UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Posting pictures (how to)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mike
UKC Webmaster

Posting pictures (how to)

By popular demand, I'm creating this thread as a quick how-to guide on posting pictures on the board. I'm stickying it so it won't get lost like all of the other threads on this subject. So, without further ado...

HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE UKC BOARD

Step 1: Get A Picture

First of all, you need to have a picture in a digital format. If it's in your computer already, then you can move on to...

Step 2: Host the Picture

You need to have your picture hosted somewhere. What we mean by this is that your picture needs to be uploaded somewhere onto the web, such as on your own web site, a friend's web site or one of the free picture hosting services, such as hunt101.com, photobucket.com or imagestation.com.

Personally, I prefer Photobucket.com, since it's free and very straightforward to use. If you do host your picture there, just follow the steps on their web site to create an account and to upload your photos.

Once your picture is uploaded...

Step 3: Find Out The Picture's URL

Find out your picture's web address. This is the URL you need to type to view your picture. A simple way to get this is to load up the page your picture is on, right-click the picture and choose "properties" from the menu that pops up. What you need will look something like this "http://www.ukcdogs.com/res/img/example.jpg".

On Photobucket, all you really need to do is to log into your account, click on the photo you want to post so that it loads full-screen. Then, to the right of the picture, copy the line next to the "Img" label. It should look something like this:

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/a111/youraccountname/yourpicture.jpg[/img]

Paste that line into your message board post and you're all set.

If you're not using Photobucket...

Step 4: Post The Picture

Now that you have the URL, you can inflict it on your fellow UKC board members. All you have to do is type in the url, surrounding it with the [img] and [/img] tags, so it looks this:

[img]http://www.ukcdogs.com/res/img/example.jpg[/img]

Make sure you've copied the entire link--from the "http://" to the very end (which will be something like ".jpg", ".gif" or ".png").

The board should then display the photo automatically whenever the post is viewed, like this:

Keep in mind, however, that if your photo is removed from the hosted site, it'll cause a broken link on this board (the picture won't show up).

Last edited by Mike on 11-13-2012 at 03:28 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-09-2006 08:38 PM
Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Click here to Send Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Visit Mike's homepage! Find more posts by Mike Add Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
devan131313
UKC Forum Member

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/devan141414/media/2013-07-22_16-54-42_256_zps6a64ef1b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Old Post 07-30-2013 10:44 PM
devan131313 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for devan131313 Click here to Send devan131313 a Private Message Find more posts by devan131313 Add devan131313 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
welch1
UKC Forum Member

pics

I've tried multiple ways to add pictures and can't seem to make it work can u tell me what in doing wrong

Old Post 06-28-2014 12:25 PM
welch1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for welch1 Click here to Send welch1 a Private Message Click Here to Email welch1 Find more posts by welch1 Add welch1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PitBully07
New UKC Forum Member

So this is how you do it, thanks!

Old Post 03-10-2015 07:56 PM
PitBully07 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PitBully07 Click here to Send PitBully07 a Private Message Click Here to Email PitBully07 Find more posts by PitBully07 Add PitBully07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DarkNighttree'n
UKC Forum Member

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/mb...?sort=3&o=0

"Nitech EEL River DIxie 2"
"Harry Babe"

Black and tann
"Ragin vera"
"last chance lucky"

Old Post 04-14-2015 03:13 PM
DarkNighttree'n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DarkNighttree'n Click here to Send DarkNighttree'n a Private Message Click Here to Email DarkNighttree'n Find more posts by DarkNighttree'n Add DarkNighttree'n to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DarkNighttree'n
UKC Forum Member

HELP

I noticed everyone else pics are showing up on the message boards. Mine is only loading the url link instead of showing the pics

"Nitech EEL River DIxie 2"
"Harry Babe"

Black and tann
"Ragin vera"
"last chance lucky"

Old Post 04-14-2015 03:18 PM
DarkNighttree'n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DarkNighttree'n Click here to Send DarkNighttree'n a Private Message Click Here to Email DarkNighttree'n Find more posts by DarkNighttree'n Add DarkNighttree'n to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david hicks
UKC Forum Member

Wish we could put pics on with phone

GRNITECH 'PR' ESSARY'S DUDLEY (KATE X RUDD'S NIGHT TRAIN){RIP}
'PR' COON CRAZY LITTLE KATE(KJ X PR STYLISH COMA'S BIG TICKET) LOTS OF COMA
CH GRNITECH 'PR' MISSOURI'S COON CRAZY KATE [ RIP ]

Old Post 04-20-2015 09:50 PM
david hicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david hicks Click here to Send david hicks a Private Message Click Here to Email david hicks Find more posts by david hicks Add david hicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skippy23
UKC Forum Member

POSTING PICS WITH SMART PHONE

A word of advice to uploading the with your SMART PHONE. I learned this through trial and error.

If you read the original post you will see where you are to "RIGHT CLICK" and copy the link from PHOTOBUCKET. The problem is if you are using your Smart Phone you have no mouse to right click and no way to copy the link if you are Accessing Photobucket via the internet (Chrome, Safari, Explorer)

You will need to download the Photobucket APP from Google play or your App store. Once you have signed into photobucket via the App you can upload your photo to your Photobucket album from your phones photo gallery. Then you can go to your "Library" in the Photobucket APP, select the picture you want to put on the UKC Forum and an "Info" icon should show up on the bottom left hand corner. this "info" icon will give you the links you would need to copy. Copy the bottom "IMG" link. Then go to your UKC Post and paste this link in the Reply. then Preview the Reply to make sure the photo is there.

this Method worked for me. I have an I Phone 6S.

hope this helps.

thanks

Old Post 11-04-2015 02:15 PM
Skippy23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skippy23 Find more posts by Skippy23 Add Skippy23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dry Fork Kennel
UKC Forum Member

PHOTOBUCKET IS NO LONGER FREE

PHOTOBUCKET IS NO LONGER FREE. The other 2 options are not available from a phone. So now if I want to post pictures to your forum I have to pay $400 to PHOTOBUCKET or just not post pictures. I wish UKC forums would get with the program and allow posting of pictures from our phones. Save everyone a lot of time and trouble.

Last edited by Dry Fork Kennel on 08-12-2017 at 11:21 PM

Old Post 08-12-2017 11:16 PM
Dry Fork Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dry Fork Kennel Click here to Send Dry Fork Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Dry Fork Kennel Find more posts by Dry Fork Kennel Add Dry Fork Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark nethery
UKC Forum Member

ukc please update

To whom it may concern

I would like to ask for all of us computer challenged coonhunts and hounds men that use your website to buy sell and advertise ther ukc hounds.
Please make posting pictures simpler to the pages we buy and sell and advertise. Please let us post from our phones just like Facebook. I know it must be hard to do or it would have already been done. But revisit it and see if you can help us out!! Thanks from all of us hounds men and women

Home off
SUPER STAKES SIRE
UKC DNA Profiled
GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter (Grch GrNtCh Crows an Grants Cutter x GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Hope )
At stud.300 negative Brucellosis

Pr Trick Magic Dixie ( GrchGrntch2 Charley Creek Big Mike x Grch GrNtCh Trick Magic Trudy)

Pr Stylish Cutter Jr ( GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter x Pr Trick Magic Dixie sister t Bad Butch )

Semen stored at Peewee valley
Grntch Stylish Hammer is a 2019 UKC preformance sire. DNA profile in UKC and PKC see stud dog page for ad on GrNtch Stylish Hammer 👍🇺🇸

Old Post 10-29-2017 06:18 PM
mark nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark nethery Click here to Send mark nethery a Private Message Find more posts by mark nethery Add mark nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

Posting pictures

This is all you need. Download on your phone. Google it then you can download.

free image host

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 05-08-2018 06:30 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redtide
UKC Forum Member

Note that you cannot resize photos in this forum. Your original must be sized to fit (or it may run across the page).

The size codes do not work here.

For example, the small logo on UKC's home page shows like this:

334-580-7940

https://redtidekennels.wordpress.com/home/

http://i53.tinypic.com/xpq06h.jpg
NITECH 'PR' THORN'S ROLEX (R.I.P.)

Old Post 03-13-2019 11:17 PM
redtide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redtide Click here to Send redtide a Private Message Click Here to Email redtide Visit redtide's homepage! Find more posts by redtide Add redtide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EllaMiller
New UKC Forum Member

Re: Posting pictures (how to)

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
By popular demand, I'm creating this thread as a quick how-to guide on posting pictures on the board. I'm stickying it so it won't get lost like all of the other threads on this subject. So, without further ado...

HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE UKC BOARD

Step 1: Get A Picture

First of all, you need to have a picture in a digital format. If it's in your computer already, then you can move on to...

Step 2: Host the Picture

You need to have your picture hosted somewhere. What we mean by this is that your picture needs to be uploaded somewhere onto the web, such as on your own web site, a friend's web site or one of the free picture hosting services, such as hunt101.com, photobucket.com or imagestation.com.

Personally, I prefer Photobucket.com, since it's free and very straightforward to use. If you do host your picture there, just follow the steps on their web site to create an account and to upload your photos.

Once your picture is uploaded...

Step 3: Find Out The Picture's URL

Find out your picture's web address. This is the URL you need to type to view your picture. A simple way to get this is to load up the page your picture is on, right-click the picture and choose "properties" from the menu that pops up. What you need will look something like this "http://www.ukcdogs.com/res/img/example.jpg".

On Photobucket, all you really need to do is to log into your account, click on the photo you want to post so that it loads full-screen. Then, to the right of the picture, copy the line next to the "Img" label. It should look something like this:

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/a...g[/img]

Paste that line into your message board post and you're all set.

If you're not using Photobucket...

Step 4: Post The Picture

Now that you have the URL, you can inflict it on your fellow UKC board members. All you have to do is type in the url, surrounding it with the [img] and [/img] tags, so it looks this:

[img]http://www.ukcdogs.com/res/img/exam...g[/img]

Make sure you've copied the entire link--from the "http://" to the very end (which will be something like ".jpg", ".gif" or ".png").

The board should then display the photo automatically whenever the post is viewed, like this:

Smart POS solutions
Keep in mind, however, that if your photo is removed from the hosted site, it'll cause a broken link on this board (the picture won't show up).

Thank you, I hope this works

Old Post 10-26-2021 09:24 AM
EllaMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EllaMiller Click here to Send EllaMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email EllaMiller Find more posts by EllaMiller Add EllaMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote