UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Most "FAMOUS" person you've ever met
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blister 1
UKC Forum Member

Most "FAMOUS" person you've ever met

I was reading a post on another site and it got me wondering, How many coonhunters have met someone famous.

Mine would be Mahammed Ali, I even got this autograph.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:04 PM
Blister 1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blister 1 Click here to Send Blister 1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Blister 1 Find more posts by Blister 1 Add Blister 1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CLASS
UKC Forum Member

MERLE HAGGARD AND MARTY STUART .

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:07 PM
CLASS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CLASS Click here to Send CLASS a Private Message Visit CLASS's homepage! Find more posts by CLASS Add CLASS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tbaker
UKC Forum Member

Most Famous

Well lets see- Met Todd K @ a UKC hunt
is that famous enough.

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:08 PM
Tbaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tbaker Click here to Send Tbaker a Private Message Click Here to Email Tbaker Find more posts by Tbaker Add Tbaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

There have been a number of polititions that I have shook hands with. I won't list any, some have been discredited already, other might be in the future. LOL.

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:10 PM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Old Hickory
New UKC Forum Member

Pres. Bush (Father) Dan Quale and Bill Clinton and Al Gore, PM of Ireland and a whole bunch of reporters and Congressmen. I use to work Secret Service. (Thank God I am not now) Campaigns suck!

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:18 PM
Old Hickory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Old Hickory Click here to Send Old Hickory a Private Message Find more posts by Old Hickory Add Old Hickory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

the way all these

famous people have been getting in trouble i dont know if i want to meet any of them, they think their above the law. as for politicians i had just as soon talk to my dogs as to talk to one of them.

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:18 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

Johnny Unitas, Tom Matte,

and Stacy Robinson.

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:25 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

Dick Tha Bruiser

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:31 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stretcher
UKC Forum Member

The 98-99 Cubs!!!!

I also taught Eugene Wilson----Rookie Free Safety for the New England Patriots!

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:43 PM
Stretcher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stretcher Click here to Send Stretcher a Private Message Click Here to Email Stretcher Find more posts by Stretcher Add Stretcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAN CAHOY
UKC Forum Member

NOW WHO IS "DICK THA BRUISER"

4 WINS TOWARD GR NT
4 WINS TOWARD GR SH
AND REPRODUCIN!!

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:45 PM
DAN CAHOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAN CAHOY Click here to Send DAN CAHOY a Private Message Click Here to Email DAN CAHOY Visit DAN CAHOY's homepage! Find more posts by DAN CAHOY Add DAN CAHOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gal
UKC Forum Member

lets see....

theres Tank lol Chris Cagle...big Tom from survivor (he lives here in va) lol ummm Gary Allen...mostly country music ppl lol no big famous pop stars or politicians :-)

Old Post 02-03-2004 07:48 PM
gal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gal Click here to Send gal a Private Message Click Here to Email gal Find more posts by gal Add gal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Fields
Banned

SMOKE, AND MARK REED

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:08 PM
Mike Fields is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Fields Click here to Send Mike Fields a Private Message Find more posts by Mike Fields Add Mike Fields to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

Well...

I met Davey Allison one night. We were stuck in the Blizzard of 93.

I met Dolly Parton, Randy Travis, and The Oak Ridge Boys.

I also met Jeff Foxworth once.

That's about it.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:10 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Salt Creek
UKC Forum Member

I met ELVIS & JIM...

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:11 PM
Salt Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Salt Creek Click here to Send Salt Creek a Private Message Click Here to Email Salt Creek Visit Salt Creek's homepage! Find more posts by Salt Creek Add Salt Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IngleBlue
UKC Forum Member

Bill Clinton in Hawaii, The Bush Wackers in Florida

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:18 PM
IngleBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IngleBlue Click here to Send IngleBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email IngleBlue Visit IngleBlue's homepage! Find more posts by IngleBlue Add IngleBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tank/UKC
UKC Forum Member

Hmmmm

I guess I have been fortunate as I have met some fairly famous people over the years. As some of you know, I was a Marine Embassy Guard for 4 years or so and I had the privilege of meeting some very newsworthy folks.

I had my picture made with Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bush 1, and Al Gore. Of this group I liked Jimmy Carter far better than the rest. He and his wife were genuinely friendly, while the others were more there for the photos. I was there because I was told to be. I was also forced into a photo with Nelson Mandela while in South Africa. He was shorter than I thought he would be however his body guards weren't. I also had my photo taken with FW de Klerk the outgoing president after South Africa's first free election.

Actors/Actresses- too many to count. I did fly on a plane with Bruce Willis and went to a Planet Hollywood opening in Seoul, Korea where he a few others put on a good party. I met Danny Glover and Whitney Houston and I didn't like either of them.

Plenty of atheletes but the ALL-TIME worst one was Alonzo Mourning who would not sign and autograph for a girl I knew from Pennsylvania. It bothered me as he was being a jerk for most of the night. He was on a Nike Hoop Stars tour in Korea. I was glad when the Hornets traded him but not near as glad when the whole team left Charlotte.

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:22 PM
Tank/UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tank/UKC Click here to Send Tank/UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Tank/UKC Visit Tank/UKC's homepage! Find more posts by Tank/UKC Add Tank/UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stretcher
UKC Forum Member

Dick the Bruiser

One of the all-time great wrestlers!!!!

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:22 PM
Stretcher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stretcher Click here to Send Stretcher a Private Message Click Here to Email Stretcher Find more posts by Stretcher Add Stretcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mountaineer Man
UKC Forum Member

While in the service, I was honor guard for the Queen of England and Pres. Reagan. Also had Sylvester Stallone come by our barracks. Met Bufford T. Pusser from Walking Tall when I was just a kid. Been in Alan Jackson's home(his mother's house) here in Newnan, where I live. Met Steve Bedrosian(former Atl pitcher) while working on his house, played ball against Dell Curry(former guard in NBA), played ball against Ralph Sampson from UVA and put an alarm in guy's house(dont remember his name) that produced one of Britney Spear's albums. Oh, and Clint Black came over to Somalia to a small group of us and sang some songs and shot the breeze for a while.

Met a couple a recognizables but have yet to met a coon hunter who doesn't stretch the truth

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:30 PM
Mountaineer Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mountaineer Man Click here to Send Mountaineer Man a Private Message Click Here to Email Mountaineer Man Visit Mountaineer Man's homepage! Find more posts by Mountaineer Man Add Mountaineer Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Harris
UKC Forum Member

Working in Branson, MO for several years I've met several country music stars over the years I was there. However the most memorable meeting ever was after work we went to a local pub with a few friends and met up with Mel Tillis, Christy Lane and Willie Nelson. We all set around and shot the bull for a little while then Mel and Willie grabbed some guitars and started singing a few of their hits. What a great night.

Also met our current Attorney General, John Ashcroft when he was governor of Missouri. Got a picture of me setting in his chair with my feet on his desk.

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:31 PM
Jim Harris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Harris Click here to Send Jim Harris a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Harris Find more posts by Jim Harris Add Jim Harris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I was going to joke around and say Curt Willis (Tank) was the most famous person I ever met. After reading what he just posted it might be true.

When I asked these two young ladies that work for UKC if they thought Tank was famous they just smiled.

"Coon Eyes Matter"
Boss Lights
San Mateo, Fl

Last edited by Bruce Conkey on 02-03-2004 at 08:44 PM

Old Post 02-03-2004 08:34 PM
Bruce Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Conkey Click here to Send Bruce Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Conkey Find more posts by Bruce Conkey Add Bruce Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvhounds
UKC Forum Member

HOBO