UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > No Bark Collar issue
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MorAnd
UKC Forum Member

No Bark Collar issue

Has anyone had problems with a dog receiving stimulation when they're not barking? Has been happening 2 or 3 times a day … dog squalls out like one normally does after receiving stimulation, but I never hear a bark before the dog squalls out. I've used this same collar before on a couple different dogs and don't recall hearing dog squall out unless they barked first.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-17-2020 06:25 PM
MorAnd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MorAnd Click here to Send MorAnd a Private Message Find more posts by MorAnd Add MorAnd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe W. Smith
UKC Forum Member

Sometimes on my dogs it will do the same thing but after paying close attention my dog would be lightly whining or making a very hard to hear sound.

Old Post 09-17-2020 07:14 PM
Joe W. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe W. Smith Click here to Send Joe W. Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Joe W. Smith Add Joe W. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Re: No Bark Collar issue

quote:
Originally posted by MorAnd
Has anyone had problems with a dog receiving stimulation when they're not barking? Has been happening 2 or 3 times a day … dog squalls out like one normally does after receiving stimulation, but I never hear a bark before the dog squalls out. I've used this same collar before on a couple different dogs and don't recall hearing dog squall out unless they barked first.

I tried em' all and had similar issues with all of them. They seem to work really good for a week or so, then gradually start false shocking, not shocking when they should, draining batteries quick, etc....

I ended up buying a cheap hand held shock unit off Amazon for $30. Only beeps, or shocks, when I push a button. i find I can hang out at the house for a couple days and be much more consistent with it, and have them broke. If they can't figure it out after a couple days... probably not a dog I really want to keep.

Old Post 09-17-2020 11:19 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

yes!!! Had more then a few of a certain brand. False shocked many times. And like above post did not shock when they did bark a lot of times.
I liked the old Tri Tronics ones they worked really good. They were not broke and I guess garmin decided to make thembetter well the new model fix was bad. Won't buy any more of them
I got a cheap one off e-bay same one walmart sells just cheaper called guardian and it works better.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 09-17-2020 at 11:55 PM

Old Post 09-17-2020 11:50 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

me too

I quit using my garmin bark collars because of false stimulations

Old Post 09-18-2020 07:46 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

I’ve found that the auto works better on most dogs. If on high they get shocked for whining, panting, eating. If on auto they probably get warned of shocked on low.

I have several that don’t shock when dogs are barking.

By the way, I have about 15 that I can find. Not sure how many are missing.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 09-18-2020 07:04 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MorAnd
UKC Forum Member

No Bark Collar Issue

Black Ash, are you saying when the setting is on high, it is more sensitive to a bark/whine than it is when on low? Obviously the stimulation is greater the higher the setting, but I'm not under the impression that on a higher setting, the collar is more sensitive in detecting a bark/whine.

Old Post 09-18-2020 08:46 PM
MorAnd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MorAnd Click here to Send MorAnd a Private Message Find more posts by MorAnd Add MorAnd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MorAnd
UKC Forum Member

No Bark Collar issue

I'm sorry, my last post was to Kenneth Tavares (not Black Ash) regarding his response.

Old Post 09-18-2020 08:47 PM
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Re: No Bark Collar issue

quote:
Originally posted by MorAnd
I'm sorry, my last post was to Kenneth Tavares (not Black Ash) regarding his response.

No, the sensitivity is the same. I’m saying it starts on low and the dog won’t scream when shocked on low... they calm down. If on high the get shocked on high for whining, panting... etc. Auto will make the stops whining, panting, by shocking them on low and the won’t scream.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 09-19-2020 03:10 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

The new ones have what they call rising stimulation..So on auto they barely shock on first bark. So sure most hounds won't feel a thing. but they have to bark several times for the stimulation to get hot enough for them to get shocked. To me it is a worthless setting. When they bark I don't want them barking several times .
So Ken may not even know it but they may be getting a tickle that they don't even feel on the auto setting.

All my hounds on a regular shock system don't feel anything till level 4 so I can guess that is why they don't have reactions to false shocks on auto setting.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 09-19-2020 03:17 AM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by benderb4
The new ones have what they call rising stimulation..So on auto they barely shock on first bark. So sure most hounds won't feel a thing. but they have to bark several times for the stimulation to get hot enough for them to get shocked. To me it is a worthless setting. When they bark I don't want them barking several times .
So Ken may not even know it but they may be getting a tickle that they don't even feel on the auto setting.

All my hounds on a regular shock system don't feel anything till level 4 so I can guess that is why they don't have reactions to false shocks on auto setting.

I know they are getting a tickle. That is my point, a tickle for whining/panting is better than a high shock.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 09-19-2020 03:38 AM
MorAnd
UKC Forum Member

Got it...make sense! Thanks

Old Post 09-19-2020 07:04 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Seems the older Garmin bark limiters are bad about shocking the dog sometimes when it isn’t barking...

Old Post 09-19-2020 09:09 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

From what ive seen the garmin bark collars are pretty bad for false stimulation.. The dogtra is best as far as stimulation goes IMO but battery life doesnt hold up. The sportdog rechargeable is the best way to go I believe but they all have some flaws..

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook
Treacle Creek Kennels And Hunting Supply
https://treaclecreekhuntingsupply.com

Old Post 09-20-2020 03:11 PM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote