UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog Hauler Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

Dog Hauler Question

I just bought pup on east cost and it's 20 hour drive one way from missouri. I was wondering if anyone had tried ship 6 or 7 week old pups for long hauls. I will actually be have a litter mate pair shipped so I think that might help on the stress. I might end up driving out to get them but was wondering if anyone had experience with shipping pups before I made up my mind. Thanks

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

BAYOU CREEK BLACK AND TANS

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-28-2015 01:04 AM
OzarkLiven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OzarkLiven Click here to Send OzarkLiven a Private Message Click Here to Email OzarkLiven Find more posts by OzarkLiven Add OzarkLiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

PUPS

Yes I have and they will be just fine. Cost you about 250 but cheaper than you can go get them and you won't loose 2 or 3 days of your life driving.

Old Post 08-28-2015 01:12 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Corky Burke will deliver your pups and they will be in top shape and you can't go get the for what he charges !!!

Old Post 08-28-2015 04:23 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HAULER

Potomac is right and Corky is who I use. In fact he is picking up a pup for me after Autumn Oaks next weekend. If you want his number let me know and I will send it to you or you can look in Bloodlines and get his number from his ad.

Old Post 08-28-2015 04:42 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Mary Ann - Buckeye (740)236-0578
Burke - (601)964-3729
Also there is a guy named Bill Mary Ann referred me to we have used a couple of times to get dogs to and from PA , I will try to find his card . Him and Mary Ann both drive vans and haul in crates climate controlled would be good for young pups .
Any of these 3 would be fine and take good care if your pup . Much more reasonable rate than driving 40 hrs yourself .

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-28-2015 06:29 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

if you have a major airport within an hour or two you could ship by air cargo for 250 or so.

Old Post 08-28-2015 03:06 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

I have heard of the air cargo thing might check into it. Potomac if you would send me that number I would appreciate it. I will call all people you all recommended and see who has a route lined up with time my pup will be ready. Thanks for the replies everyone.

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 08-28-2015 06:22 PM
OzarkLiven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OzarkLiven Click here to Send OzarkLiven a Private Message Click Here to Email OzarkLiven Find more posts by OzarkLiven Add OzarkLiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

Still needing help here. I called everyone that was recommended to me for dog hauling service no one could help me.. If anyone got any ideal on getting dog from New Hampshire to missouri I would sure appreciate it.

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 09-01-2015 08:22 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Check into flying it. Its a bit better than being in a truck for a couple days. Only takes a couple hrs to fly. And I bet its not that pricey.

That and go back into the dog hauling section on this board. There's always someone that's looking for spots to fill.

Old Post 09-01-2015 08:26 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by OzarkLiven
Still needing help here. I called everyone that was recommended to me for dog hauling service no one could help me.. If anyone got any ideal on getting dog from New Hampshire to missouri I would sure appreciate it.

With AO going on this weekend what about getting the pup in two hops. Find somebody headed to AO from the New England states to bring it to AO then either run up to Richmond yourself or find somebody from Missouri that's headed up there to pick it up for you. Richmond to Missouri would have to be the easy part.

Old Post 09-01-2015 10:59 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
Check into flying it. Its a bit better than being in a truck for a couple days. Only takes a couple hrs to fly. And I bet its not that pricey.

That and go back into the dog hauling section on this board. There's always someone that's looking for spots to fill.

I heard its just about the same price for a ticket for a person

Old Post 09-01-2015 11:03 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jmyers8
UKC Forum Member

I flew two pups to a guy in Texas when they were 8 weeks old off my female. It was actually easier then expected. You will need the pups checked out by a vet with a bill of health and also shot record. Both pups can be in the same crate must have a water bowl and bag of food for them. Once he booked the flight they give you directions to show up about an hour before hand pups were loaded then unloaded in Texas three hours later in great shape. All in all it was pretty easy I believe the tickets were around 200 and the hole ordeal was about 350. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old Post 09-02-2015 01:04 AM
Jmyers8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmyers8 Click here to Send Jmyers8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmyers8 Find more posts by Jmyers8 Add Jmyers8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

I just checked in on getting them shipped by plane and they told exactly same thing you just did. And price was goin b bout what you said. Thanks

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 09-02-2015 05:23 AM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

My Expierence

I had a buddy that was gonna have a dog hauler pick up a hound from me and ship it to Mo. Well the guy told my buddy I would be the last pick up for him and he showed up in February with about 4" of snow on the ground and when he pulled the wire cage out for him there was dog crap all over it. No straw in it, and wide open. Then he told me he was going to Ohio, then to Indiana, then onto Mo. I told the guy he wasn't hauling my hound like that and went and put him up. But when I came back from the kennel he was still there. He proceeded to tell me he wasn't leaving without the hound. Lol needless to say he left. There are some real reputable dog haulers but this guy was nothing but a hack job.
Make sure you ask questions and ask for references.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 09-02-2015 02:00 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bob n
UKC Forum Member

Great Lakes transport 7347522813

Old Post 09-02-2015 02:03 PM
bob n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bob n Click here to Send bob n a Private Message Click Here to Email bob n Find more posts by bob n Add bob n to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qchounds
UKC Forum Member

I have used 2 guys to transport young pups- Nishna valley 402-612-2446(Scott Hall) and Big Gene 434-942-0156 from Virginia. Both are good guys who will treat your pups right!

Old Post 09-02-2015 06:25 PM
qchounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for qchounds Click here to Send qchounds a Private Message Click Here to Email qchounds Find more posts by qchounds Add qchounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joes reticks
UKC Forum Member

ship

Ship delta air cargo if there litermates they can ride in same crate together saves ton money just have to buy biger crate ...delta air cargo way to go they won't Jack ya around like all these dog haulers on here one time or another will treat ya . also Google your dog haulers full real name lot of um will have records good or bad online of there transactions .

Also 2 tips I Havel learned and I have done it five times put towel in bottom of crait or light news paper beding sometimes if you use straw or shavings they bitch but not all time never been issue on my end but one the dogs I got from NY they requested shreaded newspaper for bedimg sead it was fine when guy put my pup on plain to ... Also here's big one ship dog Mon threw Thursday you will save money vs Friday or sat Friday tho still cheaper then sat sat is higher because faster to make shure your dog don't get there after closing and not be able to be picked up till mon has to be dash shipped .. Another big one I have learned your pups arrival time is spot on butt your pup won't get to the shiping dock for pick up 20 min to an hr after plain lands so don't get in an accident or speeding ticket if you think your going to be few min late to air port you will be fine ... Another thin I will give you idea what it cost NC west for me on sat was right at 480 for big crate and big pup ... Not having to deal whith lying dog haulers price less ..

I actually lost out on two pups onetime because guy woudent ship buy air and I called one the dog haulers on this list above twice to to try get hauls from them one time they had messed up foot other time they sead they didn't come this far west why coudent they just be strate and tell me they didin't want to do first time so I woudent waste my time or there's a second time.

Hope ya can get your the pups . best hauler I have ever used started hunting um for living .also have had good luck whith regular people just going that way that all they wanted was some gas $ not to get rich .

Great hound hunters of the past quotes I like and live buy .
"Its not the legnth off the ears it whats betwen the ears "- lester Nance
" "If you did not see it in the tree it did not happen" -Herb kennedy
" I live to hunt and I hunt to live " - Henry McIntyre

Old Post 09-02-2015 06:44 PM
Joes reticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joes reticks Click here to Send Joes reticks a Private Message Find more posts by Joes reticks Add Joes reticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bob n
Great Lakes transport 7347522813

X2

Old Post 09-02-2015 07:48 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Duckassassin
I heard its just about the same price for a ticket for a person
California to detroit airport 8lb dog $239

Old Post 09-02-2015 09:30 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joes reticks
UKC Forum Member

Re: jmo

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
check with gasserdogs on here

X 2 good man and keeps his word .. He is hunting dogs for public a lot more know then hauling but if you can get him to haul your dog don't hesitate .

also check whith united airlines pet safe seem like worth looking into a buddy told me about um today I downloaded there price per lbs send up to 100 lbs dog and crate combine weight a most places in USA for 460-500 and pups right around 260.OO up to 75 lbs it looked like dog and crate so Lee way for biger pups..

Great hound hunters of the past quotes I like and live buy .
"Its not the legnth off the ears it whats betwen the ears "- lester Nance
" "If you did not see it in the tree it did not happen" -Herb kennedy
" I live to hunt and I hunt to live " - Henry McIntyre

Old Post 09-03-2015 04:05 AM
Joes reticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joes reticks Click here to Send Joes reticks a Private Message Find more posts by Joes reticks Add Joes reticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote