UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Who All Hunts Clover Dogs In The State Of Kentucky?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

CLOVER DOGS

CLOVER DOGS IN KENTUCKY.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Last edited by Carl Fox on 05-27-2014 at 05:00 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2013 04:10 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justin tumbleso
UKC Forum Member

Carl:

I'm not in Kentucky but just across the river on the good side

I have a young Clover female I'm hunting and most I've seen operate about the same.....Deep, Lonely and usually sitting under ole Ricky.

I think I wore out 2 pair of boots last hunting season finishing this little female out.

Like you said....Definently not an old man or lazy hunters type of dogs.

Justin

"I do it to feed my competitive desire"

Old Post 05-23-2013 06:06 PM
justin tumbleso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justin tumbleso Click here to Send justin tumbleso a Private Message Click Here to Email justin tumbleso Find more posts by justin tumbleso Add justin tumbleso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

I'm in Michigan. I love mine. He hunts deep but only when he has to. Runs a cold track, and a hot one, same results, does a real good job of having the coon. No junk, just an all around pleasure to hunt. Best I've owned, and want 2 more just like him. I'll see if he can reproduce his own type here soon, should know sometime next year.

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 05-23-2013 06:17 PM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boxmanwillie
Banned

clover

your right carl they will walk a man to death and the one justin hunts will walk you to death too lol nice little dog that justin has carl real independant and will have the bacon lo i know what ya mean by getting old i still hunt 3 4 nights a week with a coma dog carl that will get in the country lol

Old Post 05-23-2013 10:42 PM
boxmanwillie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmanwillie Click here to Send boxmanwillie a Private Message Find more posts by boxmanwillie Add boxmanwillie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

I ant never hunted with a clover dog.What kind of faults do they have?

Old Post 05-24-2013 12:45 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ghosthunter50
UKC Forum Member

not in ky but close

I got ffemale that will hunt deep if she has to.only junk probs is bear. ive never seen her run backtrack, not an ill hair on her. good loud unique mouth

Old Post 05-24-2013 01:35 AM
ghosthunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ghosthunter50 Click here to Send ghosthunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by ghosthunter50 Add ghosthunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeepsandGsds
UKC Forum Member

Got a pup a little over a year old with 4 shots of clover in 4 generations plus lipper rat sackett jr Cade seven mile swamp

Chelsey's Black Zelda - Gsd
Lola von Miller - Gsd
Agladia vom Schwarz - Gsd
Majors screamin Cade- Walker
Goose creek Daisy - walker

Old Post 05-24-2013 01:38 AM
JeepsandGsds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JeepsandGsds Click here to Send JeepsandGsds a Private Message Click Here to Email JeepsandGsds Find more posts by JeepsandGsds Add JeepsandGsds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big m.d.
UKC Forum Member

Do alot of clover dogs bawl on track and tree?

Old Post 05-24-2013 03:20 AM
big m.d. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big m.d. Click here to Send big m.d. a Private Message Visit big m.d.'s homepage! Find more posts by big m.d. Add big m.d. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by big m.d.

Most sound like a screaming monster running through the woods!

Here is a sound clip of what most Whitey dogs sound like. This is of my 3yr old NITECH

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 05-24-2013 10:00 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

BARRY MATNEY HAS A NICE GR.NT.CH. CLOVER BREED DOG HE IS IN GREENSBURG-GREEN CO. KY.

Old Post 05-27-2013 09:47 PM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justin tumbleso
UKC Forum Member

Jackson:

The major "issues" I've seen in the ones I've hunted with or owned:

1. Chew.....The one I'm hunting now and others I've hunted with chewed some but the 2 min will never catch her. Just hope you don't tree ole ricky in somebody's front yard with a nice expensive decorative tree....It will be stripped and lose half its value!

2. Independant....Almost too a fault...Like to be by themselves

3. Lots of drive & hunt...If you don't want to go coonhunting....Leave them in the kennel.

The issues I've listed above are some of the issues I've ran into, but would hardly consider them faults. I would rather deal with a hard hunting independant chewer with a huge mouth sitting under ole ricky as to follow a lazy, loose mouth slick treeing iddiot.

Just my 2 cents.

Justin

Old Post 05-28-2013 09:43 PM
justin tumbleso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justin tumbleso Click here to Send justin tumbleso a Private Message Click Here to Email justin tumbleso Find more posts by justin tumbleso Add justin tumbleso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Justin.I was being to think I wasnt gonna get an answer.Those are not faults in my book.My female striped the bark of tree just lasy week.From the ground up 6ft all the bark was gone.She had the meat and usually dose so it dont bother me.We dont live 2 far apart we should get together some time and cut um.

Old Post 05-28-2013 10:01 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justus
UKC Forum Member

I drew out with a GrNite clover dog back to back years and both fri -sat in 2012 that's 3 nites of hunting with him never seen him on a tree with another dog and was acc. But one night we treed 4 different coons and he was no where around us I don't know if he just wouldn't back a dog or what! He was small around 40-45 lbs didn't have much mouth

GrNite-Queen of Diamonds-(GrNite TnT's Smokeman-Lesters Queen)

TK'S Turkey Cocks Slinger-(GrNite-Charlie Brown-GrNite-Queen of Diamons

Diamonds 14k-(GrNite-Days hardwood Lonzo-GrNite-Queen of Diamonds

Old Post 05-29-2013 01:55 AM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justin tumbleso
UKC Forum Member

Jackson----I can hunt about any nite.....Give me a call sometime and we'll hit the timber with these Clover hounds. Ph: 513-309-8637

Justus----That's exactly what I meant by almost independant to a fault. I would rather be hunting in thin coon with most of the Clover dog's I've hunted with. Let'em get deep and lonely with ole ricky and plus'em up. If other dogs are packing up and treeing pop up coons, sometimes you can sure take a licking.....Just pluss'em up and tip your hat to them....Most of these dogs can be beat but will sure win their share of casts.

Justin

Old Post 05-29-2013 05:49 PM
justus
UKC Forum Member

Going to breed to a Clover bred dog in the next year when I finish my gyp out she's a NiteCh . Her strong points is she's can fly on track and treeee dog that's pretty acc. I live in very thin coon and what I've reading clover dogs are cold nosed and got plenty of hunt and acc what I'm looking for! What other Clover studs are Reproducing other than Wildcard?

GrNite-Queen of Diamonds-(GrNite TnT's Smokeman-Lesters Queen)

TK'S Turkey Cocks Slinger-(GrNite-Charlie Brown-GrNite-Queen of Diamons

Diamonds 14k-(GrNite-Days hardwood Lonzo-GrNite-Queen of Diamonds

Old Post 05-29-2013 09:36 PM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

Check out Joe Newlin's male Cube, He is a grandson to Clover, not sure how many females he has bred, but he is a gooooood one.

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 05-30-2013 02:00 AM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy Beckham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by big m.d.

I have a male and female that are heavy clover bred, both bawl & chop on tree. They both will hunt hard but wont run out of the country. They just hunt hard until they hit a track.

PKC CH, GRNITECH Beckham's Hillbilly Bones

Old Post 05-02-2014 09:34 PM
Billy Beckham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Beckham Click here to Send Billy Beckham a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Beckham Find more posts by Billy Beckham Add Billy Beckham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote