UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > cabin hunt in mountains of VA
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

cabin hunt in mountains of VA

time again for the annual cabin hunt, the 8th and 9th of March is the last weekend of the kill season here so we will try to make it go out with a bang! Who's up for some mountain coon hunting?

Linkous

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2013 04:10 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Don't post any pictures or no one will show up! Is BB going to bring the oysters and his mom's famous peanut brittle? Is Bond going to bring his famous Apple Pie?

Old Post 02-21-2013 04:34 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbbuckbuster
UKC Forum Member

Oh I will be there. Don't know what I will be bringing up there yet. But I am sure I may be able to bring up some peanut brittle.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Bunch's Maroon Effect Autumn HTX
NITECH CH 'PR' Maroon Effect Beamer

Old Post 02-21-2013 04:43 PM
bbbuckbuster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbbuckbuster Click here to Send bbbuckbuster a Private Message Find more posts by bbbuckbuster Add bbbuckbuster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Cabin Hunt

I will have the apple pie....hehehehe. Richard will you has the red solo cups?

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 02-21-2013 06:26 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

mountain hunting

Sounds like a good time, waiting to happen.!

Old Post 02-21-2013 10:05 PM
ken johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ken johnson Click here to Send ken johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email ken johnson Find more posts by ken johnson Add ken johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up mountain coonhunting....

I could bring shrimp..n.....ribeyes....

Old Post 02-23-2013 12:16 AM
ken johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ken johnson Click here to Send ken johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email ken johnson Find more posts by ken johnson Add ken johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Re: mountain coonhunting....

quote:
Originally posted by ken johnson
I could bring shrimp..n.....ribeyes....

Shrimp and ribeye sounds good found some apples today for baking

Maybe Pastor Mike can bring some of that chicken soup

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-23-2013 03:46 AM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Talking shrimp..n...ribeyes..

That's guarenteed...! Linkous's post said,,,WHO wants to come...!

Old Post 02-23-2013 04:41 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Ken, come on up....

Old Post 02-23-2013 01:48 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

Wink ha ha..!

That's what I was hopeing to hear..I feel privileged to be amongst yall top houndsmen...! Maybe I can learn a little ( lot ) from yall...I hope this will be ok...with the rest of the cartel....I will put in for a couple days vac now... !

Old Post 02-23-2013 02:25 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: ha ha..!

quote:
...I hope this will be ok...with the rest of the cartel

You are a member of the Va Cartel now. Actually, you are the President of the Georgia Chapter.....and "the more the merrier".

Old Post 02-23-2013 02:43 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

ha ha...

Oh ..the pressure..! President of the Ga chapter..what an honor..lol...Hope I can represent to yalls standards...! I will be needing a location (gps)... Time to arrive... Much thanks...can't wait to burn yall ears up with all my questions...thanks Richard...I'm there..!

Old Post 02-23-2013 03:07 PM
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

directions to the cabin

Best way is to come is off of 1-81 on exit 118 in Christiansburg, VA
take 460 west out of Christiansburg towards Va Tech (you will go past the university on your right)
Take a right on route 42 (two lane road through the country) appox. 12 miles or so you will take Happy Hollow Road state route 658 on your left, this will take you over Johns Creek Mountain (you now offically have gotten to Gods country, no cell phone signal, nothing but mountains) once you come to a T take a right on Johns Creek Road approx. a mile take a left on Dicks Creek Road approx. a half mile take a left on Old Waitsville Road, approx. a qualter mile take a left on S. Resevior Road come to red gate the road goes to N. Resevior Road once you go through the gate 9 (please close gate behind you)...cabin is the last one at the end of the road...i will be there around 2 Friday afternoon for anybody that wants to come on up

Old Post 02-25-2013 03:58 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

some photos from past cabin hunts

bet he cant hold this one like this now

yep that's snow from last Janurary Cabin hunt

Old Post 02-25-2013 04:03 PM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-25-2013 05:23 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 02-25-2013 05:28 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

cabin directions...

How far is the cabin from christiansburg..? And about how many people will be there..need to know if I got to bring a cow..I have googled the directions ,and haveing trouble finding waitsville rd...and s.resevoir rd...

Old Post 02-25-2013 10:17 PM
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

Around 45 minutes and you most likely may not find these roads they are small mountain roads. You may try to google or map quest Forks of Johns Creek Church it is about 5 minuts from the cabin it's on Dicks creek road

Old Post 02-25-2013 10:27 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

well...

This MUST be in the country...David you think its possible to meet you in christiansburg...if so..whatever is a good time for you..is good for me...and I'd you you were to guess how many people gonna be there...

Old Post 02-25-2013 10:46 PM
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

yeah we can meet in Christiansburg around 12:30 or so, guessing to anywhere from 12 to 20 just depends on weather more will be there on Saturday than Friday we got a few locals that will come over for the fellowship and hunt but may not stay at the cabin

Old Post 02-26-2013 02:31 PM
ken johnson
UKC Forum Member

thanks..

Meeting in christiansburg at 12:30 will be great...THANKS...now as for things I need to bring,besides food ,steak n shrimp ....how bout fresh eggs..we have chickens ya know...anything else you can think of.... Let me know...

Old Post 02-26-2013 02:49 PM
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

sleeping bag or blanket and a cot if you got one, if not there are a few there we will make do...
Eggs? you mean Rambler didnt relieve you of them yard birds when he was down there...LOL hold off on them for now several of the cartel has chickens i will see if they are bring any this year first

Old Post 02-26-2013 02:57 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dlinkous

See, there is a couple hundred yards of flat ground!!!

Old Post 02-26-2013 02:57 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wbond
That looks just as nice as the Cracker Barrel..

Old Post 02-26-2013 03:00 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: thanks..

quote:
...THANKS...now as for things I need to bring,besides food ...anything else you can think of.... Let me know...

Oh my goodness, you had better bring a coon dog. This is a hunt, not a picnic. Just look at that group. They will eat anything. Forget the eggs, just bring the chickens. And you won't find any of those roads on any map. But if you print out those directions, they will get you there. They are much better than the ones from the first hunt. Linkous, isn't anyone going to be there Thursday night? Are you and Bond going to have to work Friday? Ken, are you coming up thru Tennessee on I-75 or up thru North Carolina?

Old Post 02-26-2013 03:10 PM