UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Coon hunting in the Deep South. You never know.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mikewilson14121
New UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting in the Deep South. You never know.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/M...?sort=3&o=0

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2013 08:21 PM
mikewilson14121 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikewilson14121 Click here to Send mikewilson14121 a Private Message Click Here to Email mikewilson14121 Find more posts by mikewilson14121 Add mikewilson14121 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
outlaw0411
UKC Forum Member

boy here in ga killed one 9ft 11inches 22 rattlers

Old Post 04-28-2013 08:36 PM
outlaw0411 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for outlaw0411 Click here to Send outlaw0411 a Private Message Click Here to Email outlaw0411 Visit outlaw0411's homepage! Find more posts by outlaw0411 Add outlaw0411 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Rattlers

You don't even have to live in the DEEP South.We have rattlers around here that are native to this part of the Virginia called "Cane Break Rattlers". A boy right down the road was showin' me pics the other day of 2 he killed in his driveway on opening day of dove season.They both were nearly the same length 4'-10" long.One had 17 rattles and a button.
Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 04-28-2013 09:57 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Each yr. We have a few less when I see em. Hate em!

Old Post 04-29-2013 01:46 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

snakes are crawling and gators are swimming down here. saw 3 gators in a small pond friday night

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 04-29-2013 02:16 AM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
snakes are crawling and gators are swimming down here. saw 3 gators in a small pond friday night
Any bigguns in that pond? I should be able to get another gator tag this yr. We will kill it.

Old Post 04-29-2013 02:18 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

small 5 to 6 foot. We are eat up with gators down here and they don't give near enough tags for them. I have seen some sure monsters on lake seminole

Old Post 04-29-2013 05:33 AM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

On Face Book right now there is a guy that was Turkey Hunting and didn't wear his snake boots and had on Muck boots and got struck. His leg looks pretty bad and his description on what he did has me changing the way I look at things. He is lucky to be alive and I Pray for his continued recovery.

Old Post 04-29-2013 01:50 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bullrider25
UKC Forum Member

snake

Bruce, what is the name of the guy on facebook who got bit, I would like to check that out, thanks.

Old Post 04-29-2013 10:52 PM
bullrider25 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bullrider25 Click here to Send bullrider25 a Private Message Click Here to Email bullrider25 Find more posts by bullrider25 Add bullrider25 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Bruce is that the one that used a snake bite kit? Im thinking of getting a few of them.

Old Post 04-30-2013 01:24 AM
MATTY G
UKC Forum Member

My hats of to you southern boys, Id quit..I like it up here no snakes or gators.

Old Post 04-30-2013 02:59 PM
MATTY G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MATTY G Click here to Send MATTY G a Private Message Find more posts by MATTY G Add MATTY G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Emily
UKC Forum Member

Here in the Catskills, we have timber rattlers. They are an endangered species and we aren't supposed to kill them. If you brag about killing one, you lose your hunting license and worse. I've never seen one at night (it gets cold at night here and they tend to den up to stay warm) but I have seen them while bear hunting during the day.
Once, when the dogs were out and I was walking along a narrow game trail, there was one as thick as a strong man's arm and maybe six feet long, sunning itself across the trail with thick brush on either side. It was impossible to walk around. My hounds came into me, but I didn't want them leaping over the snake. They were booger barking at it. The rattler had just shed, and was so pale it took me a few seconds to recognize it for what it was. It didn't seem very interested in us and finally moved off sluggishly after I threw pebbles at it for awhile. I sure was glad to get home with both hounds safe that day!

Old Post 04-30-2013 03:19 PM
Emily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Emily Click here to Send Emily a Private Message Click Here to Email Emily Find more posts by Emily Add Emily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slobbermouth21
Banned

I had a velvet tail rattler hit me on the calf while coin hunting a few years ago hunting in Montgomery county...felt like a baseball bat hit me..luckily I had my Dan snake chaps on..THEY WORK!! Haha

Old Post 04-30-2013 05:11 PM
slobbermouth21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slobbermouth21 Click here to Send slobbermouth21 a Private Message Click Here to Email slobbermouth21 Find more posts by slobbermouth21 Add slobbermouth21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Coooerheads are by far the worst around here. I kill 10-20 of them a yr. Most every year. Looks like Id eventually get em all.

Old Post 04-30-2013 11:40 PM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

the diamondbacks are moving here in the southeast portion of georgia. put 20 large copperheads in one of these things. nasty nasty when they bite, that is if you don't see them first.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 05-01-2013 12:29 AM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
the diamondbacks are moving here in the southeast portion of georgia. put 20 large copperheads in one of these things. nasty nasty when they bite, that is if you don't see them first.
They claim they are in southwest ga on our land. I've never seen one. Seen lots of timber rattles. I've never saw a copperhead there either. I think they must not like sand. Either way. I don't discriminate when it comes killing time lol.

Old Post 05-01-2013 01:43 AM
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

Don't see copperheads down here and never seen a diamond back. Plenty of Timbers though. Back home in N.Carolina Copperheads are BAD

Old Post 05-01-2013 03:01 AM
Plott55
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
They claim they are in southwest ga on our land. I've never seen one. Seen lots of timber rattles. I've never saw a copperhead there either. I think they must not like sand. Either way. I don't discriminate when it comes killing time lol.

My Motto===I've Never seen a RattleSnake to big to kill and i've never seen one little enough to catch!!!! Also; you can make a noise like a gun shooting and alligators will leave a pond and NEVER come back. If there's a bunch they want all leave at one time but just keep making that noise and they will go one by one!!!!!

The Ole Plott Man

Old Post 05-01-2013 03:25 AM
Plott55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Plott55 Click here to Send Plott55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Plott55 Find more posts by Plott55 Add Plott55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

new one on me about running off gators. Don't know about running them off, but I do know they will eat a dog.

Old Post 05-01-2013 05:52 AM
justus
UKC Forum Member

Both these are 50+ we are eat up with copperheads usually kills couple a nite in the summer have killed up to 7 copperheads in one nite . I live in Mtns ov VA In Buchanan Co

GrNite-Queen of Diamonds-(GrNite TnT's Smokeman-Lesters Queen)

TK'S Turkey Cocks Slinger-(GrNite-Charlie Brown-GrNite-Queen of Diamons

Diamonds 14k-(GrNite-Days hardwood Lonzo-GrNite-Queen of Diamonds

Old Post 05-01-2013 10:17 AM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishbuddy
UKC Forum Member

yall can have ole NO SHOULDERS AND OLE GATERS I can deal with the yotes !!!!!

Wilson you your gettin HI-Tech loadin pictures and all !!!!!

Old Post 05-01-2013 11:38 AM
englishbuddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishbuddy Click here to Send englishbuddy a Private Message Find more posts by englishbuddy Add englishbuddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
new one on me about running off gators. Don't know about running them off, but I do know they will eat a dog.
First you need to make those little chirping noises. Call em all in. Then make the gun noise. Wanna make sure to get em all gone. They bout like a wolf out west. Why on erf a gator is protected is beyond me. SSS

Old Post 05-01-2013 12:25 PM
Ryan J
UKC Forum Member

No I like Iowa way better I have been hunting in snake areas not my deal.

Old Post 05-01-2013 03:50 PM
Ryan J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan J Click here to Send Ryan J a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan J Find more posts by Ryan J Add Ryan J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That Dog
UKC Forum Member

I don't do snakes horrafide of them. But I generally see a tone of rattlers and copperheads every year but u know u leave it be it'll leave u be hopefully. Like I tell everyone only good snakes a dead snake. But I've never been near no gators so idk about them they're wiley though I do know. But hopefully everyone will be safe doin what it is you do in the woods and hope no one gets bite or hurt.

Old Post 05-01-2013 05:52 PM
That Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for That Dog Click here to Send That Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email That Dog Find more posts by That Dog Add That Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote