UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Classified Ad
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Classified Ad

Saw a classified ad that said "Looking for a really good coon dog." I thought "boy ain't we all!!"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2020 03:36 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

HA what a about a ad for looking for a real good coonhunter most people who put those ads on here don't hunt enough to own a good dog anyway including myself.

Old Post 01-18-2020 02:26 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

Lol. Our coon hunting community is fairly small and most of us probably know all of the hunters in our area, by name or reputation. We know pretty much who has a good dog in our area and should a good dog come up for sale, someone local will buy it, Don't need to advertise. I ignore all ads due to this fact, why does someone local not buy the dog if it's that good? Unless it's a pup or started dog, no one should have to advertise a coon dog for sale. COON DOGS are rare and always in demand in whatever area you live in, the better the dog the easier it is to sell local. My thoughts are anyone advertising s coon dog really does not have a coon dog, they just have a average dog that no one local wants to buy. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2020 10:00 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Those are good points Dave, and I'll agree that good ones usually sell without being advertised. But I've sold a couple on the boards over the years that local hunters couldn't afford, and one or two that I wanted out of my country!

Old Post 01-19-2020 01:08 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Cory Highfill

I would buy from you anytime based on your word alone, but you are the exception to the rule. I also, agree there are sometimes good reasons why one may not sell to a local buyer, price is one of the reasons and jealously is another. Lol. Dave

Old Post 01-19-2020 01:28 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

I sold one on here a couple years back that won the Purina race and another that won walker days several more nice dogs never had a complaint there are some nice dogs that sell on this board but I know there are a lot of junk also. What guys can’t understand if you have a pretty decent dog 30 nights in the woods alone will make an extremely nice dog out of it.

Old Post 01-19-2020 02:08 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Herman Bowling

I remember those dogs, yes some like yourself do sell decent dogs, but most are a waste of time and the dogs are average at best. I believe a Red Bone female that won Grand American a couple years back came from you as well. You definitely know a good dog and have owned some good ones. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-19-2020 at 04:39 AM

Old Post 01-19-2020 04:36 AM
bowling
UKC Forum Member

One of the best I ever followed was a red bone they are hard to find I think they are the prettiest dogs that you will ever see there are two of them buried on my place and their collars are still hanging in garage to remind me what a real dog is.

Old Post 01-19-2020 07:58 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Find a real coonhunter and you will usually find a coon treeing type dog

Old Post 01-19-2020 01:40 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote