UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question forum ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Question forum ?

With some new rules in place and the fact its been a couple years since I have been in a hunt I thought I may need some clarification .
I have seen guys give thier dogs a drink of water from a bottle when walking off the tree Would they be scratched? If not would i be scratched if I gave mine a dog biscuit ?
With the new count down lets say dog A trees for 125 Then 1min. 30 seconds later dog B trees for 75 and then somewhere around 1 minute later dog c trees for 25 (after the 2 min.) you go to the tree and dog B & C are split but yet a exact time was not kept between Dog B & C are we needing to document time between every tree just in case??
Can we run a old style shock collar if we leave the transmitter in the truck?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2020 09:13 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

How about the conceal carry permits can we keep our guns in the truck now that it is legal?

Old Post 01-25-2020 10:10 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

new rules

1. rule 6 Q Praising a handled dog is not considered encouraging.
so if you praise your dog by feeding it a biscuit you're good to go.

2. It might not hurt to keep time on a split tree. If it's my tree I'd break out my stop watch and see.

3. Guns
in the first paragraph in the top left of the scorecard it plainly says no alcoholic beverages, firearms, or drugs.
But in saying that just what concealed and carry means. If it's a concealed gun no one should know you have it on you unless you need it. In which case if I need to use it getting scratched and written up is going to be the last thing on my mind when the hammer drops.

Old Post 01-25-2020 11:23 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Re: new rules

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
1. rule 6 Q Praising a handled dog is not considered encouraging.
so if you praise your dog by feeding it a biscuit you're good to go.

2. It might not hurt to keep time on a split tree. If it's my tree I'd break out my stop watch and see.

3. Guns
in the first paragraph in the top left of the scorecard it plainly says no alcoholic beverages, firearms, or drugs.
But in saying that just what concealed and carry means. If it's a concealed gun no one should know you have it on you unless you need it. In which case if I need to use it getting scratched and written up is going to be the last thing on my mind when the hammer drops.

There is a post. "Who carries a concealed handgun" where UKC says it will never infringe upon a hunters right to carry concealed as long as they are properly permitted. That rule for no firearms is meant for firearms used to kill coon. Gun trading on club grounds, Unlawful carry, or open carry on a cast. I think UKC's response is on the 2nd or 3rd page.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 01-26-2020 at 03:27 AM

Old Post 01-26-2020 03:22 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 01-26-2020 11:24 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Harley Dan That is the post I thought I had seen Thanks

Next coon hunter Thanks you I have not noticed that it said ( While Handled ) I very seldom kill a coon out of season, I give them a dog treat and it doesnt bother them at all !

Old Post 01-28-2020 02:06 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Rule 6 Q

rule 6 scratching offenses
Rule 6 Q For encouraging, discouraging or physically abusing a dog. praising a handled dog is not considered encouraging.

copied that off a 2020 scorecard.

Old Post 01-28-2020 06:44 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote