UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Buck skin plott???
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Buckskin

Every one has choices, but I am of the opinion that color should not matter in any BREED, quality should be what we all want. If you have a truly great buckskin Plott and feel like it can be a positive impact on the BREED you should use the dog in your breeding program. Never be blind based on color, quality counts the most, after all why are you breeding? Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2020 09:28 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I've got one that just turned 2 YO , he is only 1/2 Plott out of the Moses Preacher line and 1 of my Cross bred gyps there were 2 in the litter of 11 , 1 male and 1 female, he is only 1/16 Redbone Solid Buckskin and he is a good un for me. His sire is Amos Moses , I call him Elijah and yes he is a man of the cloth. LOL and S/FI!

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 01-17-2020 02:17 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Chuck Allen may be the king of crossbreeding. Don't think has a dog that is 50% anything. But his dogs tree coon and make him happy. Isn't that what it;s all about anyway? They make dogs because he hunts them and they like him and try to please. Well I guess Elijah is 50% plott.

Old Post 01-17-2020 04:06 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom/Chuck

Now that is what it should be, it should be about the quality. Crossbreed or purebred should not matter when the product performs for what's it's intended to perform. In my younger days we rarely saw a purebred hound in these mountains and you hardly ever seen a dog slick tree, most dogs were very very accurate tree dogs, not so much these days, do we call that progress? I don't, and I will not tolerate a slick treeing dog and accept what some folks call acceptable percentages of 50 to 70 percent accurate. I definitely won't hunt a dog in these mountains that misses 3 to 5 trees out of 10. Dave

Old Post 01-17-2020 04:36 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Plotts

I thought 2 of the dogs von plotts brought with him to start breeding were buckskin also I have been told breeding a redbone to a plotts will not throw a buckskin it takes 2 or 3 generations

Old Post 01-17-2020 07:26 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Plotts

I thought 2 of the dogs von plotts brought with him to start breeding were buckskin also I have been told breeding a redbone to a plotts will not throw a buckskin it takes 2 or 3 generations

Old Post 01-17-2020 07:26 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Tom , there are good dogs and lines in all breeds , but like you and I have discussed many nights and other good folks on here , sometime we have to go outside the Box for overall , physical and mental health. the European Monarchy was so inbred that we had actually had 3 almost double 1st cousins fighting each other in WWI. Russia , England , and Germany. If it stops raining we will go tomorrow night. I'll call you in the afternoon.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 01-18-2020 03:29 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote