UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Nocturnal Nailor
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Nocturnal Nailor

Does anybody have any pics of him and know anything about him like how good a hound he was and how his pups turned out? I've heard a lot about this dog and just wondering about him and would like to know about him.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-20-2020 11:28 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 05-21-2020 12:05 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Nocturnal Nailor

Boy hea was a good lookin hound...

Old Post 05-21-2020 12:30 AM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I think that's him.... I kinda collect pics and old stud ads I run across, especially old Yadkin River stuff. If it's wrong someone will let us know

Old Post 05-21-2020 12:49 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Regardless of who he is...he has the look that only great hounds have...a dog that can do it alone or leading the pack...

Old Post 05-21-2020 02:23 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

I owned a Nailor semen male and produced Opie. He is a grandson to Nailor and has all his looks. Big 85lb dog. He is a very special hound and will be in the stud pen soon.

#Nailor Nation

[img][img]

Old Post 05-21-2020 03:52 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Pretty sure thats nailor..looks just like him
I heard that joker was a track and tree dog extraordinaire...move a track super quik...and hard tree'r

And was louder then hell...

And he could throw coon dogs..

Any walker guy wouldnt mind a little shot of nailor in their pups bloodline..

Old Post 05-21-2020 02:05 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Green
I owned a Nailor semen male and produced Opie. He is a grandson to Nailor and has all his looks. Big 85lb dog. He is a very special hound and will be in the stud pen soon.

#Nailor Nation

[img][img]

Man thats a good lookin hound you got there!!!

What you gonna breed him too??

Old Post 05-21-2020 02:09 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

now was his sire, Tar Rattler off Jeff, or Champ?

Old Post 05-21-2020 03:59 PM
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

What you gonna breed him too?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Opie just turned 18 months old.....as soon as I get him finished, I have some great females for him.

Old Post 05-21-2020 10:54 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

That’s Nailor he had a look of his own. He is the photo is the dictionary under walker coon hound. That’s back when walker hounds had it all. They still ran track and treed a coon. Now a dog like that is priceless.

Old Post 05-26-2020 05:28 AM
Sostangcrazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sostangcrazy Click here to Send Sostangcrazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Sostangcrazy Find more posts by Sostangcrazy Add Sostangcrazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

That’s Nailor he had a look of his own. He is the photo is the dictionary under walker coon hound. That’s back when walker hounds had it all. They still ran track and treed a coon. Now a dog like that is priceless.

Old Post 05-26-2020 05:28 AM
Sostangcrazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sostangcrazy Click here to Send Sostangcrazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Sostangcrazy Find more posts by Sostangcrazy Add Sostangcrazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Was Nailer off Rattler, or the other way around?

Old Post 05-26-2020 06:42 AM
Ringo08
UKC Forum Member

Nailer was off Rattler

Nitech Ch 'PR' Cornell's Hardwood Hurricane HTX

GrSqch 2017 Arklahoma Winter Classic Champion
The Outlaw Dottie

Old Post 05-26-2020 03:27 PM
Ringo08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringo08 Click here to Send Ringo08 a Private Message Find more posts by Ringo08 Add Ringo08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo08
Nailer was off Rattler

And if I'm correct Rattler was off Champ? What female was Rattler off of?

Old Post 05-26-2020 03:50 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Rattler was off Yadkin River Jeff and Tar Hill Peggy

Old Post 05-26-2020 06:22 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Rattler was off Yadkin River Jeff and Tar Hill Peggy

Thank you sir.

Old Post 05-26-2020 07:59 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

A GrNtCh direct son of Nailor was a cast winner at a $kc legacy hunt in Iowa only to lose to his nephew (mother was a full littermate) in the late round. They treed 5 of the 6 coon scored.

Old Post 05-27-2020 02:36 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
A GrNtCh direct son of Nailor was a cast winner at a $kc legacy hunt in Iowa only to lose to his nephew (mother was a full littermate) in the late round. They treed 5 of the 6 coon scored.

Awesome! Believe I might enjoy getting a little of that Yadkin River blood in the mix.

Old Post 05-27-2020 02:42 AM
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

I agree

I dont think you could go wrong with a little yadkin river blood in a dog they produced some good hounds from what I've heard.

Old Post 05-27-2020 06:07 AM
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

I agree

I dont think you could go wrong with a little yadkin river blood in a dog they produced some good hounds from what I've heard.

Old Post 05-27-2020 06:07 AM
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

We owned a son of Nailor called CrossFire. He was a Nite Champion when we bought him and I finished him to Grand Nite when I was only 14 years old.

He was tight on track and chopped mostly on track but he had a huge quivering bawl locate that you could tree him on. He would hold all the pressure AND he was deadly accurate. He was a very hard tree dog and his only fault was he chewed at the tree too much.

Nailor had a reputation for being lazy or for throwing lazy dogs but the one we had out of him was anything but lazy. CrossFire is still a 'measuring stick' in my mind.

We also owned a stud dog that was a grandson to Nailor (Bawling Rebel) that was super quick on both ends with a huge mouth and deadly accurate.

Cheers,
Coby

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 05-27-2020 02:09 PM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

I never heard they was lazy. I know Nailor was fast and had that locate too. he was an amazing hound.

Old Post 05-27-2020 02:24 PM