UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > pa sb373 pa anti tethering bill
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cameronk
UKC Forum Member

Is it possible to get this one stuck to the top like the one about the MD bill?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2015 01:36 PM
cameronk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cameronk Click here to Send cameronk a Private Message Click Here to Email cameronk Find more posts by cameronk Add cameronk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-25-2015 05:02 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Your welcome for the numbers GrowOrg1-- People of Pa This Bill is already been taken to some cities and areas around PA and put into city law. Dos anyone know someone around Philly that could talk about this Tethering law? I see Philly is Using the exact same copy of the bill as trying to be Passed.. If you do have them comment I would like to ask them a few questions

Old Post 02-26-2015 12:49 AM
rich0713 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rich0713 Click here to Send rich0713 a Private Message Visit rich0713's homepage! Find more posts by rich0713 Add rich0713 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HowellN
UKC Forum Member

I've never understood how a kennel is considered more humane. A 5x10 kennel offers 50 sq ft of living space and a 10x10 offers 100 sq ft. Then minus the house and the days poop that the dog walks in or around.
Compare that to a 10 ft chain which offers 314 sq ft of living space or an 11 ft chain that has 380 sq ft.
I have 3 kennels on concrete with roofs and I only use them for bitches in heat, pups too small for a chain, or the occasional new dog that needs to add weight.

I don't need the government telling what breed to have, how to care for them, how to house them, or how to train them.

Old Post 02-26-2015 04:58 PM
HowellN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HowellN Click here to Send HowellN a Private Message Find more posts by HowellN Add HowellN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Here is the Pa House Bill 481 Tethering law

Same stupid crap but Now if you hunt in the cold each Handler and dog have a license to hunt in the cold and you can only be out in it 15 minutes as long as dog is not in danger.. What a bunch of crap This one Also give the right to take your dog If you are found guilty of any of these laws written in this Bill.

So now they add TAKING YOUR DOG hmm

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...481&pn=0539

Last edited by rich0713 on 02-27-2015 at 12:14 AM

Old Post 02-26-2015 11:11 PM
rich0713 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rich0713 Click here to Send rich0713 a Private Message Visit rich0713's homepage! Find more posts by rich0713 Add rich0713 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntforlife
UKC Forum Member

dogs

rich0713: My understanding on this bill is with the dogs and having them tethered while hunting etc. Technically our dogs arent tethered while hunting. They are out hunting off a leash. Am i misunderstanding/misreading? So technically you can hunt under 32 degrees just not have them tethered for longer than 15 min?

Old Post 02-28-2015 11:54 PM
huntforlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntforlife Click here to Send huntforlife a Private Message Click Here to Email huntforlife Find more posts by huntforlife Add huntforlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Re: dogs

Have you ever been to a UKC hunt? What is the first thing people do when they get to a hunt? What I see is people tie dogs to tail gate or a tree to let the dog out of Box. My other question to you. In a UKC hunt when your Dog split trees dont All people have to go to First dog treed and then 2 3 4 dog after that?? So This would also be illegal. My last Question Did u not see DOG NOT TETHERED has to be under super Vision?? Well If ur dog is 600 yards out that's not under super vision. Per law In Cold Dogs have to be under Super Vision If out below 32 degs. (super Vision is in direct eye contact and u can leash dog up with in time to manage a small task. hmmm
Both Sb 373 And this bill are a lil different But not by much. And if you can not have ur dog tied out for more than 15 minutes then Bench Shows would be illegal depending how long it takes to score all the dogs

quote:
Originally posted by huntforlife
rich0713: My understanding on this bill is with the dogs and having them tethered while hunting etc. Technically our dogs arent tethered while hunting. They are out hunting off a leash. Am i misunderstanding/misreading? So technically you can hunt under 32 degrees just not have them tethered for longer than 15 min?

Last edited by rich0713 on 03-01-2015 at 03:07 AM

Old Post 03-01-2015 02:50 AM
huntforlife
UKC Forum Member

Could have done without the arrogance rich0713. I asked a question. Wont make that mistake again!!

Old Post 03-01-2015 11:43 PM
huntforlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntforlife Click here to Send huntforlife a Private Message Click Here to Email huntforlife Find more posts by huntforlife Add huntforlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Huntfor life I was not trying to be a jerk I have been fighting this bug im Sorry If I come off Arrogance did not mean to and im sorry.... what I was trying to do was show you the problems this code blue and the tethering law makes hunting illegal was all

People here is another law trying to be past to its called code Blue all deals with cold weather http://www.mytwintiers.com/story/d/...XYDx1w.facebook

Last edited by rich0713 on 03-02-2015 at 08:12 AM

Old Post 03-02-2015 08:10 AM
huntforlife
UKC Forum Member

Rich0713 its all good no worries! Just some misunderatandings. I did miss read part of the bill. I wasn't for it and will remain to stay against it! The last thing we want as houndsman is to have more laws put on us especially telling us if it's below 32 we can't hunt and will have our dogs taken away. I pray this does not go through!!

Old Post 03-02-2015 12:40 PM
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

My county is already trying to do this! Im on the phone with any state govt and layer I can find this violates my right to hunt

quote:
Originally posted by huntforlife
Rich0713 its all good no worries! Just some misunderatandings. I did miss read part of the bill. I wasn't for it and will remain to stay against it! The last thing we want as houndsman is to have more laws put on us especially telling us if it's below 32 we can't hunt and will have our dogs taken away. I pray this does not go through!!

Old Post 03-02-2015 01:48 PM
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

My Local news on Code Blue that Pa. counties are trying to pass http://www.mytwintiers.com/story/d/...XYDx1w.facebook

Old Post 03-03-2015 08:28 AM
Phil Peterson
UKC Forum Member

Go to http://www.legis.state.pa.us/. Here you can find your representative and senator. It is very easy to send them an email. I even got a phone call from my senator regarding this bill.

Old Post 03-04-2015 06:16 PM
Phil Peterson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil Peterson Click here to Send Phil Peterson a Private Message Find more posts by Phil Peterson Add Phil Peterson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B Beland
UKC Forum Member

The members of the Laurelville club need to contact their Senator (Pat Stefano) as he is one of the sponsors of the bill.
16 of the 19 Senators that sponsored the bill are from either the Pitts. or Phila. area. (imagine that)

Old Post 03-10-2015 04:30 PM
B Beland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Beland Click here to Send B Beland a Private Message Click Here to Email B Beland Find more posts by B Beland Add B Beland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by B Beland
The members of the Laurelville club need to contact their Senator (Pat Stefano) as he is one of the sponsors of the bill.
16 of the 19 Senators that sponsored the bill are from either the Pitts. or Phila. area. (imagine that)

Someone has to donate to there campaign fund.

Old Post 03-10-2015 05:00 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

AND STILL NO HELP FROM ANY MAJOR GROUPS BUT THEY HELPED OTHER STATES WITH THE SAME BILL.. We even had a close call in my county with a Law called Code Blue, If it was not for a Commissioner that listen to a couple of us and looked into this law, and also loves to hunt we would have passed a law that would make hunting with dogs in cold weather illegal.

Old Post 03-12-2015 08:43 PM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Sara is working on a position statement from UKC regarding tethering and has asked me for some input regarding the advantages or positives regarding tethering. Help me out with some input if you don't mind.

I think the cost advantage is worth mentioning for sure.

I didn't think about the square footage of living space mentioned above but that's a good one.

I know for a fact some dogs do not do well in an enclosure environment so it allows to accommodate individual needs.

I have a friend that runs coonhounds, beagles and coyote dogs that swears that tethering is a means of curing some issues with dogs that include urinating in their box and shyness issues.

What about the advantage of being able to more easily move dogs to areas to make them more comfortable in relation to climate changes? Out of the wind during cold months / into a breeze during hot months?

Any others you can think of ?

Old Post 03-18-2015 03:24 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

What my thoughts on these is under these Bills and Laws they are trying to pass it would make it Illegal for a dog to be outside in temps from 32 degs and below, One of these bills even states 20 and below that would make most our hunting season. They have even tried to pass a law like this at county level in Pa. Just so its know these Laws and Bills are also coming from our big cities and trying to be put in place in our Raul communities.

http://www.mytwintiers.com/story/d/...XYDx1w.facebook

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
Sara is working on a position statement from UKC regarding tethering and has asked me for some input regarding the advantages or positives regarding tethering. Help me out with some input if you don't mind.

I think the cost advantage is worth mentioning for sure.

I didn't think about the square footage of living space mentioned above but that's a good one.

I know for a fact some dogs do not do well in an enclosure environment so it allows to accommodate individual needs.

I have a friend that runs coonhounds, beagles and coyote dogs that swears that tethering is a means of curing some issues with dogs that include urinating in their box and shyness issues.

What about the advantage of being able to more easily move dogs to areas to make them more comfortable in relation to climate changes? Out of the wind during cold months / into a breeze during hot months?

Any others you can think of ?

Last edited by rich0713 on 03-18-2015 at 04:47 PM

Old Post 03-18-2015 04:13 PM
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Here is a copy of the same law that was tried to be passed in my county.. http://media.wix.com/ugd/132a8e_2bf...c4871c284ef.pdf

Old Post 03-18-2015 04:57 PM
H Stonesifer
UKC Forum Member

I talked to Rep.Will Tallman in Adams County half hour ago and he told me that he not in favor of the terthing bill.He said that their are too many varables in the bill and can't run home very time bad storm from work to put the hounds in the house.I also pointed that some breeds are bred to be outside dogs like the hounds and huskies in extreme weather conditions and don't favor the bill at all.Thanks too Mr. Tallman for his support against this bill.

Old Post 03-20-2015 04:12 PM
H Stonesifer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H Stonesifer Click here to Send H Stonesifer a Private Message Click Here to Email H Stonesifer Find more posts by H Stonesifer Add H Stonesifer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Tethering in cold weather

Code Blue in NY deals with cold weather and has a time frame animals can be left out in the cold with out food and fresh water. Kind of hard to feed and water cows and horses when you have to walk the cops around your property. And also deal with frozen water pipes as well. The Police are taking a way perfectly healthy animals from a farm in upstate NY do to no food in a time frame set due to supper cold weather in February of this year. http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/go...ounty-new-york/

Old Post 03-23-2015 09:04 PM
SmokyRiver
New UKC Forum Member

AMEN TO THIS!!! SPEAK UP PEOPLE ITS YOUR ANIMAL

quote:
Originally posted by cameronk
I grew up on a farm in southern MN. At that time just about every farm had a farm dog running around that lived outside. People had hounds in kennels, tied up etc. That is just the way things were, and MN winters can be pretty tough.

Fast forward to today. The average person seems to be in the mindset of humanizing pets. Some of these people spend untold amounts of money on their lap dogs: grooming, pet accessories, pet pedicures, pet chiropractors, nothing too great for their thousand dollar house mutt. I swear many of these people take better care of their house dogs and cats than they do their own kids. Not saying I promote cruelty to dogs, but people need to be a realist when it comes to all this.

The people promoting these "pet cruelty" laws are pretty dangerous. What you often have are animal rights activists who have found a new way to push their agenda. The general public lost interest in dumping blood on fur coats, or boycotting meat so the animal rights folks had to find a new avenue to appeal to the masses. Nowadays people are pet crazy so what better way to get them onboard. They can take an average citizen and manipulate them into their ranks by pushing the pet cruelty laws. Next they will push that traps harm dogs, hound people are cruel to canines because they allow their dogs to fight animals, hunters are cruel for killing coyotes because they are in the canine family, etc. And it all starts with this humanizing of pets.

The time to fight this is now, before their movement gains any more momentum.

Old Post 03-24-2015 03:19 AM
SmokyRiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokyRiver Click here to Send SmokyRiver a Private Message Click Here to Email SmokyRiver Find more posts by SmokyRiver Add SmokyRiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

UCK has wrote an article dealing with Anti Tethering Weather Bill 373 http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/News...4012015125815PM

Old Post 04-01-2015 09:15 PM
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

emailed

my senator and State Rep. haven't heard back yet.

Old Post 04-04-2015 03:07 AM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich0713
UKC Forum Member

Re: pa sb373 pa anti tethering bill

Look at the comments made about our tethering and hunting cold weather bill made here https://www.facebook.com/ussportsme...79/?pnref=story

quote:
Originally posted by groworg1
pa sb373 anti tethering bill just read a post on facebook asking for support ! NO WAY AND MINE ARE IN KENNELS ! IF YOU LIVE IN PA PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTIVES AND TELL THEM TO VOTE NO ON SB373 !

Old Post 04-18-2015 03:24 PM