UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > List A
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

List A

I've been working on acquiring the list of top reproducing dog's in the breed . Top 25 Males and Females . Unfortunately I have not been able to get the list . After many attempts phone calls and messages I just cant get Carrie with UKC to return my call . Tried again today and will try again tomorrow . But I may have very well found out why Mr. Hyde and Mr. Marshall quit providing it . They just couldn't get it anymore .

If by some miracle I can acquire the list I will add first half here to keep the male and female info separate so it doesn't get all mixed then do a part b thread for the other half . But it's not looking promising at all .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-10-2019 12:58 AM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

We are patiently waiting... What are your criteria to make the lists?

Old Post 12-10-2019 01:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

I think female's need 14 pups on the ground . And male's need 50 . This will give opportunity to see reproducers now and not too late . If a female throws small litters and is just under the minimum but produces I'd like to know . Same with a male . There's a lot of good males and hard to get 100 pups before the dog gets old . Seeing results now instead of later may make an impact . Might make a difference in who gets chosen for a stud . And there's also the few who breed for themselves and sell partial litters that are more then they can hunt . They may be reproducing but we'd never know because of requirements . As much as I like reading up on past dogs lines and crosses . I'd also like to know what's going on every day as I try to figure things out .
Other requirements will stay the same except age I'd say 7 yrs old would be ok .

Maybe it's not the best idea but I figure it's a good place to start .

Last edited by George pouliott on 12-10-2019 at 05:16 PM

Old Post 12-10-2019 05:07 PM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The IT girls hiding out down in the basement must be too busy with the network revamp to do your research.

Old Post 12-19-2019 09:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

List

The list got pushed back . I was told I should receive it around June 12th . There was a couple big projects ahead of mine and then the pandemic really set things back . But hopefully I'll have it soon enough .

Old Post 05-31-2020 07:17 PM
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Ok yall I have the list . But it's in a PDF format and I don't know how to copy and paste to put a PDF on here . If anyone can help would be much appreciated .

Old Post 06-04-2020 07:09 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Email it to me and I'll try wheeler_preston@yahoo.com

Old Post 06-04-2020 07:18 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Blake, if you can't Jared used to own his own computer business before he retired and went to work for the County. I bet that he can.

Old Post 06-04-2020 07:45 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

He's going to have to, I could get but the first page to post.

Old Post 06-04-2020 09:25 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

https://postimg.cc/WDJFxsSx][/url]

https://postimg.cc/KkSk2CHj][/url]

https://postimg.cc/CBGZLJ3N][/url]

https://postimages.org/][/url]

Old Post 06-05-2020 12:11 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That just looks like the lists in Bloodline mag with 4 females added. I don't understand. The females from 15 on don't have a titled offspring. It just looks like a list of females that have had 20 pups.

Old Post 06-05-2020 01:04 AM
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

I gotta tell ya'll them some piss poor #s ! Look at the amount of un registered pups . Why are Dams that didn't produce anything even on this list ? Is it that important to make 1 line the best that it makes us all fall behind ? Is it not the # 1 priority to make coon dog's first ? Hell in another year the x-bred dog's will have higher #s then these and a lot of ya'll been at it a long time ! So what is it gonna take ? And no I'm not talking about jumping on the winning band wagon ! I'm talking about reaching out to others getting the best bred to the best ? A lot of these guy's breed for a pup hell some of em will breed your bitch for free just to get the pup count up . What's it gonna take to get the right bred pups into the right hands ? I mean obviously we gotta quit selling to these #$%&^<@ pet homes cause they are killing us . And I get it a pleasure hunter don't care about papers or bear dog hunters . But we gotta figure something out . Ya'll say the dog's have gotten better . The list doesn't back up that theory at least not too me . So what can we do ? Surely we can't go off the list 100 % I mean at least some of them got put into the right hands but I don't know what to say about the rest .

Old Post 06-05-2020 01:04 AM
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Richard

I did same requirements as normal list but asked for top 50 . Unfortunately we don't have enough female's that reproduced anything . And these are all current at that .

Old Post 06-05-2020 01:07 AM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

There are females that would ride the top of that historical list that still have “pups” winning today. And the parameter of a minimum of 20+ pups has always been a factor to benefit the lazy statistical maker or walkers, since that pool is completely saturated with brood females. As you said, many may churn out one more litter so they can simply make the list with a 20 pup minimum.

Old Post 06-05-2020 02:38 AM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Wow that's an eye opener.

Last edited by Donnie Stevens on 06-05-2020 at 05:27 AM

Old Post 06-05-2020 05:23 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Unhappy Wow

I wonder what the list for top producing males would look like? Surely it would be better than this. It would be interesting to see if at all possible.

Old Post 06-05-2020 07:15 AM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

Maybe?

