UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Skuna River
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dixiehoghunter
UKC Forum Member

Skuna River

Anybody used any Skuna River dogs on bear or hogs? Our style of hunting is similar to bear hunting. We hunt old tracks. Free cast on sign etc. Only difference between the bear hunts I've been on is not being able to rig down here. I've had a couple dogs that could rig but down here they can't rig a track. A couple have been able to rig a hog especially a boar hog 100 yds or so bedded.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2020 07:12 AM
dixiehoghunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiehoghunter Click here to Send dixiehoghunter a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiehoghunter Find more posts by dixiehoghunter Add dixiehoghunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stokes
UKC Forum Member

Skuna River

I hunted a skuna river female for several years was a nice hound, could rig with the best of them, and jumped her fair share too. Was a no quit bear dog, but bear got her bad at about 5 years old and she wasn’t able to hunt anymore . I crossed her several times to a cold nosed English dog and had some real deal bear dog pups. They weren’t to shabby on a hog either! Feel free to pm me for bloodline info or any other questions

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2020 02:47 AM
Stokes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stokes Click here to Send Stokes a Private Message Find more posts by Stokes Add Stokes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote