UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Will it ever end?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Will it ever end?

14th of April and we are having a blizzard! 8 to 12 inches of snow, wind 30mph gusts over 50mph. Feels more like January! Is this climate change?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2018 02:11 PM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Weather

Tim , I hear you, having Michigan Plott sectional and just plain nasty and they are predicting ice today. Not sure how it is going to be today. We had 9 dogs in Bench Show and 12 dogs in the hunt.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 04-14-2018 02:58 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluecollar
UKC Forum Member

Global warming!!

Old Post 04-14-2018 03:26 PM
bluecollar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluecollar Click here to Send bluecollar a Private Message Click Here to Email bluecollar Find more posts by bluecollar Add bluecollar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

On the plus side is that when the snow melts in a few days you'll go back to having some of the best hunting in the world..

Old Post 04-14-2018 11:42 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j kahler
UKC Forum Member

Quit whining Tim. We got 20" - 24" depending upon which news channel you watch. Had to go out a window and dig into my house this afternoon.lol

HOME OF:
NT CH 'Pr' Badland's Blue Boomer
Dual CH 'Pr' Badland's Blue Boozer
NT CH 'Pr' Badland's Blue Lady II
CH GRNITE CH'Pr' Badland's Treeslammin Hooker
Dual CH Wabash Bottoms Blue Curlie

Old Post 04-15-2018 01:31 AM
j kahler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for j kahler Click here to Send j kahler a Private Message Find more posts by j kahler Add j kahler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

glad i moved back to ark. . lol

Old Post 04-15-2018 01:31 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j kahler
UKC Forum Member

On the brighter side. The sun has been shining most of the afternoon. Dogs are good and I'm whipped. Maybe I'll see you next weekend Tim but the forecast says more snow next Friday. Let's hope theyre wrong.

HOME OF:
NT CH 'Pr' Badland's Blue Boomer
Dual CH 'Pr' Badland's Blue Boozer
NT CH 'Pr' Badland's Blue Lady II
CH GRNITE CH'Pr' Badland's Treeslammin Hooker
Dual CH Wabash Bottoms Blue Curlie

Old Post 04-15-2018 01:36 AM
j kahler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for j kahler Click here to Send j kahler a Private Message Find more posts by j kahler Add j kahler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

more to come

14 inches with another foot possible in next 24 hours,, northeast Wisconsin .

Old Post 04-15-2018 05:19 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

blizzard warnings here

everything is getting canceled... they had a 3 day pet expo cancel.. all the church services are getting cancel... extreme four wheel drive to go anywhere.

Old Post 04-15-2018 06:20 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Michigan

The wind died down, the temps are SLOWLY rising and in Michigan we got about 8 hours left to run game. I'm gonna load up and I'll put down on anything with fur if I can find a track before dark. If not I'll free cast the pup after dark and see what she finds. Thank you Lord for giving me one last shot!

Old Post 04-15-2018 08:50 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

sunshine yesterday and rain all day today,,went out to my truck this morning and low and behold ,a flat tire, thank goodness for tire plugs and fixaflat,, and cigarette lighter aircompressers,, still raining,

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 04-15-2018 11:54 PM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

snow slowing down

20.5 inches so far.. most snow in one storm since 1889. So far this april we had just over 35 inches of snow , that is half the snow we had all year..

Old Post 04-16-2018 12:17 AM
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

They are talking 6 to 10 inches here Tuesday into Wednesday. It's really getting old.

Old Post 04-16-2018 12:27 AM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

I have an april picture of a robin sitting in a tree outside the camper with snow everywhere in ohio. it had this look of WTF. lol
you all can tell mother nature ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 04-16-2018 12:30 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cowboyred
UKC Forum Member

Two weeks from now it'll probably be 80 degrees and everything will be flooded.

Old Post 04-16-2018 08:20 PM
Cowboyred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cowboyred Click here to Send Cowboyred a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyred Add Cowboyred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deamon
UKC Forum Member

It looks like we may have to cancel the Bigelow hunt as well.Sick of snow headed for Oklahoma tomorrow.Will post when I get notified from Gary of cancellation.

Old Post 04-16-2018 09:05 PM
deamon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deamon Click here to Send deamon a Private Message Click Here to Email deamon Find more posts by deamon Add deamon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

Forecast is for 3-7 inches of snow near Mankato on Wednesday. You can't hardly make this up.

Old Post 04-17-2018 12:30 AM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Enough, all ready!!!! 6 inches on the ground this morning and still coming down! Schools are cancelled, appointments are canceling. WILL THIS EVER END!!!!!!!

Old Post 04-18-2018 02:54 PM
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Enough, all ready!!!! 6 inches on the ground this morning and still coming down! Schools are cancelled, appointments are canceling. WILL THIS EVER END!!!!!!!

Old Post 04-18-2018 02:54 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

We got a good dusten of pollen today.

Old Post 04-18-2018 03:10 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cowboyred
UKC Forum Member

70+ degrees yesterday, 50 today and as predicted every river and creek with a name I've been around all over the tri-state area is running bank full or flooding. Every low spot bigger than a teacup is full of water. Ducks everywhere including the ditches along the interstate. The hills were surprisingly dry last night and the coon were moving pretty well, treed 3 on the outside, 1 in a dozer pile and one den. Too bad you couldn't make it last night Tim!

Old Post 04-24-2018 11:52 PM
Cowboyred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cowboyred Click here to Send Cowboyred a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyred Add Cowboyred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm I didn't have any problems with the weather last week. Of course, my wife and I were in Arizona. Night time temperatures were in the 40s and daytime temperatures were 65-72.

We hiked all over Sedona, Sunset Crater, and the Grand Canyon South Rim.

We were celebrating our 30th Anniversary. We rented a cabin with no internet service, no phone service, and no television. I can't believe how great it was to completely unplug!

Aim small miss small

Old Post 04-25-2018 05:17 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote