UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Kennel Name
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
female_hunter12
UKC Forum Member

Kennel Name

So I need help thinking of a kennel name. preferably something southern or dealing with the south. we have Redbones, Walkers and black and tans. I've thought about Southern Comfort Kennels but I need more ideas!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-2020 04:29 PM
female_hunter12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for female_hunter12 Click here to Send female_hunter12 a Private Message Find more posts by female_hunter12 Add female_hunter12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BooneCreek
UKC Forum Member

Kennel name

Southern colors kennel

Old Post 03-23-2020 05:21 PM
BooneCreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneCreek Click here to Send BooneCreek a Private Message Find more posts by BooneCreek Add BooneCreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
female_hunter12
UKC Forum Member

I like that!

Old Post 03-23-2020 05:22 PM
female_hunter12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for female_hunter12 Click here to Send female_hunter12 a Private Message Find more posts by female_hunter12 Add female_hunter12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Re: Kennel Name

quote:
Originally posted by female_hunter12
So I need help thinking of a kennel name. preferably something southern or dealing with the south. we have Redbones, Walkers and black and tans. I've thought about Southern Comfort Kennels but I need more ideas!

Use a classic southern band for the theme. Skynrd Cry Kennels, for example. Then you can use lynrd skynrd songs and band members names as dog names. Skynrd Cry Free Bird, Skyrnd Cry Curtis, Skyrnd Cry Ronnie V, or Skyrnd Cry Tuesday, etc......

Old Post 03-23-2020 05:28 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

Southern jumble kennel!!

?

Old Post 03-23-2020 10:34 PM
ronald schultz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronald schultz Click here to Send ronald schultz a Private Message Find more posts by ronald schultz Add ronald schultz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Kennel

S.F.K.SOUTHERN FRIED KENNELS CLASSIC! Lol

Old Post 03-23-2020 10:48 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
female_hunter12
UKC Forum Member

love it! it is a classic since us southerns love frying foods and sweet tea

Old Post 03-23-2020 10:52 PM
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Re: Kennel

quote:
Originally posted by Cotton 1927
S.F.K.SOUTHERN FRIED KENNELS CLASSIC! Lol
Lol best of luck to you and your kennel!......

Old Post 03-24-2020 12:55 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
female_hunter12
UKC Forum Member

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Old Post 03-24-2020 12:58 AM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Like the Skynyrd theme.

You could go with "Swamp Music" as a kennel name. That was even a coonhunting song.

And, it would be so easy to pair up dog names with that. Could borrow a lot of names from southern rock quite easily. Aside from all the Skynyrd names, you could go Charlie Daniels with Swamp Music Golden Fiddle (really like that for a red dog), etc. Might have to go country for female names like Delta Dawn and Marie Laveau, etc.

Could easily branch out from that. Swamp Music Rollin Tide vs. Swamp Music Tiger would be a classic match-up.

Coming up with matching names sounds so easy. You'd have it "Made In The Shade".

Old Post 03-24-2020 01:02 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
female_hunter12
UKC Forum Member

I like those too. I’m getting a red female and I like Southern Comfort but that’s kinda basic

Old Post 03-24-2020 01:07 AM
PlottDawg
UKC Forum Member

Rebel Bred !!!!!

Old Post 03-24-2020 01:20 AM
PlottDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlottDawg Click here to Send PlottDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email PlottDawg Find more posts by PlottDawg Add PlottDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: Like the Skynyrd theme.

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
You could go with "Swamp Music" as a kennel name. That was even a coonhunting song.

And, it would be so easy to pair up dog names with that. Could borrow a lot of names from southern rock quite easily. Aside from all the Skynyrd names, you could go Charlie Daniels with Swamp Music Golden Fiddle (really like that for a red dog), etc. Might have to go country for female names like Delta Dawn and Marie Laveau, etc.

Could easily branch out from that. Swamp Music Rollin Tide vs. Swamp Music Tiger would be a classic match-up.

Coming up with matching names sounds so easy. You'd have it "Made In The Shade".

There is a Bluetick Kennel in Ga that uses Swamp Music and I use Swampmusic

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 03-24-2020 01:42 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
female_hunter12
UKC Forum Member

I think I’m going with southern comfort. What you think about Southern Comforts whiskey Lullaby for my females name ?

Old Post 03-24-2020 01:44 AM
BooneCreek
UKC Forum Member

Kennel name

Southern music kennel
Southern sound kennel

Old Post 03-24-2020 01:46 AM
BooneCreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BooneCreek Click here to Send BooneCreek a Private Message Find more posts by BooneCreek Add BooneCreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrydillon17
UKC Forum Member

Down N Dirty Southren kennels

Old Post 03-24-2020 07:01 AM
jerrydillon17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrydillon17 Click here to Send jerrydillon17 a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrydillon17 Find more posts by jerrydillon17 Add jerrydillon17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Have fun finding a name. Here is one suggestion. After you think you found one. Goodle it. Google it with coon hound attached to what your searching for. You will see how many others like the same name you do. Google it several different ways.

Old Post 03-24-2020 09:36 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
female_hunter12
UKC Forum Member

Yeah whiskey lullaby was like starting place . I’m going to add couple things to it

Old Post 03-24-2020 12:28 PM