UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 71 72 [73] 74 75 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

"PR" Misty River Blue Sadie

---------------Smokey River Blue Spud
----------Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch.Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
---------------Nite Ch.Smokey River Be's Blue Jean

-----Gr.Ch.Gr.Nite Ch.Mackie Creek Black Jack

---------------Gr.Nite Ch.Gr.Ch.Mackie Creek Bo Jack
----------Gr.Nite Ch.Gr.Ch.Misty River Blue Skeeter
---------------Gr.Nite Ch.M&P's Little Blue Penny

"PR" Misty River Blue Sadie

---------------Gr.Nite Ch.Bingo's Northern Blue Dancer
----------Gr.Nite Ch.Nashoba Valley Piazon
---------------Shepherds Northern Blue Brook

-----Nite Ch.Gr.Ch.Roennes Blue Super Bee

---------------Northern Blue Samson
----------Nite Ch. Midnight Delight
---------------Northern blue Billie Dean

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-31-2021 08:58 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out for a run tonight After Hurricane Ida came through night before last. I was looking for some trees to be down, but much to my amazement I didn't see the first one down. There was quite a few limbs, but no whole trees. Thank you Lord. I don't think I could have went through another Katrina with all those trees down and kept hunting. I don't think I would have had it in me. Katrina made a lot of good coonhunters in this part of the country. Sell their dogs and hang up their hunting boots. Lets get back to Sadie. I don't even like to talk about Hurricanes. Sadie is getting better each time out. She made 4 trees tonight and I looked at 2 coons in separate trees. There may have been coons in the other two. Let me tell you how bad my eyes are. Sadie made the tree that is pictured and I was looking for the coon. I finally seen what I thought was the coon and the more I looked at it. I knew it was a coon on the end of a limb about 30 feet up. I said to Sadie. I believe that's about the Smallest coon I've ever treed. I shot it out to her. We won't discuss how many times I shot, but I remember reloading twice, and when the coon hit the ground It was a hugh coon. I petted Sadie up good and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-01-2021 at 05:55 AM

Old Post 09-01-2021 05:23 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out for another run tonight. She struck one pretty quick and made quick work of it in a den tree. She found out that hogs aint no fun to catch up with, they put her out of the woods and back to me and she didn't want no more of them. Then we found 2 deer bedded up and Sadie saw them when they jumped up and ran out there to them and smelled around a little where they were bedded down and came on back. We tried a couple more spots and couldn't get a strike so we caller it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-07-2021 at 05:37 AM

Old Post 09-07-2021 05:20 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out for another run tonight. She seems to be getting better each night out. She made 3 trees tonight and I saw coons in 2 of them. The third tree was a big tree with limbs and vines going out into other trees. She treed harder on it than she did the other two and I had to drag her off of it.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-09-2021 at 07:24 AM

Old Post 09-09-2021 07:11 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

picture host

Had a good hunt with Sadie tonight. She made 3 trees and I looked at 3 coons I keep waiting for her to start opening more on track. She opened some on the first track, but the second and third track she didn't open any, but I'm sure she will. She is making a nice little tree dog and developing a good hard deep chop. She is doing pretty good for an 8 mo. old.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-14-2021 at 05:46 AM

Old Post 09-14-2021 05:32 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Mr Jack

Looks like Sadie is turning into a nice one for you!

Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 09-19-2021 03:33 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Had Sadie out again last night and she really did a good job. She had struck a couple of cold tracks and worked them around and across the slough, but could not do anything with them, but she sure tried. She finally struck one in that slough that she could handle. She came out of that slough with it and crossed that ole woods road that I was on and moved it northwest toward an old cutover. It use to be bad in there, but the timber in there has grown some and that is where the coons in here will go to climb, but this coon had other things on his mind. He turned north and headed back to the slough, he made a couple of circles in it and headed north again. I was trying to stay as close to her as I could, because this was the runningest coon she had been on in her short cooning span and I wanted to be as close as possible to her when she treed. There is one old 4-wheeler trail up the side of the slough, but the only place to cross it with the 4-wheeler is on the lower end of the slough and she was toward the upper end. and when the coon headed north again. I knew that I would have to go to the lower end and cross. so I was headed away from her and she was getting deeper. I was tracking her mostly by the Garmin as she was not barking much on track. When I got to the other side of the slough I could not hear anything and she was 600 yards from me. so I started up the other side of the slough. and I knew as deep as she was she was on another big slough that is bigger and deeper than the first one. When I got about half way up the slough I stopped and killed the 4-wheeler and I could hear her treed. and I got my rifle and headed to her. I don't think I had to worry about her leaving the tree, because she was treeing hard and I don't think she was going anywhere.When I arrived at the tree. She was treed close to the edge of the second slough. She was treed on a small tree going up into a larger tree and the coon was looking at me from up toward the top of the big tree. Needless to say I had to give her this one. When she was through with it. I petted her up good and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a nite as it was getting close to daylight.

Scott. She is making a good one. I hate it about Black Jack's untimely death and we didn't get more pups out of him.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-19-2021 at 07:40 PM

Old Post 09-19-2021 06:24 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out again tonight, forgot my camera tonight so I didn't get a picture. Sadie did a good job. She struck one off a feeder and made quick work of it. Treed it in a hugh Turkey pine. I shinned it but I couldn't get him to look, so I leashed Sadie up and we came back to the 4-wheeler and from there I could just see the top of the Turkey pine and there sat the coon looking at me. We loaded up and went on down close to the river and turned her up the same slough that she crossed after a coon the other night.
she struck another one on it tonight and headed across. The slough is about 100 yards wide and about knee deep in mud and water. When she reached the other side she gave a couple of locates and I thought she had him, but she moved on toward the second slough which is a little wider than the first slough and a little more mud and water. It also has a small island about 3/4 of the way across. I was hoping that this coon would do like the one did the other night and tree before it got to the second slough, but no such luck, the old coon headed across the second slough with a little blue hound not far behind. About the time I got to the second slough, I heard Sadie tree and I knew that she was on the island. The Island only covers about 3 acres and its not to bad once you get there, but getting there is pretty rough. Katrina did a job on that Island when it came through. There is only about 5 or 6 big trees on it now with a few smaller ones. with a bunch of vines that connect all the trees, and you cant see up in any of the trees unless you back out into the slough. Sadie was treed up one of the smaller trees with vines in it that seem to go all up into the bigger trees. I backed out into the slough and hit the squaller, and there he sat about 3/4 of the way up on a big limb in about the second tree over. He looked at me for a minute and then disappeared and I didn't see him anymore. I think that tree was a din tree. I leashed Sadie up and we started our trip back across the slough. Sadie really didn't like the idea of leaving there without that coon. I told her we would be back to the island again one night as I usually make at least 2 or 3 trips a year to the island, but for some reason the trips seem to get a little harder and longer each year.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-24-2021 at 08:27 AM

Old Post 09-24-2021 07:10 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Ruby

I got Ruby back for a couple nights of hunting while Tad is working the night shift. We had a good hunt tonight. First drop she hit a pretty good track at about 100 yrds and moved it about 200 yards and locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up4 trees growing togeather with a bunch of vines in them. I think he was there, but I never could get him to look. We loaded up and moved on down to the river and cast her up a slough. She went about 400 yards and struck a cold track and worked it for about 45 min. and treed up a big hard wood tree. I shined it but it had so many limbs and leaves that I never could find him. We called it a nite.

Old Post 09-25-2021 06:05 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Tad Walters and Misty River blue Ramblin Ruby on Winning their cast and getting into the final four in the Slam Event last night at the BBCHA Fall Round UP in Calhoun, Illinois

Old Post 09-30-2021 06:10 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

screenshot tool

Took Sadie out for another run tonight. I haven't had her out for a couple of nights due to the rain. We just went for a short hunt. She struck and treed one pretty quick and she did open on track pretty good on this one and it looked at me good. We called it a night

Last edited by Misty river on 10-01-2021 at 05:27 AM

Old Post 10-01-2021 05:00 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Coongratulations

Jeremy and Nite Ch. Misty River Shadow's Blue Pearl on their cast win tonight with 200+ points at the BBCHA Fall Round-up in Calhoun, Illinois.

Old Post 10-02-2021 06:16 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Coongratulations

quote:
Originally posted by Misty river
Jeremy and Nite Ch. Misty River Shadow's Blue Pearl on their cast win tonight with 200+ points at the BBCHA Fall Round-up in Calhoun, Illinois.

That pair has done some winning!
Congratulations!!

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 10-02-2021 10:01 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Edinger
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations Jeremy

Old Post 10-04-2021 01:31 AM
Richard Edinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Edinger Click here to Send Richard Edinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Edinger Find more posts by Richard Edinger Add Richard Edinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

img hosting

I went out to Sadie's pen this morning. I looked in there good and she wasn't there. I know she had tried to climb out a couple of times before, but she never made it. This time she did. It was about 10:30 this morning when I discovered her gone. I called one of my neighbors to see if anyone had seen her. They had not seen her, so I climbed on my 4-wheeler and started looking and calling. I have one neighbor that lives back off the road aways and I thought she might have went there. I went over to his house and when I pulled up in his yard and called her, she came out from under an old trailer house that he has parked on the side of his yard. I sure was glad to see her. I don't know what time she got out last night or what she had been doing, but she looked like she had a rought night. I loaded her up and brought her home and worked on her pen a while so hopefully she cant get back out. It rained the first part of the night tonight, but about 10 oclock It stopped raining and I looked out and I could see some stars shinning, so I loaded Sadie up and we headed to the river. I turned her down a spring fed branch and she struck a hot track pretty quick and put him up quick down beside the branch. I took a couple of pictures and started looking for the coon. I didn't see him at first, but when I shook a vine he looked at me. We left him to run again and moved on down the swamp. We made a couple of drops and could not get a strike, so we decided to call it a night. We started out and as I was going up the old woods road Sadie started barking. I had her do this a few times and I would not turn her loose because although I have had very little trash problems with her. I didn't want to turn her loose on something that might not be a coon, but we were going to find out what this was that she was cutting up so to get after. I unsnapped her and off the 4-wheeler and away she went. She went into the woods about 50 yrds and locked down treed. I walked in o her and she was treed up a hugh oak. I backed off to where I could see the tree good and hit the squaller. an old mama coon and at least two little ones looked at me. There could have been more, but Im sure I saw that many. I went back and petted Sadie up good and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-05-2021 at 08:20 AM

Old Post 10-05-2021 07:27 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie out to some different woods tonight that she had never been in. We got in close to where someone had just disced a hugh deer plot. It had some pretty woods around it. It also had some cut overs close by. Sadie got down on the lower end and struck. She moved it out to the southwest and opened a few times on track. She went in about 100 yards and locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a hugh oak tree. I took a few pictures and then backed out to where I could see some of the tree, Now that was a big tree. It didn't take long till I found him sitting out in the fork of a big limb. I don't think he had been treed before as he just sat up there looking. You could see he was a big coon. Much to Sadie's dislike we left him to run again. She struck 2 off the 4-wheeler on the way out, but we didn't turn loose on them. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-07-2021 at 05:14 AM

Old Post 10-07-2021 04:48 AM
tylergduncan
UKC Forum Member

Podcast episode with Mr. Jack smith

If you would like to learn more about Misty River kennels and Mr. Jack smith. Please listen to the latest episode of Coon hunting university podcast.

Available on all major podcast platforms.

Spotify link https://open.spotify.com/show/4Uvpl...amp;dl_branch=1

Apple podcast link
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...i=1000538441099

Podbean link
https://coonhuntinguniversity.podbe...bluetick-breed/

Old Post 10-13-2021 02:44 PM
tylergduncan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tylergduncan Click here to Send tylergduncan a Private Message Click Here to Email tylergduncan Find more posts by tylergduncan Add tylergduncan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

bbcode image upload

Nice and cool tonight as me and Sadie made our rounds. Coons sure were not moving tonight. Not even on the feeders. We hit a couple of feeders to start with as I was hoping to get her on a good track, but it didn't happen. I put her up a slough and she finally struck a cold track and moved it in a couple hundred yards. She bumped up on a couple of trees and moved on. another 50 yards and locked down on a hugh oak. I don't know wheather he was there or not. I couldn't find him, but she treed like he was there. She sure treed and acted like he was there as I had to almost drag her off the tree, I took her back and loaded her up on the 4-wheeler and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-17-2021 at 03:53 AM

Old Post 10-17-2021 03:39 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

petrol pump closed on sunday

Took Sadie out for a run last night. The coons just are not cooperating with us lately. Sadie don't seem to have any trouble treeing them once she finds the track. I think its just that they are not stiring much. The deer hunters are putting out corn now and the coons don't have to travel very far now to get a meal. Sadie finally got on an old cold tack last night and worked it in an out of the slough several times and finally moved it out of there and treed on the other side. I crossed the slough and went to her, she was treed up a medium sized hardwood that went up into a hugh viney pine. I never did get him to look. We crossed the slough back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-21-2021 at 03:36 AM

Old Post 10-21-2021 03:20 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Took Sadie down river aways tonight, Cast her up a running branch. She went in aways and struck a working track and moved it out aways and got it moving. Moved it on in a couple hundred yards and locked up treed. I got my rifle and started to her. There was a lot of Cyprus in there and Cyprus Knees were everywhere. You have to be careful in there and not trip and fall on those things. There are a lot of high Bluffs in there, and as I got closer to Sadie I could tell she was up on top of those bluffs. I was walking down In the lower part where the river runs when it is up and flowing out of its banks and that is what makes those bluffs. When I got to her she was about 25 ft. almost strait up. You could not go up the bluff just anywhere, You had to find a slanted spot. I found out tonight that my right knee is weak and beginning to give me trouble. Sadie had been treeing hard all the time that I was walking in and she was still letting Mr. coon know she was there. She was treed on a Big vine just below the top of the bluff. The vine was going up into a hugh Turkey pine on top of the bluff. The only place I could shine the tree was a small taper about half way up the bluff and I found the coon right in the top of the big pine, strait up from where I was trying to balance myself on the side of that bluff. I tried a couple of shots at the coon, but I knew that was not going to work. We would have to leave him to run again. I had to make my way back to the top and over to where Sadie was treed on the vine to get her. and then back down the bluff. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-24-2021 at 05:52 AM

Old Post 10-24-2021 05:10 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sadie

Had Sadie out again tonight. It's beginning to get pretty dry in the river swamps, but according to the weatherman we are suppose to have a lot of rain coming tomorrow. The first coon Sadie treed tonight was a pretty good track. She was in a thick cutover and she treed in the worst part of it. I made my way into her and she was treed in a viney mess. The coon could have traveleda long way through the vines and trees if he had wanted to, or he could have been close by and not looking, Which ever I never saw him. I leashed Sadie up and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and moved on up the swamp where it wasn't quite so thick, She struck a cold track and worked it in the mud and water in that slough. She finally made him tree and I got my rifle and walked in to her. I found the coon pretty quick and we left him to run again. We moved on up the swamp and Sadie struck another cold track. She trailed this one away from the slough on to drier ground and she really had a rough time with it, but she stayed with it until she finally gave up on it. I loaded her up and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-27-2021 at 06:18 AM

Old Post 10-27-2021 05:52 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

coonhunt

Had several good coonhunters visiting tonight. Tad Walters and his two boys Tate and Rhett. and Jeremy Purvis and his son Ryan. Our dogs were Sadie, Ruby and Pearl and those three females had the river swamp ringing tonight. I think we looked at three different coons up three different trees, We really had a good time and those young boys at the end of the hunt were still ready to go hunting. Welcome back anytime guys, I surely enjoyed it.

Last edited by Misty river on 10-31-2021 at 04:42 AM

Old Post 10-31-2021 04:22 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nite Ch."PR"Roenne's Blue Super Bee

Took Sadie's Mom Bee out for a run tonight. She treed a coon to start with and I looked at him. I found out quick that she is quite a tree dog and once she trees she is there to stay. On the next cast she just fell treed at the edge of a slough in a den tree. If he was there he was on the in side. On the next cast she struck out in the slough and trailed up it about 150 yards and crossed the 4-wheeler trail that I was on into the woods another 175 yards and I just sat there on the 4-whheeler and listened to her work the track.
she has one of the prettiest Smooth Bawls on track that I have heard in a long time and she opens just about right on track. She has a great locate and turns it over into a steady chop. When she treed I made my way to her and she was treed up a hugh oak. There could have easly been a coon there, but I could not make him look. I leashed up bee and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-03-2021 at 05:36 AM

Old Post 11-03-2021 04:57 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Luke and Sheba

Here they are Jay all 11 of them. 7 girls and 4 boys. Born today 11-4-2021.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-05-2021 at 03:31 AM

Old Post 11-04-2021 11:14 PM
Major18
UKC Forum Member

Looking good, Mr. Jack. I'll show Luke the picture after while! lol

King of Hunt BBCHA, Robinson, IL
High Scoring Dog Friday BBCHA FALL ROUNDUP
1st Place Champion BBCHA, Robinson, IL
8th Place 2022 Fall Roundup
King of Hunt BBCHA Utchman Memorial
1st Place Champion BBCHA Fall Classic
1st Place Champion BBOA Zone One
King of Hunt BBCHA Vaughn Memorial
2nd place Champion 2021 BBCHA Fall Roundup
8th place 2022 BBCHA Fall Roundup

Old Post 11-05-2021 08:16 PM
Major18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Major18 Click here to Send Major18 a Private Message Click Here to Email Major18 Find more posts by Major18 Add Major18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote