UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > side by side
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigcoonsdropen
UKC Forum Member

side by side

Im think of buying a side by side the one from tsc massimo is the maker of these first how many of you hunt out of one and do u like it second thing is I live in Pennsylvania i was wondering if i can drive a side by side on state approved atv trails i cant find anything on the web that says i can any help would be greatly appreciated alsko if you could post pics of your setups for your side by sides

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2015 02:55 AM
bigcoonsdropen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigcoonsdropen Click here to Send bigcoonsdropen a Private Message Click Here to Email bigcoonsdropen Find more posts by bigcoonsdropen Add bigcoonsdropen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

S×S are really great to hunt out of. Each has a preference or opinion, but I will only say that you should look at non Chinese Brands. Pay more now, you'll save more later.

Old Post 09-02-2015 03:21 AM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Re: side by side

quote:
Originally posted by bigcoonsdropen
Im think of buying a side by side the one from tsc massimo is the maker of these first how many of you hunt out of one and do u like it second thing is I live in Pennsylvania i was wondering if i can drive a side by side on state approved atv trails i cant find anything on the web that says i can any help would be greatly appreciated alsko if you could post pics of your setups for your side by sides
You should be able to operate it on approve atv trails,,but I would call bmv or sheriffs office to find out,,they should know,,
I bought a Polaris side by side afew years back to hunt off of,but eventually sold mine,,not because of like or disliking hunting off it,,I have woods far and few in between,wasn't as enjoyable cause it cut down my hunting drops,
Plus it is illegal to run them on the roads here in my county in Ohio.
But if I had woods closer and legal trails,I would never have sold mine,,to me,that is the hunters dream machine,,lol
ALSO,,I would take Shane's advise

Last edited by Jrkb2012 on 09-02-2015 at 03:42 AM

Old Post 09-02-2015 03:24 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

I have a 2011 teryx with around 4300 miles on it, love it
You wouldnt catch me buyin an off brand thats for sure!

Old Post 09-02-2015 04:03 AM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WV Hunt
New UKC Forum Member

Yamaha Rhino all the way.

Old Post 09-02-2015 07:26 AM
WV Hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WV Hunt Click here to Send WV Hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email WV Hunt Find more posts by WV Hunt Add WV Hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Riehle
UKC Forum Member

wv hunt i sent you a pm

Old Post 09-02-2015 11:37 AM
Dave Riehle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Riehle Click here to Send Dave Riehle a Private Message Find more posts by Dave Riehle Add Dave Riehle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

if it were me,i`d check with some of the larger dealers and see if they have any older models left over.with the rebates on these you can get a name brand for the same or cheaper price as the so called off brand.there is a dealer in northwest tenn. that does this on a regular bassis.if its a 2014 model and still new in the crate now thats where you get a deal.

Old Post 09-02-2015 03:16 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

sxs

The one at TC is pretty much built with Yamaha rhino parts, just about everything from a rhino will swap with a Massimo. My preference is Polaris, buy a midsize 570 ranger with power steering and never look back. I have a 570 midsize and a 900 fullsize, the midsize gets through tight trails a lot better than the 900.

Old Post 09-02-2015 03:51 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
There All made over seas aka;china
Polaris, Arctic Cat, & Intimadator are made in Minnesota & Arkansas. Honda, Yamaha, & Kawasaki are made in Japan. Massimo, Q-link, Kymco are made in China with Chinese craftsmanship.

Old Post 09-02-2015 04:26 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Ill take japan manufacturing over anything

Old Post 09-02-2015 05:39 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

Bigcoons, you gotta think about what happens when something breaks on your massino sxs? Take it back to tsc lol? Polaris dealerships work on them? Ive never seen one outside of tractor supplys parking lot...polaris had the sxs industry but thats changing especially with yamahas new lineup...if your on a tite budget id pick up a used rhino without hesitation before i bought a sxs from a feed and supply store

Old Post 09-02-2015 05:46 PM
bigcoonsdropen
UKC Forum Member

From what ive read the guy that designed the Rhino is the same person who designed the massimo and theres a massimo dealer 45 min from me also read that most all parts from the rhino is interchangeable with the massimo plus theres alot of extras with them that the others you have to pay for right off the bat winch roof windshield

Old Post 09-02-2015 06:02 PM
bigcoonsdropen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigcoonsdropen Click here to Send bigcoonsdropen a Private Message Click Here to Email bigcoonsdropen Find more posts by bigcoonsdropen Add bigcoonsdropen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigcoonsdropen
UKC Forum Member

From what ive read the guy that designed the Rhino is the same person who designed the massimo and theres a massimo dealer 45 min from me also read that most all parts from the rhino is interchangeable with the massimo plus theres alot of extras with them that the others you have to pay for right off the bat winch roof windshield

Old Post 09-02-2015 06:02 PM
bigcoonsdropen
UKC Forum Member

Plus i like the looks ofem and my dog box i have now fits right in the bed

Old Post 09-02-2015 06:03 PM
Tom Jones
UKC Forum Member

I have the Massimo 800 that looks like a rzr...........it will spank a 800 rzr also. they all break or have problems. if you go completely through it and tighten everything you will be in great shape. the chinise models had a plastic locker in the front diff. that was trash but with the alloy updated one they are a beast on hills and the mudholes. they are a true 4x4 and the 800's come with the rotax v-twin and will spin both tires on asphalt.

Old Post 09-02-2015 06:06 PM
Tom Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Jones Click here to Send Tom Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Jones Find more posts by Tom Jones Add Tom Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Jones
I have the Massimo 800 that looks like a rzr...........it will spank a 800 rzr also. they all break or have problems. if you go completely through it and tighten everything you will be in great shape. the chinise models had a plastic locker in the front diff. that was trash but with the alloy updated one they are a beast on hills and the mudholes. they are a true 4x4 and the 800's come with the rotax v-twin and will spin both tires on asphalt.

Whats the suspension like on yours cause ive seen youtube videos of massimo's and it looked like the rider wasnt gna have any teeth left after driving one? Do they come with gas piggybacks or no?

Old Post 09-02-2015 07:29 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bigcoonsdropen
The 1st Massimo I ever blew up had a Yamaha stamped piston in it. There's a lot of interchangeable parts and they seem like a great value up front, they will cost you more in the long run. I bought and sold maybe 60, went to Dallas and picked then up, assembled them, sold them, worked on them. Japan & China are not the same. We had constant wiring, fuel pump, rear end and transfer case issues and welds constantly cracking or breaking. Also think about trade in value later, I don't know any dealers in our area who will take them unless it's give away prices.

Old Post 09-02-2015 08:29 PM
curtis springer
UKC Forum Member

I don't know what the ground looks like where you're at, but in my part of wv its straight up and down, I have an 06 Polaris ranger and unless they've done a lot of work to the new ones engine brake you do not want to point that thing down hill even in low range. I went and bought a Teryx 2, its much better.

Old Post 09-02-2015 11:37 PM
curtis springer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curtis springer Click here to Send curtis springer a Private Message Find more posts by curtis springer Add curtis springer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Polaris, Arctic Cat, & Intimadator are made in Minnesota & Arkansas. Honda, Yamaha, & Kawasaki are made in Japan. Massimo, Q-link, Kymco are made in China with Chinese craftsmanship.

...and the biggest pile of junk out of the bunch is Arctic Cat!!! I had a Prowler and it literally started to disintegrate the day I bought it. Absolute junk with a capital J...and to boot, you cant even get a live human being on the phone to complain to at Arctic Cat!!!
Nope, sorry...Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki are not made in Japan...they are in fact made in China with Japanese mandated quality control. Raise the hood, look at the motor and just like on a Honda, Yamaha {and Mercury since 2009 for that matter} outboard engine, you will see a "Made In China" sticker.
I have had very good luck with Yamaha as well as Honda...wouldn't be afraid of either one of those. That said, I have a Kubota and a John Deere Gator. Of the two, the Kubota is a better hunting vehicle. I wish my Tundra got gas mileage like the Gator!!!!

Last edited by msinc on 09-03-2015 at 02:37 AM

Old Post 09-03-2015 02:33 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

The Honda Pioneer is built in S.Carolina. The Rhinos in Georgia. These are two solid sxs with 100s of dealerships nationwide. Do your research and ride and evaluate each. Don't get on a Can Am you'll always want one!!

Old Post 09-03-2015 05:09 AM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
The Honda Pioneer is built in S.Carolina. The Rhinos in Georgia. These are two solid sxs with 100s of dealerships nationwide. Do your research and ride and evaluate each. Don't get on a Can Am you'll always want one!!
Them can am's are badass bad to the bone machines

Old Post 09-03-2015 08:58 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by msinc

Nope, sorry...Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki are not made in Japan...they are in fact made in China with Japanese mandated quality control

Lmao cmon msinc do your research

Old Post 09-03-2015 12:10 PM
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jrkb2012
Them can am's are badass bad to the bone machines

Around here can ams ( made by BRP) are referred to as Big Rollin Problem

Old Post 09-03-2015 12:15 PM
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by msinc
...and the biggest pile of junk out of the bunch is Arctic Cat!!! I had a Prowler and it literally started to disintegrate the day I bought it. Absolute junk with a capital J...and to boot, you cant even get a live human being on the phone to complain to at Arctic Cat!!!
Nope, sorry...Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki are not made in Japan...they are in fact made in China with Japanese mandated quality control. Raise the hood, look at the motor and just like on a Honda, Yamaha {and Mercury since 2009 for that matter} outboard engine, you will see a "Made In China" sticker.
I have had very good luck with Yamaha as well as Honda...wouldn't be afraid of either one of those. That said, I have a Kubota and a John Deere Gator. Of the two, the Kubota is a better hunting vehicle. I wish my Tundra got gas mileage like the Gator!!!!

I'm looking to buy a Kubota how does your get around? does it get through the woods ok how does it handle mud some of the places I hunt has a lot of clay when it gets wet it can be tough . also I'm thinking of putting a plow on it to plow snow with do you think it will do ok. Thanks

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 09-03-2015 01:51 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by dchartt
Lmao cmon msinc do your research

Laugh mine off....do yours!!! Those quoted above might have some parts "assembled in the U.S., but every part on them, especially the complete assembled engine is made in China.
Surprised me too, and it makes the Mercury Outboard fanboys break right down and cry when they pull that pretty black cover and first thing that jumps out at them is the "Made In China" sticker.
I just bought a Honda "Inverter" EU-6500 generator for my cabin...$4500.00 remote start generator, the quietest nicest small genset made.....and you guessed it, "Made In China", even the Mikuni carb has it's own China sticker on it.

Old Post 09-03-2015 03:33 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote