UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Who Carries a concealed handgun??
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joey Donelson
UKC Forum Member

Anyone have a Ruger SP 101 been thinking about gettin one?

I have two of them, one is the hammerless that I like to carry. 357

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2011 05:13 AM
Joey Donelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joey Donelson Click here to Send Joey Donelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Joey Donelson Find more posts by Joey Donelson Add Joey Donelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whistle Pig
UKC Forum Member

Gun's

When It comes to my guns, did you ever hear of the don't ask, don't tell policy??

take care

" Puzzle Gully Kennel "

Puzzle Gully"Sam
Puzzle Gully"Jim Jr----JJ
Puzzle Gully"Reddy Freddy"
Puzzle Gully''Daddy Frank''
Puzzle Gully''Smil'in Bob''
Puzzle Gully''Kate''
Puzzle Gully''Busher''
Puzzle Gully''Cricket''

Old Post 02-05-2011 08:37 PM
Whistle Pig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whistle Pig Click here to Send Whistle Pig a Private Message Find more posts by Whistle Pig Add Whistle Pig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Red Rider Lever Action. Iron sights. 1985 model. 300 chamber capacity.

Old Post 02-05-2011 08:53 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkercash
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Concealed Weapons at a night hunt

quote:
Originally posted by todd kellam
Hey Nate I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. A person who has gone through the process to legally carry concealed is not a threat to you or anyone else. They are an asset in every way. And not just to you but also to your wife and kids.

You don't know when you are going to walk into a potentially life threatening situation. It could just as easily happen to you on a nite hunt cast and have nothing to do with the hunt itself. I won't go into all the scenarios but think about it. I'm not a paranoid person and I don't carry 100% of the time. But I should. I think the chance that one of us is going to witness a violent crime increases every day.

A police officer cannot be everywhere at once to keep you or your family from harm. If you wish to put your family's well being into the hands of someone that can't be there to protect them that's up to you. I will take some of that responsibility onto myself. And if I was forced into a situation to help your or someone else's family then I am willing to do that. And to those others that have their cpl or ccw license that would do the same for me or mine, I thank you.

well said Todd!!

Whitey Dogs ROCK!!!
I use and recommend Kelley's K-Lights.

Old Post 02-05-2011 08:59 PM
walkercash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkercash Click here to Send walkercash a Private Message Click Here to Email walkercash Find more posts by walkercash Add walkercash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joey Donelson
UKC Forum Member

I just bought a new 45 Kimber pro crimson carry 11 and love it. It has the crimson trace lazer sights which are nice.

Old Post 02-13-2011 08:09 PM
Joey Donelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joey Donelson Click here to Send Joey Donelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Joey Donelson Find more posts by Joey Donelson Add Joey Donelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1okiesawyers

I carry Sig Sauer P220 45. My wife carries Taurus 9mm PT 709 slim... The Sig 45 can get heavy if walking all day and standing a lot. But I like having the 45 !!! If I had to defend myself I would rather have to much gun than not enough gun..

Old Post 02-13-2011 09:07 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Reid
UKC Forum Member

Illinois

It's getting closer every day!

Old Post 04-29-2013 04:51 PM
Rob Reid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Reid Click here to Send Rob Reid a Private Message Find more posts by Rob Reid Add Rob Reid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

BTT

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
United Kennel Club respects, defends and even encourages your right to lawful concealed carry. We have no restrictions towards lawful concealed carry. Our no guns policy is primarily directed towards 1) gun trading on the grounds during an event 2) open carry on casts 3) unlawful carry at any time 4) to a lesser degree having rifles in vehicles on a cast. We don't go so far as to search trucks but would take action against illegal transport because it could jeopardize the issue of state permits to conduct nite hunts.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 04-29-2013 04:53 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

I CARRY EITHER A 5.7X28 SEMI. OR A M&P 22 MAG. SEMI

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 04-29-2013 07:49 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntforlife
UKC Forum Member

colt 1911 light weight officers edition. great gun.

Old Post 04-29-2013 11:36 PM
huntforlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntforlife Click here to Send huntforlife a Private Message Click Here to Email huntforlife Find more posts by huntforlife Add huntforlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

9mm Sig Sauer 938 is my carry gun of choice.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 04-29-2013 11:43 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes D.
UKC Forum Member

im lookin at gettin a ccw myself aint decided on what to get yet.

Old Post 04-30-2013 01:44 AM
Wes D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes D. Click here to Send Wes D. a Private Message Find more posts by Wes D. Add Wes D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Reid
UKC Forum Member

Go ahead punk, make my day!

I'm thinking S&W 44 mag! LOL

Old Post 04-30-2013 03:03 AM
Rob Reid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Reid Click here to Send Rob Reid a Private Message Find more posts by Rob Reid Add Rob Reid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes D.
UKC Forum Member

i was thinking jframe 357 mag or lcr in 357 mag anyone have experience with these small pocket revolvers

Old Post 04-30-2013 03:11 AM
Wes D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes D. Click here to Send Wes D. a Private Message Find more posts by Wes D. Add Wes D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

s& w 38 with lazer

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 04-30-2013 03:55 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogcop
UKC Forum Member

carry weapon

I carry a 357 smith bodyguard revolver most all the time. My second choice is a Sig 229 in .357 sig.

Old Post 04-30-2013 01:53 PM
Dogcop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogcop Click here to Send Dogcop a Private Message Click Here to Email Dogcop Find more posts by Dogcop Add Dogcop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

I carry a Ruger SR9 most of the time. But I do have a little Beretta 40 that stays in the truck for when the S&W 22A hunting pistol might not be enough, I hunt in some nice bear woods.
I agree with the don't ask don't tell. No one needs to know if I am carrying or not because unless my life or the life of others are serious threatened then no one will ever see it.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 04-30-2013 02:25 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Wes D.
i was thinking jframe 357 mag or lcr in 357 mag anyone have experience with these small pocket revolvers

Smith J frames are awesome guns. Seems like a lot of people I know that carry accumulate different guns over time but most all of them have a J frame and most all of them consider it extremely nice to carry. My wife carries a 642 and I carry a 442. I haven't shot a J frame in 357 but I think the 38+p is plenty enough round.

Never shot a Ruger LCR but have handled them and they seemed cheap to me. I do remember thinking they had a nice trigger though.

Old Post 04-30-2013 02:32 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MATTY G
UKC Forum Member

I carry Ruger SP 22

Old Post 04-30-2013 02:52 PM
MATTY G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MATTY G Click here to Send MATTY G a Private Message Find more posts by MATTY G Add MATTY G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes D.
UKC Forum Member

thanks todd i havnt handled any just been doin some research. waitin on paper in the mail then i will decide.

Old Post 04-30-2013 02:56 PM
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

Very dificult to obtain a permit in Md to legally carry one. I would like to get one, but I doubt that ever happens.

Dose not mean I do not have one!

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 04-30-2013 03:44 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

My wife just got her new Carry Handgun. A sig 238 Stainless in .380 with a laser sight.. nice and compact.. but not enough firepower for me

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 07-24-2013 07:48 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marion E. Lee
UKC Forum Member

Do yourselves a favor.... try out the new springfield XDs in 9mm..... i got the first one to show up in this area and it will stay with me until the 40 S&W version comes out later this fall......at which time the wife is taking it away from me lol. I bought the gun simply because it was no bigger than the kel tec PF9 that i carried before but was OBVIOUSLY a better and more reliable gun . I am a glock guy through and through but they missed the boat on the market of slimmer smaller more concealable weapons of today. The XDs breaks down VERY easily and is as reliable as it can be.....always goes bang and is amazingly smooth and accurate to shoot for its size. Feels like a quality weapon with a smooth action..........bottom line i trust this gun with my life and to protect my family and that is what really counts. If you have a gun that doesnt go bang EVERY time you pull the trigger you are just asking to be a statistic sooner or later. The issue of a little more money to own a better more reliable weapon is really no issue at all............what is your life worth?

Old Post 07-24-2013 07:03 PM
Marion E. Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marion E. Lee Click here to Send Marion E. Lee a Private Message Click Here to Email Marion E. Lee Find more posts by Marion E. Lee Add Marion E. Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terry
UKC Forum Member

Question for Todd if I don't have to follow the "no gun policy"
or you are telling how to get around it. Is there other rules I don't have to follow? Cant UKC just get rid of the rule. We have enough word twisting going on in Washington.

Old Post 07-24-2013 09:35 PM
Terry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Terry Click here to Send Terry a Private Message Click Here to Email Terry Find more posts by Terry Add Terry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KY Chris
UKC Forum Member

Glock 19 is my gun of choice.
As far as the comments about "you shouldn't have to carry or worry about someone with a gun at a hunting event." You could apply this way of thinking to everything you do, but as we all know and see every day this is not true. I carry to protect myself and my family but hope that I never have to do so. It's kind of like my seatbelt, I wear it every day but hope I dont really have to use it to save myself.

(When seconds count the cops are only minutes away.)

Old Post 07-25-2013 03:57 AM
KY Chris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KY Chris Click here to Send KY Chris a Private Message Click Here to Email KY Chris Find more posts by KY Chris Add KY Chris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote