.

Bluetick Hound
Liz (Davis Creek So Blue Slug x Watsons Smoky Mtn Blue Zip)

Gone but never forgotten
Briar (Andersons Screaming Blue Zues X Triple D All Grand Puddles)
Blue (Thunder St. Nick X Fosters Little Frosty)

Proudly use and sale
Nite Rider Hollow Lights

Old Post 03-25-2013 02:48 PM
Jonathan Crump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan Crump Click here to Send Jonathan Crump a Private Message Click Here to Email Jonathan Crump Find more posts by Jonathan Crump Add Jonathan Crump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote