UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Famous Dogs First Hand
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Lipper
Lawyer
Adios lightning
Hopkins cash
Tar rattler
Yadkin tar chief
Yadkin river sailor
Spring creek dummy
Ect,ect,ect

I am a walker guy but utchmans blue locktite was one nice blue dog owned by gene degrafied.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:10 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

I drew him down at PKC World in Aurora, Kentucky. We had 1 heck of a hunt. Mine and his split all night. I think we treed 7 coon in Land Between the Lakes between the 2 dogs. His and mine.

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:10 PM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Famous dogs

Montana Scout early in week the year he won UKC World Hunt.

Sparetime Spanky At big bluetick hunt in Clinton, MO., but Rick Stretch won cast that night with male dog he won all over the country with for several years. (name??)

Then of course, the famous WldChGrNtCh Split Creek History Quick from our area that i had to compete against hunt after hunt while Todd was making her a GrNtCh. & me & John Burkey was finishing out BO to GrNtCh. Many times she would tree a coon on us right at end of hunt to win cast. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:17 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Lipper
Lawyer
Adios lightning
Hopkins cash
Tar rattler
Yadkin tar chief
Yadkin river sailor
Spring creek dummy
Ect,ect,ect

I am a walker guy but utchmans blue locktite was one nice blue dog owned by gene degrafied.

Tar

I heard sailor was a bad mamma jamma

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:28 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by FLYbyNIGHT
I heard sailor was a bad mamma jamma

Treed so hard you would think he was going to pass out. And if he didn’t know you. You wasent getting him out of the pen either.

Tar

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:37 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I have been a friend of John Monroe for over 50 yrs, and living within 20 miles I have had the pleasure of hunting with all the Finley River dogs he has owned and campaigned. The trait of getting deep and alone is not new. I also was s friend of Nick Dejackamo hunting with Maniac was always an adventure. But hunting with Finley River Joe, was a pure pleasure. I have been around along time, so with crs. Can't remember all those I hunted with.

Old Post 03-28-2020 10:01 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

My first experience with "great" dogs wasn't as good as some of yours. In 1970 I went on a cast with James Merchant hunting Bawling Barney and Billy Joe Cole hunting Crowding Billy. I don't remember the other two dogs. In one minute all four were struck. In about 2 more minutes they were almost out of hearing. James Merchant turned to the other hunters and said, "I think we got us a deer race going." That was the end of the hunt.

Old Post 03-28-2020 10:43 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
I have been a friend of John Monroe for over 50 yrs, and living within 20 miles I have had the pleasure of hunting with all the Finley River dogs he has owned and campaigned. The trait of getting deep and alone is not new. I also was s friend of Nick Dejackamo hunting with Maniac was always an adventure. But hunting with Finley River Joe, was a pure pleasure. I have been around along time, so with crs. Can't remember all those I hunted with.

Soo you hunted with hardwood lot lizard???

Old Post 03-29-2020 12:30 AM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
My first experience with "great" dogs wasn't as good as some of yours. In 1970 I went on a cast with James Merchant hunting Bawling Barney and Billy Joe Cole hunting Crowding Billy. I don't remember the other two dogs. In one minute all four were struck. In about 2 more minutes they were almost out of hearing. James Merchant turned to the other hunters and said, "I think we got us a deer race going." That was the end of the hunt.

Good story!!

Old Post 03-29-2020 12:31 AM
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Treed so hard you would think he was going to pass out. And if he didn’t know you. You wasent getting him out of the pen either.

Tar

Lol thats a tree machine sounds like...

What was his locates like??

Old Post 03-29-2020 12:34 AM
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Man these posts are awesome...

Ive seen a bunch of these dogs in old cooner and bloodline magazine's and yall have actually hunted with them!!!

Old Post 03-29-2020 12:37 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Lol thats a tree machine sounds like...

What was his locates like??

Make you nervous lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2020 12:43 AM
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Make you nervous lol.

Tar

Dang.... That sounds awesome!!

I need me a dog like that!!

Old Post 03-29-2020 01:04 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

The famous dogs that come to mind that I had the pleasure of hunting with

Gr.Nt.Ch Smokey Mountain Brandy-Redbone
Gr.Nt.Ch. Slam Dunking Dan-Treeing Walker
Gr.Nt.Ch. Red Bud 75-English
Gr.Nt.Ch Shepards & Johnson's Duke-English
Gr.Nt,Ch Black Face Red-English

Just to name a few.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 03-29-2020 04:44 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mr. Clean

quote:
Originally posted by J-blotkamp
I was with the cast the night Mr. Clean won the UKC world hunt a few years back. He is the fastest track dog I have ever witnessed. I was awestruck at how fast he was at putting up coon. He put on a good show that night.
One of my good friends and hunting buddies bought him as a started pup and made him a grntch real quick.Sold him when he was around 2. I hunted an Elvis female with him and in a season killed about 200 coon. He got in the country quick and got treed, had the best sounding ringing chop u could ask for.

Old Post 03-29-2020 05:59 AM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Famous dogs

quote:
Originally posted by Rolin Blues
Montana Scout early in week the year he won UKC World Hunt.

Sparetime Spanky At big bluetick hunt in Clinton, MO., but Rick Stretch won cast that night with male dog he won all over the country with for several years. (name??)

Then of course, the famous WldChGrNtCh Split Creek History Quick from our area that i had to compete against hunt after hunt while Todd was making her a GrNtCh. & me & John Burkey was finishing out BO to GrNtCh. Many times she would tree a coon on us right at end of hunt to win cast. Take care, Ron.

Was the dog Stretch was hunting named Frisky?

Hunted with Frisky, Clean, Mojo, Habit, and several others that I know I am drawing a blank on. Clean was probably the best in the long run, but when it came to playing for money, nine would always be on Bad Habit. He had a bad habit of winning most times.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 03-30-2020 12:31 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

Lots of WLD CHs

Bone Collector
Insane Jane
Bellars Gabby
Meltdown
Huff Hollow Homer
Bad Habit
Johnson Creek Abby
All Biz Iz
Whats Up Doc
3 Sum
3 Dee
Hell On Heelz

Been with some less famous ones that really impressed me.
Id say the most impressive were Larry Wilcoxs English Dogs.
I drew him a few times when I was packing a real hound and his were tuff as nails. Big Mouths and had coons. It was more than one. TaeBo , Top Gun

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :
"GR NT CH TBO's Lucy Lawless"

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Chief Executive"
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 03-30-2020 03:08 PM
TBO kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBO kennels Click here to Send TBO kennels a Private Message Find more posts by TBO kennels Add TBO kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Robert

No it was long before her, back in middle 90's. It was a male dog. Seemed to be a 'get deep, tight on ground' by himself type. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 03-30-2020 05:27 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

I guess Bonecollector was the only dog that made a lasting impression on me.

Old Post 03-30-2020 05:43 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Robert

quote:
Originally posted by Rolin Blues
No it was long before her, back in middle 90's. It was a male dog. Seemed to be a 'get deep, tight on ground' by himself type. Take care, Ron.

Probably Tar Heel Henry

Old Post 03-30-2020 06:38 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

Top Dogs

I have been lucky to have hunted with several mucho money winners, World Ch & advertised stud dogs.
Had some great nights & some not so great nights.
The one that l remember most was a 2 night pleasure hunt with
Booger Hollow Mojo
Janice Joplin
Bellars Gabby
& A couple plugs owned by me Dennis Messer
We quit each night about 12 & my ole diary shows 37 trees made & 38 coons saw in 33 of those trees
The second turnout had 5 dogs on 5 trees within 300 yards of each other
All 5 had coon
I'll never be able to thank Marv & Brian enough
David

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Last edited by David Webb on 03-30-2020 at 07:18 PM

Old Post 03-30-2020 07:15 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Famous Dogs First Hand

quote:
Any of yall ever hunted or been on casts with a "famous" dog?? Im talkin like..
Trackman
Nailor
Cruise
Flag
Rat attack
X jr

Or any other breed of famous dogs??

It would be cool to hear about it

X jr was an absolute freak of Nature.

Old Post 03-30-2020 08:20 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

For anyone that has not hunted with some of the bigger winners you'll be amazed at how common they can look at times. Many just have a knack, or trait that gives them a slight edge.

The one thing most of them have is heart. Very few are more talented than just a good dog. They just want it more than the rest.

Old Post 03-30-2020 08:26 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph L.
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
For anyone that has not hunted with some of the bigger winners you'll be amazed at how common they can look at times. Many just have a knack, or trait that gives them a slight edge.

The one thing most of them have is heart. Very few are more talented than just a good dog. They just want it more than the rest.

Never a more true statement!

Joe levan

Old Post 03-30-2020 08:54 PM
Joseph L. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph L. Click here to Send Joseph L. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph L. Find more posts by Joseph L. Add Joseph L. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Famous Dogs First Hand

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
X jr was an absolute freak of Nature.

How was he such a good dog u think

Old Post 03-30-2020 09:52 PM