UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Loud-Mouthed Hounds - Track and Tree
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Fielder
UKC Forum Member

Loud-Mouthed Hounds - Track and Tree

I'm doing some research for an upcoming article concerning hounds with loud mouths.

I'm looking for comments about the loudest Treeing Walker dogs, on either track or tree or both, that you've ever heard.

Comments can be from personal experiences or from comments you have heard from other hunters.

This should be fun. Let us hear from you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2021 03:16 PM
Steve Fielder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Fielder Visit Steve Fielder's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Fielder Add Steve Fielder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Loudest

Start with Chilzers Lead, that was owned by John Chilzer.

He could sound like he was treed right in front of you. But, when you went to get him, you just kept on walking to get to him. He wasn't so close after all.

He's the first one I think of when it comes to loud tree dogs.

Loudest on track? You could count him out on that part.

He was out of Knob Lead Lead.

Old Post 03-07-2021 04:03 PM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Check out the video of mill creek magic I think is his name he is as loud as I've heard and I have hunted with many lipper bred and lawyer bred dogs that were loud he is in kentucky

Old Post 03-07-2021 06:28 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Lash
UKC Forum Member

Lead

John's dog Lead ,was one of the loudest dogs I ever heard, I was privileged to hunt with him quite a few times. Another was Gr Nt Ch Fishers Hard Knockin Rock, Very loud and a 3 year old could call treed on his locate , he was off West Virginia Sky, I hunted with Rock a bunch and he was probably in the top 2-3 of all around coon hounds I ever followed.

Old Post 03-07-2021 09:25 PM
Bill Lash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Lash Click here to Send Bill Lash a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Lash Find more posts by Bill Lash Add Bill Lash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k.trumble
UKC Forum Member

LOUD!!

GRNTCH waltz nite train was super loud

Old Post 03-08-2021 02:34 AM
k.trumble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for k.trumble Click here to Send k.trumble a Private Message Click Here to Email k.trumble Find more posts by k.trumble Add k.trumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Leroy Gambles english dog Hillbilly Mike
Darrell Newtons pkc wch Silver Dollar Stone also was loud

Last edited by lblhunter on 03-08-2021 at 03:00 AM

Old Post 03-08-2021 02:51 AM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Mathis
UKC Forum Member

Loud !

I drew Yadkin Tar Rattler years ago (80's )and owned by Stacy Wooten's father and sorry but can't think of his first name.
He was LOUD and produced loud mouth pups

Old Post 03-08-2021 03:55 AM
Andy Mathis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Mathis Click here to Send Andy Mathis a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Mathis Find more posts by Andy Mathis Add Andy Mathis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PreacherTom
UKC Forum Member

Loudest dog I ever heard was probably 50 years ago. My dad owned him, just a young dog and not really a coon dog but he would give you a head ache when he was barking. I remember asking my dad if he could make him shut up at the tree. Pretty sure he was out of Norman's Coon Stopper.

Old Post 03-08-2021 04:00 AM
PreacherTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PreacherTom Click here to Send PreacherTom a Private Message Click Here to Email PreacherTom Find more posts by PreacherTom Add PreacherTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A. Stonecipher
New UKC Forum Member

Three hounds stand out in my mind as being exceptionally loud two of them had the same mother Guess's Hardwood Dixie. Nick DeGiacomo's Hardwood Maniac was about as loud of a tree dog as I have ever heard his half brother Hardknockin" Stylish Hayes was loud too and he treed so hard he could actually sound like two dogs treed. The other hound was a dog I owned called Zeb who was out of Hook's Arkansas Rambler and a female that went back to Merchant's Banjo he was loud on the ground and was overpowering when he treed. I personally haven't heard anything like these 3 hounds in the last 25 years or so.

Old Post 03-08-2021 04:24 AM
A. Stonecipher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A. Stonecipher Click here to Send A. Stonecipher a Private Message Find more posts by A. Stonecipher Add A. Stonecipher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Loud

I never hunted with Crocker’s Roadtrip, but the videos sure made him sound loud! Davis’ Rosedale Phrogger sounds pretty darn loud too and he’s still alive to hear. My dad drew out with a dog called Nocturnal Whip or Twister many years ago. He always says that’s the loudest he ever heard. EZ Money, that Bryan Whitted owned was real loud.

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 03-08-2021 12:04 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treestroker
UKC Forum Member

lippers mac 2

judge him one night you had to yell at the tree your chest hurt from him barking 2nd loudest dog didn't come close to his volume

Old Post 03-08-2021 10:02 PM
treestroker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treestroker Click here to Send treestroker a Private Message Find more posts by treestroker Add treestroker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

My Shot dog.Loud enough to wake the neighbor was a couple hundred yards away captured on a ring door bell click the link

https://ring.com/share/6761200043501794397

Last edited by jawscardodger on 03-09-2021 at 01:24 AM

Old Post 03-09-2021 01:22 AM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jawscardodger
My Shot dog.Loud enough to wake the neighbor was a couple hundred yards away captured on a ring door bell click the link

That was great!

Old Post 03-09-2021 11:31 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Yep, that Shot dog definitely is loud! I like the video. How do his pups sound and what’s his breeding?

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 03-09-2021 01:28 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

He doesn't have any pups. He's third generation Grand Night that I raised and train. This is his Papers.

Old Post 03-09-2021 06:28 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BAS
UKC Forum Member

Loud

Steve

The loudest hound I have been in the woods with was Yadkin Tar Rattler. I do not remember where I drew out with him BUT I do remember he was very loud and could use it right

Thanks

Old Post 03-10-2021 02:50 PM
BAS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAS Click here to Send BAS a Private Message Click Here to Email BAS Find more posts by BAS Add BAS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

Check out this 13 month pup Grand pup of Houses Lipper.
Hes 2 years old now Accurate little hound.
Off Lippers Rooster x Lippers Hope. We bottle fed the whole litter.

https://youtu.be/e9VpG5g0KN8

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 03-13-2021 03:22 AM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Have hunted with and judged some loud ones, but the absolute loudest one I have ever been with was a dog named Kansas Hoss, he was off Kaw River Chief and Johnson's Kansas Rose. deafening loud on a tree.

Old Post 03-13-2021 12:43 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

Stylish Lipper was extremely loud! It hurt your ears to be next to him.

Old Post 03-13-2021 01:26 PM
MARK RISINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARK RISINGER Click here to Send MARK RISINGER a Private Message Click Here to Email MARK RISINGER Find more posts by MARK RISINGER Add MARK RISINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jawscardodger

I thought about Bigfoot when I heard that loud
hound...😳😁

Old Post 03-13-2021 02:54 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MARK RISINGER
Stylish Lipper was extremely loud! It hurt your ears to be next to him.

As in Wager's Stylish Lipper? I have a young hound with that pretty close up is why I ask.

Old Post 03-13-2021 03:34 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

YES. VERY, VERY LOUD.

Old Post 03-15-2021 06:14 PM
MARK RISINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARK RISINGER Click here to Send MARK RISINGER a Private Message Click Here to Email MARK RISINGER Find more posts by MARK RISINGER Add MARK RISINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

YES. VERY, VERY LOUD.

Old Post 03-15-2021 06:14 PM
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Timber Rattler had the best mouth ive ever heard and looked like the perfect dog the night I hunted with him. He's one of a few I wish I could get some more of. I had 4 out of him they all had above average or way above average mouth and were very natural hunting and tree dogs

Old Post 03-16-2021 08:56 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pacolet Why
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with a male dog out of lipper and a female off yadkin tar rattler that would deafen you at the tree. Could hear him a long way off. Also had a male dog off schultz stylish coma that was really loud.

Old Post 03-17-2021 03:15 AM
pacolet Why is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pacolet Why Click here to Send pacolet Why a Private Message Find more posts by pacolet Why Add pacolet Why to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote