UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Sportsmanship
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ed Hillenbrand
UKC Forum Member

Sportsmanship

I stopped competition hunting 20 years ago. Too many handlers were bending or breaking the rules and it was not enjoyable. I used to joke that it would be awful to get a dog that should be in the hunts. I reluctantly started back in the hunts six months ago. What a change! I have not seen a bad actor in the small hunts or the big hunts. Handlers are finding coon when their dog is not on the tree. Handlers are quick to minus their own dog when it needs it. Everyone is letting the hounds speak for themselves. It is like a pleasure hunt every weekend. I am seeing really nice dogs and meeting really great people. I look forward to the weekends.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2019 11:02 PM
Ed Hillenbrand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Hillenbrand Click here to Send Ed Hillenbrand a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Hillenbrand Find more posts by Ed Hillenbrand Add Ed Hillenbrand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

keep hunting! your mind will change in awhile.

Old Post 06-16-2019 11:32 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

That's good

Last edited by H DOG on 06-17-2019 at 11:32 PM

Old Post 06-16-2019 11:55 PM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sportsmanship

quote:
Originally posted by Ed Hillenbrand
I stopped competition hunting 20 years ago. Too many handlers were bending or breaking the rules and it was not enjoyable. I used to joke that it would be awful to get a dog that should be in the hunts. I reluctantly started back in the hunts six months ago. What a change! I have not seen a bad actor in the small hunts or the big hunts. Handlers are finding coon when their dog is not on the tree. Handlers are quick to minus their own dog when it needs it. Everyone is letting the hounds speak for themselves. It is like a pleasure hunt every weekend. I am seeing really nice dogs and meeting really great people. I look forward to the weekends.

Glad you’re having a good time. As far as Chewbachs statement yes you will have a bad cast for one reason or another from time to time. The good will outweigh the bad keep on hunting and enjoying yourself.

Old Post 06-17-2019 07:15 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sportsmanship

quote:
Originally posted by Ed Hillenbrand

Glad to see you getting bad in the hunts. I just got back into it about 5 or 6 years ago. Out of all the hunts I been in, I only had two hunts that weren't enjoyable. I will not go into any details, because the good out weights the bad greatly. I would say that is very good odds. I have made some friends for life through these hunts.

Old Post 06-17-2019 09:27 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote