UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pups are always interesting!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Pups are always interesting!

Old age seems to have a way of mellowing you out. Being Thankful for what you have and living another day to try and do things better.

Been busy lately and haven't had time to mess with the dogs much. But my buddy had a coon in the cage and between us we have 4 pups that are about 6 months old that have never been messed with.
Well we showed them the coon in the cage first. They sure were not excited. Got an older dog out of the box that barked at the coon. They didn't get anymore excited. Put the old dog up and turned the coon out. The pups watched it stroll off towards the timber and go up a tree. Got the old dog out and she treed it with the pups wondering around looking lost.

The beauty of the night was great. Looking at coon eyes in a tree, even if we put them there was fun.
The ride home was even better with the thoughts of milk and a some pastry waiting on me.

Here is what was accomplished. The pup got to poop in the truck for the first time. We added another coon to our area. i kept a positive attitude and look forward to the next time the pups do nothing. I would be happy with the nothing without the poop.

God, Thank you for allowing me to think I am a Coon Hunter, dog trainer, and breeder of future champions. The dreams sure make up for the reality of the situation.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2020 02:27 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Yup about like looking at your latest high octane prospect barking madley at a 4 ft deep dead end hole under a stump with absolutely nothing I mean nothing in it.

But the air was really thick last night I went to eat Mexican food with mrs tar last night before I went hunting. It hit me later my buddy was 10 yards from me and I tooted wasent a little bit he went to gagging. Scent was heavy last night lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-08-2020 02:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scott pedersen
New UKC Forum Member

Bruce the New antennas you sold me for the alpha are incredible thanks a million for the service. How far are you from Wildwood Florida? Have a friend that goes down there crappie fishing for several months and he was looking for someone to go hunting with

Old Post 01-08-2020 03:00 PM
scott pedersen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scott pedersen Click here to Send scott pedersen a Private Message Click Here to Email scott pedersen Find more posts by scott pedersen Add scott pedersen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Probably 3 hours. Tell him to check out Ga Boys Fish camp. Here in palatka. St johns river, dunns creek and crescent lake access. Great spec fishing. I am a mile from there.

Old Post 01-08-2020 04:27 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Thanks for the post Bruce ,I also have learned that some things are out of our control,if it happens it happens hopefully we will be there to give alittle direction.....thanks again

Old Post 01-08-2020 05:44 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Laura Bell
UKC Forum Member

That's one of the fun things I like about working with pups, everything is right there and its just a matter of messing with them to bring it out.

Old Post 01-08-2020 08:46 PM
Laura Bell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Laura Bell Click here to Send Laura Bell a Private Message Click Here to Email Laura Bell Find more posts by Laura Bell Add Laura Bell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

We got one now that has never been hunted with another dog yet... He treed the first coon he ever seen ...showed it to him he went nuts turned it loose and he treed it he was in and out on tree but stayed. Now he will go alone run anything that leaves scent and to date has treed coon, opossum, squirrel and slicks... Awful toned loud carrying screamy mouth on track but a good clear chop treedog...grandson loves him... I kind of like him...lol ... He has been one of the most aggravating and enjoyable pups we have had in awhile...

Old Post 01-08-2020 09:11 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I released a coon for my six month old pup today. She treed it. I'm excited.

Old Post 01-09-2020 01:39 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Just rub it in shad. LOL At least I treed the one I turned loose. My dog is still wondering why I got excited.

Old Post 01-09-2020 01:38 PM
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

I'm laughing with tears in my eyes while reading this thread. I thought I was the only one who found plenty of fun just watching what a hound will do next, for better or worse. They sure are funny critters. The sheer enjoyment we get from coondogs more than makes up for a few mistakes. My son still talks about the 3-month-old bluetick (my 1st) he ran all around the house looking for because he heard her faintly crying. After searching closets, under beds, outside, the bathtub and even in the laundry hampers he found her...on top of the refrigerator.

Old Post 01-12-2020 10:21 PM
arachyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arachyd Click here to Send arachyd a Private Message Find more posts by arachyd Add arachyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote