UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > houses lipper
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

Anyone ?????

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2014 05:51 PM
Chris Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Horner Click here to Send Chris Horner a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Horner Visit Chris Horner's homepage! Find more posts by Chris Horner Add Chris Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rexfair
UKC Forum Member

lipper pups

I got four male pups, five months old. Their daddy is House's Lipper and thier momas daddy is Houses Lipper

Old Post 01-26-2014 08:43 PM
rexfair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rexfair Click here to Send rexfair a Private Message Find more posts by rexfair Add rexfair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

The best dog my dad ever had was lipper bred but also the worst dog I've ever had is lipper bred. I guess like all of em there's some good ones and some bad ones

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 01-26-2014 10:53 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trinket clark
UKC Forum Member

Ranks stylish rebel.

Need more info on him? Is he still breeding females, is there semen stored on him that can be purchased? Thanks for the help.

~Where a man's word still means something & a handshake is all We need!!!

~Grntch Chestnut Grove Ben Semen(Full Brother to Uplinger's Joe & Son of Logan's Wild Clover x Sandy Creek Daisy) Not For Sale - Frank Hummel/Jason Clark

~Grntch Hardwood Whiner/Rolling Hills Hunter Semen(Son of Durbin's Rambler x Rolling Hills Jane) Not For Sale

~Dual ch.Brookshiers Finley River Driver(2007 Walker days 1st place & high scoring walker male sat) (Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~3 Wins to Grand, Nitch Clark's Mr.Wilson HTX(Driver x Cane River Cry Babe) Qualified 2014, 2016 UKC World Hunt
~Brookshier's Finley River Salty (Grntch. Brookshier's Finley River Sting x Cane River Trudy,Trudy is a Littermate to Wilson and Sassy)
~Brookshier's Finley River Sniper (Driver x Kraviks Babe) Uncle niece cross
~Brookshier's Finley River Momba (Driver X Kraviks Babe) Uncle Niece Cross
~Nitch Cane River Sassy (Driver x Cane River Cry Babe)Qualified 2012 UKC World Hunt
~Clark's Finley River Spot(Finley River Zig x Ramblin Jane) Winer and Ramblin Jane are Brother&Sister
~Clark's Rolling Hills Skinner (Grntch Hardwood Winer x Clark's Finley River Spot)
~Nitch Brookshier's Crosscountry Gert. (Uncle Lee x Crosscountry music) Daughter of Lone Pine Dewey
~Nitch Brookshier's Finley River Viper(Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~Brookshier's Fullblown Rage (Uncle Lee x Finley River Molly ) Daughter of F.R. Lonnie x Fulkerson's F.R. Suzy
~Clark's Little River (Grntch Shoemakers Gator x Grntch Shoemakers Lou
~Brookshier's Otter Creek Dan (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Little Lady (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Penns. Scooby (Denny Burn's Willie x Backwater Kate ,Uncle Lee's mother)

Old Post 01-27-2014 04:39 PM
Trinket clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trinket clark Click here to Send Trinket clark a Private Message Click Here to Email Trinket clark Find more posts by Trinket clark Add Trinket clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trinket clark
UKC Forum Member

Rexfair,

Hello sir,
You mentioned you had 4 male Lipper pups 5 months old. I would be interested in purchasing one, if one was forsale... I hunt Finley River crossed with Lipper ...thank you for your time Sir. (724)841-6580 Jason Clark call or txt any time...

~Grntch Chestnut Grove Ben Semen(Full Brother to Uplinger's Joe & Son of Logan's Wild Clover x Sandy Creek Daisy) Not For Sale - Frank Hummel/Jason Clark

~Grntch Hardwood Whiner/Rolling Hills Hunter Semen(Son of Durbin's Rambler x Rolling Hills Jane) Not For Sale

~Dual ch.Brookshiers Finley River Driver(2007 Walker days 1st place & high scoring walker male sat) (Uncle Lee x Finley River Sally)
~3 Wins to Grand, Nitch Clark's Mr.Wilson HTX(Driver x Cane River Cry Babe) Qualified 2014, 2016 UKC World Hunt
~Brookshier's Finley River Salty (Grntch. Brookshier's Finley River Sting x Cane River Trudy,Trudy is a Littermate to Wilson and Sassy)
~Nitch Cane River Sassy (Driver x Cane River Cry Babe)Qualified 2012 UKC World Hunt
~Clark's Finley River Spot(Finley River Zig x Ramblin Jane) Winer and Ramblin Jane are Brother&Sister
~Clark's Rolling Hills Skinner (Grntch Hardwood Winer x Clark's Finley River Spot)
~Nitch Brookshier's Crosscountry Gert. (Uncle Lee x Crosscountry music) Daughter of Lone Pine Dewey
~Brookshier's Fullblown Rage (Uncle Lee x Finley River Molly ) Daughter of F.R. Lonnie x Fulkerson's F.R. Suzy
~Brookshier's Otter Creek Dan (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Little Lady (Uncle Lee x Otter Creek Hanna, Daughter of Otter Creek Rusty)
~Brookshier's Penns. Scooby (Denny Burn's Willie x Backwater Kate ,Uncle Lee's mother)

Old Post 01-27-2014 04:50 PM
Trinket clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trinket clark Click here to Send Trinket clark a Private Message Click Here to Email Trinket clark Find more posts by Trinket clark Add Trinket clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young09
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by josh

IMO, Clint was the better reproducer.....

I don't know, but Joe himself told me that Houses Clint was the best reproducer of coondogs that he ever owned & Houses Rock Mtn. Prowler was the best coondog he ever owned period while he was trying to buy my 2 year son of Prowler. He aso reccomended breeding to a son of Lipper to avoid the quirky moodiness that Lipper sometimes possessed according to him. He also said that is the absolute one reason he culled him from his breeding program. He also told me in his own words: QUOTE: Joe f**ked up, but he was satisfied with his breeding program. lol I personally liked Lipper crossed on Boone bred dogs.

Old Post 01-27-2014 09:49 PM
Les Young09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young09 Click here to Send Les Young09 a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young09 Find more posts by Les Young09 Add Les Young09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

Lipper

quote:
Originally posted by Les Young09
I don't know, but Joe himself told me that Houses Clint was the best reproducer of coondogs that he ever owned & Houses Rock Mtn. Prowler was the best coondog he ever owned period while he was trying to buy my 2 year son of Prowler. He aso reccomended breeding to a son of Lipper to avoid the quirky moodiness that Lipper sometimes possessed according to him. He also said that is the absolute one reason he culled him from his breeding program. He also told me in his own words: QUOTE: Joe f**ked up, but he was satisfied with his breeding program. lol I personally liked Lipper crossed on Boone bred dogs.

Joe only hunted with Lipper twice. Both times he made Cruz look pretty bad.
Joe was a great guy but always liked to be right... Lol.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 01-28-2014 02:28 PM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young09
UKC Forum Member

TOM

I kind of figured that. lol I know he was as head strong as they come.

Old Post 01-28-2014 02:55 PM
Les Young09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young09 Click here to Send Les Young09 a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young09 Find more posts by Les Young09 Add Les Young09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rexfair
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lipper

quote:
Originally posted by Hopkins/Lipper
Joe only hunted with Lipper twice. Both times he made Cruz look pretty bad.
Joe was a great guy but always liked to be right... Lol.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

Tom knew more about joe houses dogs than joe did. I have heard this story before and I think Tom is right. Thanks Rex

Old Post 02-02-2014 01:02 AM
rexfair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rexfair Click here to Send rexfair a Private Message Find more posts by rexfair Add rexfair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

What was some of lippers all time crosses and how where they bred

Old Post 02-07-2014 05:55 AM
yadkinhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinhoundsman Click here to Send yadkinhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinhoundsman Find more posts by yadkinhoundsman Add yadkinhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mark desantis
Are there any males right out of lipper semen at stud

there is lippers stylish rock. i don't know anything about him other than he is advertised in the cooner or bloodline.

DR Law and Stylish Rooster

Old Post 02-07-2014 02:45 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stonelicktony
UKC Forum Member

Lipper Bloodline

in the mid 80s i hunted a direct son of lipper made him a 6 way grand and ran him hard in the hunts he was a pleasure ,all you had to do is strike him and tree him no tricky crap needed ,he did win alot for me

Old Post 02-07-2014 03:07 PM
stonelicktony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stonelicktony Click here to Send stonelicktony a Private Message Click Here to Email stonelicktony Find more posts by stonelicktony Add stonelicktony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinhoundsman
What was some of lippers all time crosses and how where they bred

lipper x stylish queen= wager's stylish lipper,stylish chirpee,stylish babe

lipper x stylish jill= tj's stylish lipper, stylish cade

lipper x incredible dixie= skuna river lipper

lipper x stylish dolly =stylish rank

lipper x banjo style babe= lockdown lassie

lipper x cedar creek cindy= lippers little buddy, sargents sally

im sure there is alot of great crosses that i missed but there is some of them

Old Post 02-07-2014 03:49 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

Thanks for the info chip appreciate it

Old Post 02-07-2014 04:06 PM
yadkinhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinhoundsman Click here to Send yadkinhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinhoundsman Find more posts by yadkinhoundsman Add yadkinhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

Those are a few great crosses . A few of best we're before Lipper had made a name for himself nationally. His very first cross was with Warner's Lucille . She was a coondog and littermate sister to Cedar Creek Cindy. The Lipper x Lucille cross produced Gr Nt Ch House's Lawyer , Gr Nt Ch Camp's Midnight Magnum (he died with Lukimia before 2) Gr Nt Ch Jolene, Gr Nt Ch House's Hunter and a few other great hounds out of this litter. Then another was Lipper x McKissic creek Tabitha that produced Hopkins Cash on of the best I ever followed. Also Bagget's Dixie that produced Adios Lightning. He was an outstanding hound that I won the ACHA Little World with and he and his sons won much more . I once posted a fairly complete list of LIPPER'S sons grand sons and great grandsons.
If can find it I will post it again ... It's an eye opener.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

Sent from my iPad

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 02-07-2014 07:49 PM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Tom Hopkins <hopkinslipper@gmail.com> wrote:
... HOUSES'S LIPPER was a 70lb muscular square red headed, blanketbacked, broad chested hound with long straight strong legs and cat tight feet on which he stood proudly. LIPPER was a beautiful tight wound bundle of talent with a competitive burning desire which made him not for the casual hunter. However, this concentration of ability was the key to his reproductive success. LIPPER was successful in producing dogs that were known to be fast breaking, hard hunting dogs that would throw dirt in your face leaving and generally string out a cast of dogs behind them squeeling and yelping and trying to keep up, this was confusing to the dogs and their handlers.
LIPPER dogs would tree a pop up or get deep in a hurry, according to the coon population. A LIPPER TRAIT that was quite evident was their tracking ability. A LIPPER dog could run a track with their head in the air and turn a feed track into a climb or get caught track in short order. Then comes that signature screaming hair raising locate that was usually blown several yards before rolling up on the timber where the show was about to begin. The most remembered TRAIT of LIPPER dogs was their tree style. The were so loud that many times a cast would want to move back and then closer in an attempt to hear if their dogs were at the tree. You could shine the dogs while going into the tree and see the other dogs mouthes moving but could only here the LIPPER dog till you got to the tree. Many have described a LIPPER tree mouth. Such as, a large piece of machinery running, or a dinosaour or a dog caught in a trap or in extreme distress. It was a constant roar that was deafning. Once treed they were treed the more pressure you put on them the better they liked it and the harder they would tree. I would say that the cherry on top was the accuracy that LIPPER put in his offspring. If you hunted a LIPPER dog you came to expect to see a coon when you walked up to a tree. In closing I would say that the concentration of desire and balance in all departments was the key to THE LIPPER STRAIN.

Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 02-07-2014 08:05 PM
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

Wow thanks for the information next question where do I buy some straws of semen I watched videos of his pips and grand pups and a audio recording andwow I like the mouths I have always been a big big fan of big booming screaming mouths did he cross well on rat attack females?

Old Post 02-07-2014 09:37 PM
Trinket clark
UKC Forum Member

Gotta get ya some!!!!

And don't forget Lipper x Finley River Trap, very pwr full cross that was kind of under the radar...

Old Post 02-08-2014 03:13 AM
p31295
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Those are a few great crosses . A few of best we're before Lipper had made a name for himself nationally. His very first cross was with Warner's Lucille . She was a coondog and littermate sister to Cedar Creek Cindy. The Lipper x Lucille cross produced Gr Nt Ch House's Lawyer , Gr Nt Ch Camp's Midnight Magnum (he died with Lukimia before 2) Gr Nt Ch Jolene, Gr Nt Ch House's Hunter and a few other great hounds out of this litter. Then another was Lipper x McKissic creek Tabitha that produced Hopkins Cash on of the best I ever followed. Also Bagget's Dixie that produced Adios Lightning. He was an outstanding hound that I won the ACHA Little World with and he and his sons won much more . I once posted a fairly complete list of LIPPER'S sons grand sons and great grandsons.
If can find it I will post it again ... It's an eye opener.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

Sent from my iPad

I was twenty years old when I drew a young hound named Houses Lipper it did not take long before I knew he was in a class by himself. I had never seen a hound so powerful, still have not. I wanted one like him badly. I got a pup from his first litter, out of Lucille. And bingo I had one Magnum was very much like his Dad loaded with powerful powerful traits ,just born to be a coondog. I was fortunate to hunt with Lawyer,Hunter,Sounder and a super female, I can't remember her name.

Lipper and Lucille if yall, only knew how strong that first cross was.
And how fondly I remember it

Paul Camp
HOUSE BRED HOUNDS
Daingerfield Texas
903-434-9211

Last edited by p31295 on 02-10-2014 at 03:09 AM

Old Post 02-10-2014 01:36 AM
p31295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p31295 Click here to Send p31295 a Private Message Click Here to Email p31295 Find more posts by p31295 Add p31295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

Did he cross well on rat attack females

Old Post 02-10-2014 03:10 AM
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

Is there and house's lipper semen left?

Old Post 02-12-2014 02:30 AM
Canyon Creek
UKC Forum Member

CANYON CREEK DUKE (HOUSE BLOOD)

I OWN A QUADRUPLE LINE BLED TOP AND BOTTOM MALE THAT IS HOUSE'S TOM TOM (CLINT & LIPPER), PAC-MAN, STYLISH HARRY WITH SOME HARDWOOD BOZO.
FOR INFORMATION ON CANYON CREEK DUKE GO TO THE UKC STUD DOG SECTION UNDER CANYON CREEK DUKE.

Old Post 07-09-2014 09:34 PM
Canyon Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Canyon Creek Click here to Send Canyon Creek a Private Message Click Here to Email Canyon Creek Find more posts by Canyon Creek Add Canyon Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Tom Hopkins <hopkinslipper@gmail.com> wrote:
... HOUSES'S LIPPER was a 70lb muscular square red headed, blanketbacked, broad chested hound with long straight strong legs and cat tight feet on which he stood proudly. LIPPER was a beautiful tight wound bundle of talent with a competitive burning desire which made him not for the casual hunter. However, this concentration of ability was the key to his reproductive success. LIPPER was successful in producing dogs that were known to be fast breaking, hard hunting dogs that would throw dirt in your face leaving and generally string out a cast of dogs behind them squeeling and yelping and trying to keep up, this was confusing to the dogs and their handlers.
LIPPER dogs would tree a pop up or get deep in a hurry, according to the coon population. A LIPPER TRAIT that was quite evident was their tracking ability. A LIPPER dog could run a track with their head in the air and turn a feed track into a climb or get caught track in short order. Then comes that signature screaming hair raising locate that was usually blown several yards before rolling up on the timber where the show was about to begin. The most remembered TRAIT of LIPPER dogs was their tree style. The were so loud that many times a cast would want to move back and then closer in an attempt to hear if their dogs were at the tree. You could shine the dogs while going into the tree and see the other dogs mouthes moving but could only here the LIPPER dog till you got to the tree. Many have described a LIPPER tree mouth. Such as, a large piece of machinery running, or a dinosaour or a dog caught in a trap or in extreme distress. It was a constant roar that was deafning. Once treed they were treed the more pressure you put on them the better they liked it and the harder they would tree. I would say that the cherry on top was the accuracy that LIPPER put in his offspring. If you hunted a LIPPER dog you came to expect to see a coon when you walked up to a tree. In closing I would say that the concentration of desire and balance in all departments was the key to THE LIPPER STRAIN.

Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/Lipper

Awesome description of a coondog!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 01-10-2016 08:08 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

When I was a teenager I hunted a lot with a man that had one out of the Lipper/Lucille cross.

He was a Grand Nite and a pretty high powered son of a gun.

Old Post 01-17-2016 03:06 AM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

When I was a teenager I hunted a lot with a man that had one out of the Lipper/Lucille cross.

He was a Grand Nite and a pretty high powered son of a gun.

Old Post 01-17-2016 03:06 AM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote