UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > learning the game
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Karl w.
UKC Forum Member

learning the game

Anyone in Missouri want to let me tag along on some hunts? I am 30yrs old reaponsible and i have a truck. I am willing to drive a couple hrs if i need to. I dont have a dog at this time but i hope told have a black and tan soon. I have only been coon hunting once many years ago, so i would like to see some pleasure hunting and some nite hunts. I am located near stl MO. Thank you for reading, and y'all be safe out there.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-17-2018 12:41 PM
Karl w. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Karl w. Click here to Send Karl w. a Private Message Find more posts by Karl w. Add Karl w. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

what's your number and I will try to help you out

Local clubs will help as well

Old Post 04-17-2018 08:21 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Karl w.
UKC Forum Member

I guess that would help. 314 295 9413 text messages preferred between 9-5, phone calls after 5. I've looked into my local clubs some but I feel a little funny about it since I don't have a dog.

Old Post 04-17-2018 09:03 PM
Karl w. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Karl w. Click here to Send Karl w. a Private Message Find more posts by Karl w. Add Karl w. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Karl w.
UKC Forum Member

I will be in eminence mo this weekend thurs. Thru Sunday. I'm not sure if I'll have a cell Signal but I'll be free everyday after 1pm if your hunting around that area I'd be happy to tag along.

Old Post 04-18-2018 12:33 PM
Karl w.
UKC Forum Member

Bump

Old Post 04-24-2018 02:13 PM
Karl w.
UKC Forum Member

I don't understand why nobody is willing to help someone new get involved in this sport. Everywhere I go and everyone iask, it's like if you ain't born into it you are just out of luck. I thought everyone would want to pass it on and keep this sport Going but so far all I'm meeting is resistance. It's like a secret society or something. Dispite the lack of help I will continue trying on my own and hope I find someone willing to show me the ropes. There is some nite hunts in May in Robertsville mo , I'll be there. If you will be there and don't mind a spectator let me know.Karl

Old Post 04-26-2018 12:36 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Karl your reaching out to this message board and using the feedback to fuel your thoughts on coon hunts and hunters willing to help or be friendly. Totally different thing. Most of the guys you will run into at the hunts and the guys willing to hunt with you are probably not on here.
Here are some suggestions.
1. Get the contact information from any local clubs in your area.
2. Call and inquire about the club having any buddy hunts. Ask if the person answering the phone knows anyone in your area that you could tag along with.
3. I use to look in the newspaper classified many years ago for others in the area selling dogs or hunting supplies. Today it would be social media or craigslist or whatever local swap shop you have going. Search those areas for contacts in your area and call them. Tell them your interested in going coon hunting and if they know someone you could tag along with.

Good Luck!

Old Post 04-26-2018 01:47 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: learning the game

quote:
Originally posted by Karl w.
Anyone in Missouri want to let me tag along on some hunts? I am 30yrs old reaponsible and i have a truck. I am willing to drive a couple hrs if i need to. I dont have a dog at this time but i hope told have a black and tan soon. I have only been coon hunting once many years ago, so i would like to see some pleasure hunting and some nite hunts. I am located near stl MO. Thank you for reading, and y'all be safe out there.
get you a facebook acc !! there is lots of hunters in your area !! make new friends !! your on start !! learn the game and rules !! and then you will know how to play the game to win !! good luck

Old Post 04-26-2018 03:05 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Karl w.
I don't understand why nobody is willing to help someone new get involved in this sport. Everywhere I go and everyone iask, it's like if you ain't born into it you are just out of luck. I thought everyone would want to pass it on and keep this sport Going but so far all I'm meeting is resistance. It's like a secret society or something. Dispite the lack of help I will continue trying on my own and hope I find someone willing to show me the ropes. There is some nite hunts in May in Robertsville mo , I'll be there. If you will be there and don't mind a spectator let me know.Karl

I sure hope someone shows this guy some hospitality when he shows up at the club in Robertsville. Showing someone that is actually interested in the sport the ropes is how we can increase hunt attendance.

Old Post 04-26-2018 07:18 PM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Karl w.
UKC Forum Member

I'll make B&T days as well so I look forward to meeting and getting to know some of you. Every one I know is sick to death of listening to me talk about coon hunting.

Old Post 04-27-2018 12:37 PM