UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Defense Cuts
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
brushrunretiree
Banned

Defense Cuts

Thank you for contacting me about President Obama and the military. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to update you on this issue.

Defense spending cuts of $487 billion over the next ten years are now being carried out. Although I believe every part of our budget must be evaluated, dramatically reducing defense while ignoring the primary drivers of our debt is both unwise and dangerous. Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta describes such cuts as devastating. The foremost duty of the American government is to ensure the safety of its citizens. While there are areas to reduce waste and duplication in our military, we should not weaken our security.

Between the conflicts in Syria, Ukraine, Egypt and others, we live in a dangerous world. I voted for the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) this past December. It ensures troop pay keeps pace with the civilian sector and rejects TRICARE fees. We have an obligation to equip and pay our troops so they can protect our country as safely and effectively as possible. We owe it to both active service members and our veterans because of their sacrifice to this nation.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future with any of your questions, concerns or opinions. Regarding issues before Congress, please contact my Washington, D.C. office by phone at (202) 225-4172; for constituent services, Morgantown office may be reached at (304) 284-8506. I also encourage you to visit my website at www.mckinley.house.gov, where you can send me an email and sign up for my email newsletter.

Sincerely,

David B. McKinley, P.E.

Member of Congress

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2014 11:09 PM
brushrunretiree is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brushrunretiree Click here to Send brushrunretiree a Private Message Click Here to Email brushrunretiree Find more posts by brushrunretiree Add brushrunretiree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote