UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog Shredding Chain Link
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Dog Shredding Chain Link

Any suggestions on replacing the cheap chain link on a TSC kennel with heavier gauge wire. I've heard to use horse panel but curious if anyone ever has.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-13-2019 07:51 PM
Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

I've used horse panel. Works good and not hard to do.

Old Post 12-13-2019 09:08 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Built my kennels using the 2X4 welded wire panels. Work great. Only issue is usually you only find them in 4 ft and 5 ft heights. My kennels are above ground so I used the 4 ft with a top on them.

Old Post 12-13-2019 09:29 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Combination panels from tsc.

Old Post 12-13-2019 09:47 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Get a different dog, and a welded wire kennel.

Old Post 12-13-2019 11:08 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

"Get a different dog, and a welded wire kennel"

LOL, that was fantastic, thank you.

Old Post 12-14-2019 12:53 AM
Black And Tan Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black And Tan Man Click here to Send Black And Tan Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Black And Tan Man Find more posts by Black And Tan Man Add Black And Tan Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Go to a commercial fence co. and buy some industrial chain link, it's a much heavier gauge and no dog will hurt it.

Old Post 12-14-2019 07:38 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martinbnt
UKC Forum Member

If he is that determined i would use Hog panel

Old Post 12-14-2019 12:18 PM
Martinbnt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martinbnt Click here to Send Martinbnt a Private Message Click Here to Email Martinbnt Find more posts by Martinbnt Add Martinbnt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

2X4 horse panels

The horse panels I have are 5 ft tall and 16 ft long

Have them around 2 pens-- 1 is 32 ft long and 16 ft wide
the other is about 32 wide and 48 long.. I just used 6 ft Steel posts to support them and have no problems. dogs cannot climb them and on one I made a frame out of 1" steel pipe and made a gate to give access- the other I set some gate posts in concrete to hang a frames Gate . the frame was of the same 1" steel pipe..

If you already have the chain link panels , you could surely cut horse panels to fit and fasten them in. those horse panels are very dog proof

the cost of the Horse panels is less than the cose to buy redy made chain link panels,

Old Post 12-14-2019 01:45 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

What do y'all use to cut the hog or horse panels?

Old Post 12-14-2019 02:22 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Bolt cutters

We use bolt cutters to cut them. And you can get them 6 foot tall just not as common.

Old Post 12-14-2019 02:41 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply !

Old Post 12-14-2019 02:46 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

My neck of the woods we call them bull panels and the bolt cutter makes it easy...the TSC kennels are cheap and convenient but dogs can tear them up...

Mason kennels are great but cost an arm and a leg...

https://masonco.com/animal-enclosures/price-list.html

Old Post 12-14-2019 03:09 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black And Tan Man
UKC Forum Member

Do you have a picture of what the horse panel looks like? Also, any idea on how to fasten to the existing panel. They hare 1 1/2 inch pipe.

Thans

Old Post 12-16-2019 12:05 AM
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Tan Man
Do you have a picture of what the horse panel looks like? Also, any idea on how to fasten to the existing panel. They hare 1 1/2 inch pipe.

Thans

have several pictures.. PM me your e-mail and I will send some pictures.
I have a roll of galvanized electric fence wire that is TOUGH.. Just wire it to the panels I made and on the other pen I wired it to the Steel posts. after several years those are still standing.

Old Post 12-16-2019 01:44 AM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

I use stainless steal hose clamps around pipe and panel wire.
Randi

Old Post 12-16-2019 02:21 AM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

leave the holes and put electric fence up. problem is solved. dog will stay in the house until it gets used to the new boss it has.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 12-16-2019 12:50 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

leave the holes and put electric fence up. problem is solved. dog will stay in the house until it gets used to the new boss it has.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 12-16-2019 12:50 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

see if this works for B&T man

in the side of this you might be able to see the gate panel I made

here is another

Click on the picture to enlarge

Old Post 12-16-2019 03:08 PM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog Shredding Chain Link

quote:
Any suggestions on replacing the cheap chain link on a TSC kennel with heavier gauge wire. I've heard to use horse panel but curious if anyone ever has.

Get him on a proper condition regime, and a routine. He will sleep when he is supposed to rest, quiet when he is supposed to be quiet.
90 percent of the problems I see around the house are due to a lack of exercise.

Not to mention, when you do go to the woods, they will have the stamina to last , and be in great shape, and outperform most of your buddies dog.

Old Post 12-17-2019 01:41 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog Shredding Chain Link

quote:

Get him on a proper condition regime, and a routine. He will sleep when he is supposed to rest, quiet when he is supposed to be quiet.
90 percent of the problems I see around the house are due to a lack of exercise.

Not to mention, when you do go to the woods, they will have the stamina to last , and be in great shape, and outperform most of your buddies dog.

Old Post 12-17-2019 01:41 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote