UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Okay had some fun in a UKC hunt this weekend
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SLICK50
Banned

Okay had some fun in a UKC hunt this weekend

Okay 4 dog Nite Ch cast (2 walkers 1 english and 1 bluetic). We lined them up the first drop and cut them loose. Walker female strikes for 100 which we could barley hear followed by the bluetic for 75. We then walk about 100 or so yards and stood there listening to the walker tree for about 3 minutes then the bluetic covers and he trees it for 125 followed by the walker for 75. We proceed to the tree and the other walker is struck for 50 and treed split for 125. Im still not struck in yet keep in mind. We shine the walker and blue dogs tree and circle it then they lead there 2 dogs over to the other walker dog and about 7 minutes into shinning the tree the judge tells me he can hear my dog barking. (((OF course he knows im getting 100 strike if i strike him before the tree is scored, so he tries to talk me into striking him. I told him there's no way i can hear him with 3 dogs treeing right beside me))) i look over and he is whispering to another cast member saying he can hear my dog. I knew what was going on but what could i do? I then notice him whipping his dog (to try and keep her quiet) I should have scratched him right then but i allowed it. We circled the tree and my dog was not barking that i could hear with them leading dogs right by me. They rushed to re-cast there dogs and the judge with the bluedog struck his dog right in front of us in about 10 seconds. It got quiet and i could hear my dog way through the couintry treed every breath. I struck and treed him and pointed where he was and stated he's a long ways away. The judge said he could not hear him and he was putting the 2 minutes on me, i replied saying you HAVE TO SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE between these dogs and he said no if you treed him i should be able to hear him. I said i can hear him plainley every breath and maybe i have better hearing then you. I then added you DON'T HEAR HIM BECAUSE YOU DON'T want to hear him.. Another cast member said he could hear a dog treeing but couldn't tell where i ponted right where i did in the first place and said if you will walk up a little you will hear him. We argued for almost 10 minutes no lie about what the judge wanted to do. He said point me in the EXACT direction where he is so i did and he lead the way. He walked 10 to 15 yards right handed of where i pointed and stopped and said he has moved!!! I started laughing and said you have got to be kidding me!!! He said im voting to minus him and he called for a vote but both guys were taking forever to vote. His tree had been dead for over 20 minutes and finally i said well im voting to scratch you for refusing to walk to my dog that's been treed for over 20 minutes and then it got a little ugly. i called him many things which wasn't right of me but i couldn't help it, knowing what he was trying to do from the start. We finally walked to my dog and scored the tree.

Now what i want to know is can i file a formal complaint against this man???

I have drawn him 4 times now and you don't want to know what he tried one night. Every time ive drawn him he pulls something. Like 1 example is when scoring a tree the guy will say keep them low and he throws his spotlight immediatley just little tricks and he tries some major ones too. Pm me if anyone wants to know his name.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2009 02:30 PM
SLICK50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLICK50 Click here to Send SLICK50 a Private Message Find more posts by SLICK50 Add SLICK50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

You are confusing the Formal Complaint with the Misconduct Complaint. But to answer your question, if you " called him many things which was not right", then the Misconduct Complaint would be more likely filed against you.

Old Post 10-05-2009 03:12 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLICK50
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You are comfusing the Formal Complaint with the Misconduct Complaint. But to answer your question, if you " called him many things which was not right", then the Misconduct Complaint would be more likely filed against you.

So Jim please tell me what you would have done when someone is trying to cheat you obviousley?

And if me calling him a cheater is grounds to file a Misconduct Complaint then i guess everyone would have one filed. I never cussed or yelled at him.

Old Post 10-05-2009 03:21 PM
SLICK50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLICK50 Click here to Send SLICK50 a Private Message Find more posts by SLICK50 Add SLICK50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Gilland
UKC Forum Member

Don't you just love them cast!!!LOL Some of these hunts anymore you dang near have to carry a gun!! LOL And it seems like the ones for just trophys and titles are worse!!!

Old Post 10-05-2009 03:23 PM
Steve Gilland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Gilland Click here to Send Steve Gilland a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Gilland Find more posts by Steve Gilland Add Steve Gilland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

I was just going by what you said in your post. If you call someone many things that are not right, there is a fairly good chance that might be considered an act of misconduct.
To answer your question, I have been in the very same situation myself before. Most of us that have hunted in these huntes a few years or more have been in that situation before. How I handle it is I ask for a cast vote. If I don't agree with the cast vote I put a question on the card. If I feel the MOH ruled wrong I file a Formal Complaint. And that is the extent of it for me.

Old Post 10-05-2009 03:28 PM
SLICK50
Banned

Okay thanks because there has got to be some kind of consequences for this kind of behavior.

Then to boot once we finnaly started walking to him they kept wanting to stop and listen for there dogs i told them his tree had been dead for 20 minutes but they kept stopping. Ridiculous and ignorance at the same time. i can't put up with it much longer. You try to show youre dogs ability off and people try to take it. No offense to anyone but look at the lifestyles of many many many coon hunters. Look at how many don't work and have no life and we expect them to be honest when it comes to the hunts? Not likeley.

Old Post 10-05-2009 03:42 PM
SLICK50
Banned

Any more thoughts on this???

Old Post 10-05-2009 05:50 PM
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

he and others like him are the reason alot of us stopped going to these hunts who wants to put money up and right from the start they are tryin to screw you,that dont sound like fun to me ,and thats what these hunts were suppose to be show how good your dog is (or bad some nights) and have a good time with 3 other coon hunters

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 10-05-2009 06:06 PM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLICK50
Banned

I tell you nothing is more pleasurable then drawing 4 good honest guys!! You can make alot of friends through this sport but it's becoming so rare to draw 3 honest guys. Im going to start confronting guys like this judge face to face just like i did with him. That's the only way to solve a problem. How can someone be proud of winning by cheating?? Makes no sense to me. I tell you people think i whine and complain about certain people BUT one thing is forsure i have never 1 time got a win due to having to cheat NEVER ONCE and im rpoud of that.

Old Post 10-05-2009 06:22 PM
larrypoe
Banned

First of all, as the judge he could have minused you the next available position for not striking your dog on or before the 3rd bark. Then scratched you on the next offence.

Second any handler who got that confrontational (I called him many things) in a cast I was judging would be headed back to the truck.

Those things being said, having a bad judge is about as miserable as a hunt gets. These things seem to happen more at the local club level where character or ability have less to do with the picking of judges than say who has a place to take the cast hunting, or who is buddys with who.

The formal complaint process is great when used properly, same goes for the misconduct report. Ive seen them abused as well.

Ive always thought the clubs should be held responsible for the judges they pick. Once they had a few events withheld, I think you would see bigger changes in the selection of judges than formal complaints or misconduct reports against a single individual could possibly bring.

RIP Loose

Old Post 10-05-2009 07:11 PM
larrypoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrypoe Click here to Send larrypoe a Private Message Click Here to Email larrypoe Find more posts by larrypoe Add larrypoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLICK50
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by larrypoe
First of all, as the judge he could have minused you the next available position for not striking your dog on or before the 3rd bark. Then scratched you on the next offence.

Second any handler who got that confrontational (I called him many things) in a cast I was judging would be headed back to the truck.

Those things being said, having a bad judge is about as miserable as a hunt gets. These things seem to happen more at the local club level where character or ability have less to do with the picking of judges than say who has a place to take the cast hunting, or who is buddys with who.

The formal complaint process is great when used properly, same goes for the misconduct report. Ive seen them abused as well.

Ive always thought the clubs should be held responsible for the judges they pick. Once they had a few events withheld, I think you would see bigger changes in the selection of judges than formal complaints or misconduct reports against a single individual could possibly bring.

Larry please !!! So youre telling me with 3 dogs treeing and my dog aproximatley 7 tenths of a mile away you expect me to hear my dog? What a crock. No he was trying to be slick and force me to strike for a quarter knowing that by the time we shined that tree he would most likeley be treed and i would get 100 strike.

I will tell you EXACTLY what i told him and i hope he gets on this message board and reads this. I said judge(name) be honest with yourself and be fair to me. You know you can hear my dog but you are refusing to hear him!! His reply was i am being honest and i can't hear youre dog but people let me tell you it was obvious as night and day that dog was treed. He then put the 2 minutes on me and i told him if he minused me i was questioning it and fileing a formal complaint on him. I then told him if i had to cheat like he did I would just stay at home and if I had to pack a me too dog around I would quite hunting. This guy needs to be barred for at least a year and if he tries anything like this I will make it personnal. He especially has no business judging a cast. To many proud hunters out there. Why can't everyone just play by the rules? If you don't know the rules read them and be honest. Good grief it's all about having fun but now it's turning into who can cheat and get by with it !!

Old Post 10-05-2009 07:38 PM
truly
Banned

so, did you win the cast in the end?
That's always the best revenge!

Old Post 10-05-2009 08:09 PM
truly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truly Click here to Send truly a Private Message Find more posts by truly Add truly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypoe
Banned

Based on what you said in your last post, no I wouldnt have scratched you, however a handler who loses his cool will go home early in a cast I judge.

As for striking your dog..........lets just say I got the impression you were waiting for the tree to close to "hear" your dog. A little slick handling of your own so to speak.

It really makes no difference though. If a judge can plainly hear a dog, and its not struck on or before the 3rd bark, its minused the next available position. Can this be abused? Sure it can just like several other judges calls. You could of coarse ask for a vote to try and overturn that call, but it would take a majority vote to do it. 2-2 dont cut it. Your only other option after that would be a ? on the card and a formal complaint should the MOH decide with the judge (normally they do). I dont know as UKC would overturn both a judges call and a MOH's decision on something like that, but who knows they might in the right circumstances

This is the reason clubs should pay very close attention to who they pick as judges. Some do a far better job than others.

RIP Loose

Old Post 10-05-2009 08:19 PM
larrypoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrypoe Click here to Send larrypoe a Private Message Click Here to Email larrypoe Find more posts by larrypoe Add larrypoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

Slick, you really need to learn what a Formal Complaint is. You cannot "file a formal complaint on him". Formal complaints are not filed against anyone.

Old Post 10-05-2009 08:21 PM
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by truly

well said ben

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 10-05-2009 08:52 PM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

Going to a nite hunt with the intention of prooving to the rest of the coonhunting world how great your dog is the source of 99% of the problems in nite hunts...IMO

Old Post 10-05-2009 09:00 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

He could hear it barking and you could'nt..Then you could hear it treed and he could'nt......LOL.......

Old Post 10-05-2009 10:14 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike aylesworth
UKC Forum Member

I agree with Josh. People take this sport too personal. They are only dogs and the best in the world will get beat by a dog nobody would feed but the owner. That's just the way it is. The best dog/handler doesn't always win.

If you go to a nitehunt expecting or looking for problems, it sure won't take much to find it. Sure, there are jerks every place you go no matter what you are doing. Don't feed the confrontation!!! Know the rules and be able to quickly find it on the back of the card to prove your point. Still don't get the result you feel you are entitled to, ask for a vote, and if needed after that, put a question on the card.

By all means remain calm and don't raise your voice. Once voices rise, the whole cast is in for a long night with no fun whether you win or lose.

In the end, whether you prove you are right, win a cast vote, or win a question taken back to the MOH, don't stand there and run your mouth. After all is said and done, win or lose, shake everyone's hands, thank the guide, and thank the judge. I don't care if they are the biggest jerk at the club, just do it.

In this case I think we had a judge that was worried about a dog sitting by itself while he had just gotten circled. He wanted the dog struck in for 25, while you were hoping nobody could hear your dog so you could go on for 100 and 125. And, obviously, it snowballed from there.

All you can do is remain calm and remember it is just a nitehunt, and these are just dogs.

I will be handling a dog this weekend for the first time in over a year. I guarantee that I will have fun, and there will be no arguing going on because I have paid my dues and seen some of the ****est things and people in the hunts. Not much flusters me anymore.

Last of all, and I think most of the veterans will agree, there will be a few that you just don't see eye to eye with in a cast no matter how many times you draw them. All you can do is try to get along and don't allow them to ruin the cast. Get a few hundred casts under your belt and you will be able to deal with the bad cast a lot easier.

Old Post 10-05-2009 11:15 PM
mike aylesworth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike aylesworth Click here to Send mike aylesworth a Private Message Find more posts by mike aylesworth Add mike aylesworth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

We need some cheaters. If it wasn't for them no body would want to keep score.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 10-05-2009 11:39 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phantom
Banned

Everytime I read a post like this it makes me wonder what am I doing wrong.The hunts I've been in the cast I was on no one ever acted like any of this stuff.everyone was always nice and calm and got along with each other.No fighting arguing or anything.As well as no mean dogs.But thats a different subject.I'm either doing something wrong by not getting in any cast like this or I've just been lucky.Oh well such is life I guess.

Old Post 10-06-2009 12:04 AM
Phantom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom Click here to Send Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by Phantom Add Phantom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

You must just be easy to get along with and don't have a chip on your shoulder. ( :
A man told me once when people didn't like there neighbor. No matter were they move they will never like there neighbor.
If a person got along with there neighbor they would no matter were they lived. Thought he was full of it at the time BUT have figured out since he was pretty well right.
I think the hunts are about the same thing. The ones I have been in were people got mad would remind you of some 4 year olds. One little smart remark and it's on.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 10-06-2009 12:28 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phantom
Banned

Yes I am pretty easy to get along with and no chip on my shoulder.I just call my dog for what it does.If it wins it wins if it loses it loses.If I ever was in one of these casts like some of you have been.I'd still just call my dog for what it does.Not going to get all worked up about some knuckle head in a hunt who wants to win at all costs.Though if someone did try some outright cheating I'd sure say something and bring it to the MOH's attention the right way.If someone lets stuff like cheating slide to me they are just as guilty as the crooks.But all in all to me at the end of the night its just another hunt to me.Not like is a billion dollars riding on the outcome.If any of that makese sense.
Okia Dawg
The guy that told you that stuff about someone liking or not liking whoever they lived next to.Sure hit the nail on the head I think.

Old Post 10-06-2009 12:46 AM
Phantom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom Click here to Send Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by Phantom Add Phantom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLICK50
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by truly

No i didn't win the cast. Scored on 1 coon that wasn't even there. LOL

Guess who plussed it? The judge. He swore he could see a coon tail. I told him man youre hearing sure is terrible but youre eye-sight is 20 20. LOL

Trust me people, he nor did any-body else hear my dog barking. they heard a goose calling in a pond near by. I would say my dog had been treed for 15 to 20 minutes by the time we scored that 2nd tree and againg he was around 7 tenths of a mile away. He also pitches his dog in-on strike. Guys like this amaze me. How can they feel like they accomplished something when they actually do cheat there way into a win?

Old Post 10-06-2009 01:36 PM
Geminite
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SLICK50
Look at how many don't work and have no life.

Hey don't talk about me that way!

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Old Post 10-06-2009 03:08 PM
Geminite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Geminite Click here to Send Geminite a Private Message Click Here to Email Geminite Visit Geminite's homepage! Find more posts by Geminite Add Geminite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLICK50
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Geminite
Hey don't talk about me that way!

Well the have no life was not right of me to say lol but there are far to many guys that try to be slick handlers and will cheat at all costs. From now on im going to say tell you what bud if you want to win that piece of paper that bad then here you go. It aint worth arguing over i just can't stand to see people cheat and then try to cover it up for a piece of paper. Loose a mans respect but gain a piece of paper. What a dandy

Old Post 10-06-2009 03:17 PM