UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Challenge/ Hunt numbers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Challenge/ Hunt numbers

I have a challenge regarding hunt numbers, I challenge each to go to a hunt even without a dog to hunt, go and visit, donate an entry fee to the high scoring dog or random cast winner, support the Club buy food, have a good time. If we all do these things we can get our numbers up and running. Remember that United we stand divided we fall. You do not have to hunt to be a part of the Clubs success. Meeting old friends and making new friends are reward enough, seeing our clubs and hunts succeed is icing on the cake. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2020 08:00 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunt numbers

Just think how much help WE ALL could be by going to a few hunts just to help the Club, without any concern about winning a cast or getting anything in return. Fellowship, meeting new friends and visiting with old friends , sounds great to me. Dave

Old Post 03-03-2020 09:24 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Btt

Old Post 03-06-2020 09:45 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I am going to do somthing different I am going to some bigger hunts this year and I ain’t taking a dog were I can visit , shop , and eat. Never have done it that way.

And aggravate the brass lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-06-2020 10:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I think that's a great idea, no dog equals plenty of time to VISIT, spectator a cast and just have fun. I hope Every one will attend some hunts just for fun, maybe donate a entry fee or something nice to the Club, but just attend and have fun. Dave

Old Post 03-06-2020 11:44 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Tar you must really like your dog

Old Post 03-07-2020 01:30 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Tar you must really like your dog

She’s lived here 8 yrs and sleeps in the same doghouse she was born in. Buuuuut nobody else would put up with either one of us.

Tar

Old Post 03-07-2020 02:11 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Koch
UKC Forum Member

Clubs

I have a dog that will win big hunts. I don't want to put her in little hunts. I 'm at the club and doing the 50/50 and eating x2 . If I win I put it back and keep what I payed. The club members had a work party to cut trees from the club house. I was there and the club offices were there.(some of them) I seen a 82 year man there and his friend in the 70s. Picking logs up and hauling brush. I thanked them for coming and helping. I'm listing and hereing story's of the guy's that can't hunt and walk. It opeaned me to what the club is all about . There are informing me what and how to push a very young hound. I'm taking all options on young and old. This is what a club all about. If the old club members wasn't there we wouldn't have anything's. (Thank you)

2018 Wisconsin state championship
In memory 'PR' Nocturnal Rocking Anniy
Nitech 'pr` Koch`s pop`em up Daisy
2019 heartland classic winner (4-wheeler hunt)
Qualifier for 2021 tournament of champions

Old Post 03-07-2020 03:44 AM
Nick Koch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Koch Click here to Send Nick Koch a Private Message Click Here to Email Nick Koch Find more posts by Nick Koch Add Nick Koch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Nick

That's exactly what I would like to see happen all around the country. Older hunters who can not participate in the hunts can still be a big help to our Clubs. Even hunters that don't have a dog they are pushing in the hunts can still be a big help to the Clubs. My challenge to everyone is to go to several hunts, visit make friends, donate to the Club, offer to help, make our clubs more than just a place you go to when you want to hunt your dog. There is more to life than Face Book. Dave

Old Post 03-07-2020 05:48 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I think your plan would be enjoyable and it really is what I see happening at the few larger events I attend. Kind of like the Family getting back together for a day or weekend even if everyone doesn't like one another. You take out the peace pipe, have fun, heal old wounds, plan for the future. It is all good and focuses on the Love of Coonhunting everyone there has in their Heart. Even if we all coon hunt a half dozen different ways.

I am kind of trapped in one spot with supplies but I do manage to make the rounds and say hello to everyone at least once. What I love is seeing the Families or Kids that have just left the Dog Barn with a new pup. They are leading them, or the pup is dragging them, carrying them in their arms. Over their shoulders or on there backs.

I saw one young Man that couldn't been more than 5 years old at the Grand American this year. He was like a miniature grown Man. Had his boots, jeans and western shirt and hat. It all fit perfect and looks like they were just pressed. Had a pup on the leash. He would be standing there with his parents and if that pup pulled he would give him a slight jerk. Just like I have seen grown men do a thousand times. I guarantee by the end of the weekend that pup was completely trained to lead. With nothing more than a kid with love in his heart on the other end of the leash.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 03-07-2020 at 01:00 PM

Old Post 03-07-2020 12:57 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Many years ago I was a very young man at autum oaks really I was what older men call a kid. A very famous coonhunter bought me an ice cream cone I would like the opportunity to buy him one now as I have looked up to him my whole life. He owned many world champion dogs.

Tar

Old Post 03-07-2020 01:08 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Even with my memory half gone, I can still remember my first Autumn Oaks and it was almost 30 years ago. I was a grown man but I was still a fresh coon hunting kid and in complete awe.

Old Post 03-07-2020 01:51 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Do any clubs do calcutta's or organize gambling? I'm sure most States make it illegal; but if they could, that would for sure be a fun way for spectators to participate.

I wonder if someone could host wagers online for local hunts? Maybe make an app that you could use like they do for Fantasy Sports.... Create an online fantasy hound handler for big events... maybe small ones to. A participant can pick a team of dogs and you get so many points based on how they perform in the field.

Last edited by houndsound on 03-07-2020 at 07:32 PM

Old Post 03-07-2020 07:28 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Guys, going to the larger hunts is great, but it's all of our smaller clubs that really need our help. If each of us go to a few of the smaller hunts with the intent of helping these clubs, THAT would be a big boost to our hunts in general. Attend these hunts, offer to judge a cast, make a donation to the Club, visit and make friends, HELP make these hunts MORE than just a place to HUNT your dog/s. Dave

Old Post 03-07-2020 09:28 PM