UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Agressive at tree
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

Therein lies the real problem, no one should ever have to worry about their dog staying at the tree with other dogs. We would never have a problem if every one refused to hunt a mean dog. No dog should have to stay treed with a alligator, the alligator should not be put in a hunt. All the talk about wanting your dog to stay treed would be a moot point if the mean dogs were eliminated. I put the blame on a handler who knowingly hunts a mean dog to get a advantage in a cast. No dog should be expected to take the heat and stay treed, there is no excuse for hunting a mean dog period. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 05-24-2020 at 02:58 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-24-2020 02:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Some handlers only care about themselves and their own dog. If their dog attacks another dog or runs it off a tree, it was the other dogs fault for just being there.

These type of handlers are narcissists or at a minimum have narcissistic tendencies...

Old Post 05-24-2020 05:15 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

They been around a LONG time—

I remember when I was visiting with Dave Dean at the Bluetick hunt in Iowa and a “ competitor” came up and said that his dog “would do what ever it took” to stay treed. That was back in the 80’s and that was just for a Trophy! Now put some GREEN on the table and I bet that brings out even better “stay put” tree dogs. Just saying😉

Wonder if that’s why there’s more, “get deep and lonely” tree dogs lately 😇😇😇

Old Post 05-24-2020 01:59 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Does Wild Willie have any tricks to make a dog more aggresive? Can he teach a timid dog to stay treed when an aggressive dog starts blowing and face barking? One of the best dogs I ever had would have first and first on every tree but would leave when another dog came in and started blowing.

WILD WILLY I THINK CAN FIX

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 05-24-2020 04:14 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hooch
UKC Forum Member

If I drawed him in a hunt I WOULD GET BORROWED FOR KILLING A DOG. AND THATS A FACT

Old Post 05-24-2020 08:43 PM
hooch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hooch Click here to Send hooch a Private Message Click Here to Email hooch Find more posts by hooch Add hooch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hooch
UKC Forum Member

If I drawed him in a hunt I WOULD GET BORROWED FOR KILLING A DOG. AND THATS A FACT

Old Post 05-24-2020 08:44 PM
hooch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hooch Click here to Send hooch a Private Message Click Here to Email hooch Find more posts by hooch Add hooch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Eric DePue

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Therein lies the real problem, no one should ever have to worry about their dog staying at the tree with other dogs. We would never have a problem if every one refused to hunt a mean dog. No dog should have to stay treed with a alligator, the alligator should not be put in a hunt. All the talk about wanting your dog to stay treed would be a moot point if the mean dogs were eliminated. I put the blame on a handler who knowingly hunts a mean dog to get a advantage in a cast. No dog should be expected to take the heat and stay treed, there is no excuse for hunting a mean dog period. Dave

So you've never drawn out with any dogs that are pushy on the tree? Meaning they push other dogs around the base. My young dog is fine with most until they try n push her or apply teeth. Mine will stay if she's confidant she has a coon treed.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 05-24-2020 08:44 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hooch
UKC Forum Member

THAT'S LIKE LETTING A GROWN MAN JUMP ON YOUR SON. WOULD YOU WATCH IT , ARE TAKE ACTION

Old Post 05-24-2020 08:45 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

I think most folks are fine with what you describe in your last post, heck even most dogs are fine with that kind of situation. Being pushed for tree position is not a reason for most dogs to fight, they will usually concede to each other by taking turns on the tree. A mean dog just does not want anything on the tree but them and will fight other dogs if they even get close to the tree. No one should tolerate that kind of behavior, big big difference. As far as taking their part, a lot of very peaceful dogs will fight if they get jumped on. No different than a man who is not aggressive but will not let a bully jump on Him without taking his part. We ALL know the difference in a dog that's mean and adog just trying to get position on a tree. Folks hunting alligators know their dog is aggressive, just like the bully, they start the fight, it's not a take my part situation. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 05-24-2020 at 09:20 PM

Old Post 05-24-2020 09:18 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hooch

That's exactly what I warned anyone hunting a alligator about, some handlers WILL NOT tolerate such behavior from a dog or handler. Hunting a alligator in the hunts WILL catch up to a man and the outcome might not suit him very well. I can not stand a mean dog period, don't know how anyone else could. Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 02:22 AM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hooch

quote:
That's exactly what I warned anyone hunting a alligator about, some handlers WILL NOT tolerate such behavior from a dog or handler. Hunting a alligator in the hunts WILL catch up to a man and the outcome might not suit him very well. I can not stand a mean dog period, don't know how anyone else could. Dave

My .02 the mean dogs exist more on the message boards than they do in the hunts.

Old Post 05-25-2020 03:58 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I think most folks are fine with what you describe in your last post, heck even most dogs are fine with that kind of situation. Being pushed for tree position is not a reason for most dogs to fight, they will usually concede to each other by taking turns on the tree. A mean dog just does not want anything on the tree but them and will fight other dogs if they even get close to the tree. No one should tolerate that kind of behavior, big big difference. As far as taking their part, a lot of very peaceful dogs will fight if they get jumped on. No different than a man who is not aggressive but will not let a bully jump on Him without taking his part. We ALL know the difference in a dog that's mean and adog just trying to get position on a tree. Folks hunting alligators know their dog is aggressive, just like the bully, they start the fight, it's not a take my part situation. Dave

Dave, you and I can see it black n white and others see it as grey (mean) dog. No if's and's or but's about it. I have seen only a couple sure enough mean dogs. They'd clean a tree, run others down, or start a fight for no apparent reasons other than they hated their shadow and everyone else's too. Been told by many that the type I own now and have owned before are "mean" dogs, when I prefer a dog that isn't afraid to stick up for it's self. The Bildo dog I had wouldn't start anything with another dog but he'd end a fight pretty quickly. Itty is the same way. She was on tree Thursday night and had a coyote come in, she got hamstringed but gave the coyote better than she received.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 05-25-2020 04:12 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

Lol. Yes, there are folks that will grab any excuse they can as to why their dog done something wrong, like leave a tree, etc. Just because there are idiots who hunt alligators does not mean all dogs are mean. Seriously, we ALL know the difference, just like we know when dogs are babbling. I forgot common sense isn't so common anymore or is it that folks want to win any way they can? I have not seen a mean dog or alligator in many years, but that's the way it should be. I just hate to see or read someone's post that thinks hunting a mean dog is cool. Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 06:32 AM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Hooch

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb
My .02 the mean dogs exist more on the message boards than they do in the hunts.

Absolutely agree, and its not common in either registry.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 05-25-2020 01:13 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Lol. Yes, there are folks that will grab any excuse they can as to why their dog done something wrong, like leave a tree, etc. Just because there are idiots who hunt alligators does not mean all dogs are mean. Seriously, we ALL know the difference, just like we know when dogs are babbling. I forgot common sense isn't so common anymore or is it that folks want to win any way they can? I have not seen a mean dog or alligator in many years, but that's the way it should be. I just hate to see or read someone's post that thinks hunting a mean dog is cool. Dave

Agreed. If there's 1 thing that's sure fire way to start a fist fight is hunt an alligator.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 05-25-2020 01:16 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I have owned dogs from down right sisified to mean. Both extremes are worthless to me.

Old Post 05-25-2020 01:55 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

mr richards

There's a couple of guys(partners) that knowingly hunt two mean dogs i have witnessed it first hand, I have hunted with three different dogs out of three different litters they are all mean the breeder even admitted that the the mean was coming from the mother but he keeps breeding her how can real coon hunters put a stop to this?

Old Post 05-25-2020 10:07 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

100%hunter

22 bullet. Lol. Seriously, I have zero tolerance for a I'll or mean dog. The guys you described should be barred from the hunts. Get the dog wrote up for fighting and get the dog barred from the hunts, UKC has a policy in effect for fighting dogs. One can also do like Buford Pusser walk softly and carry a big stick and know when to use it. Lol. Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 10:32 PM
hooch
UKC Forum Member

WELL MOST WILL NOT AGGREE WITH ME , BUT IF YOU HUNT A MEAN AGRESSIVE DOG YOU DON'T HAVE A COON DOG YOU HAVE A FRIEND STOPPER AND A MENTAL PROBLEM AND SHOULD NEVER BE ALOUD TO HUNT IN NITE HUNT. PROBLEM SOLVER 22 BULLET RIGHT IN THE HEAD....................................................................

Old Post 05-27-2020 10:14 PM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

It’s no fun if you draw a mean dog in a hunt but, it’s not something that’s prevelant. Most cast will have no problems and like I mentioned earlier I believe the mean dogs are mentioned more on forums than exist in the hunts.

Old Post 05-27-2020 10:43 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

johnny reb

I agree i've not had any trouble other than these same guys four litter mate brothers they sold two kept two the two that sold 22 bullet the two they kept their going to hunt all mean another male they sold the guy was going to 22 bullet his wife called these guys and they traded another dog for it and they are putting him in hunts now and the dog they traded to the guys wife 22 bullet, all these dogs are out of the same female and they are still breeding her.they know what they'er doing.

Old Post 05-27-2020 10:54 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Johnny reb

I agree with what you are saying, but the fact is that some folks still think a mean dog is okay. Yes, there are very few mean dogs being hunted in the hunts, but the fact is 1mean dog is 1 to many. No one should ever hunt a mean dog in the hunts, but it does happen. Dave

Old Post 05-27-2020 10:56 PM
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

I will take any mean dog you guys have if he has the coon consistently and doesn’t run trash. I hunt them alone and don’t care as long as they get treed quick and are accurate. I don’t competition hunt and don’t breed for puppies.

Old Post 05-28-2020 01:38 AM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Melblank
I will take any mean dog you guys have if he has the coon consistently and doesn’t run trash. I hunt them alone and don’t care as long as they get treed quick and are accurate. I don’t competition hunt and don’t breed for puppies.

If I get another 1 I'll keep you in mind.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 05-29-2020 01:24 AM