Maybe you just need to make a list of winners this year or past 12 or 18 months, regardless of the #. It would eliminate all the people that make a litter just to produce pups.. I have not had a planned liter going on 4 years till now. I don't go by a "list", but it sure helps when you breed to the breed money leader. He aint winning dollars by being a slouch. Good luck with your search. Lucas out...

Last edited by Crazy Luke on 06-05-2020 at 10:59 AM

Old Post 06-05-2020 10:56 AM
Crazy Luke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Luke Click here to Send Crazy Luke a Private Message Click Here to Email Crazy Luke Find more posts by Crazy Luke Add Crazy Luke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Lightbulb Mr. Lucas

I am doing all the research I can . But it gets expensive . Change a couple parameters and the cost jumps way up . It's hard to spend 150 200 $ for specific list with my parameters I want with chances of another bad looking list . I mean I can make a good looking list that would make us all look good . But it'll cost cash and i just can't throw it around right now . The perfect list would be around 200 $ .

If ya'll really want a great list I can set the parameters and get it done . But I'll need some help . I'll need serious men that want to change the breed that want to win the world hunt . Men that want to contribute Men that ain't got time to bicker and argue . Men that will call a dog for what it is and be honest . I'll need a few Men to contribute 10 20 $ I'll put up a hundo of my own to create the list . But I'll need 200 $ to get it done . It'll take a few weeks . But I'll get it .

Old Post 06-05-2020 01:22 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why do you want a "list"? Exactly what are you "researching"? Just exactly what is your goal? It might help if we knew just exactly what you are looking for.

Old Post 06-05-2020 02:07 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

The redbone pool of producers is so small, you could almost build your own from what's already listed in the magazines and online, especially if you wanted to be "current". (I still think UKC's definition of current is kinda dumb, and they'll say they had to cut it off somewhere, but again, with a tiny pool it doesn't need to be cut off.) I would even throw in the performance point lists, which is the absolute most current when it comes to winners. Now, I realize that also means the litter/pup had to be performance paid, but most are nowadays.

Old Post 06-05-2020 02:18 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bridger80
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mr. Lucas

quote:
Originally posted by George pouliott
I am doing all the research I can . But it gets expensive . Change a couple parameters and the cost jumps way up . It's hard to spend 150 200 $ for specific list with my parameters I want with chances of another bad looking list . I mean I can make a good looking list that would make us all look good . But it'll cost cash and i just can't throw it around right now . The perfect list would be around 200 $ .

If ya'll really want a great list I can set the parameters and get it done . But I'll need some help . I'll need serious men that want to change the breed that want to win the world hunt . Men that want to contribute Men that ain't got time to bicker and argue . Men that will call a dog for what it is and be honest . I'll need a few Men to contribute 10 20 $ I'll put up a hundo of my own to create the list . But I'll need 200 $ to get it done . It'll take a few weeks . But I'll get it .

what exactly will this perfect list tell us?

Last edited by bridger80 on 06-05-2020 at 02:50 PM

Old Post 06-05-2020 02:43 PM
bridger80 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bridger80 Click here to Send bridger80 a Private Message Find more posts by bridger80 Add bridger80 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
The redbone pool of producers is so small, you could almost build your own from what's already listed in the magazine.....

Oh my goodness, what a novel idea. Add the American and National Redbooks and the lists on the PKC website and you have quite a lot of information. Together they have lists of title earners, money winners, P/P earners and major hunt winners. Most of those lists show who the Sire and Dam of the winners are. You could actually make your own list. But first you have to decide exactly what you are looking for.

Old Post 06-05-2020 02:50 PM
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Well that definitely makes since to use all current list. I honestly haven't thought of that I've been so swamped with everything I have going on . The perfect list would tell me just exactly what is producing . It would show me what groups of Men are working together to title dog's or getting them in the right hands . It may also tell me what dog's are being titled by the same owner hunters/professional handlers . Yes that makes a difference . It will tell me that a female had a litter of 8 pups but was run over or died early but those pups all got titled or majority of the litter ect . It could be a huge game changer . It would tell me about dog's you don't hear about cause they don't advertise and don't have to cause they are producing winners and reproducers . There's a lot of things it could tell me that most won't . Maybe I'm just wasting my time . I'm no professional and don't claim to be . I'm no big time winner or breeder . I'm not in it for the money . I do it because I love it . And when you love something you try to make the best of it .

Old Post 06-05-2020 04:06 PM
yotetrapper
UKC Forum Member

I find it very interesting that only 14 of the registered redbones in the UKC have produced any night champions. Thanks for posting your list.

Old Post 06-17-2020 05:26 AM
yotetrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yotetrapper Click here to Send yotetrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email yotetrapper Find more posts by yotetrapper Add yotetrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yotetrapper
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 06-17-2020 05:26 AM
yotetrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yotetrapper Click here to Send yotetrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email yotetrapper Find more posts by yotetrapper Add yotetrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote