UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pup shots
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Pup shots

I just acquired a 6 month old pup and the previous owner said he didnt think it had had its shots. So I'm wondering what shots I should give the pup? There is so many like a 5 way 6 way 7 way 9 way and a 10 way. So which shot would you reccomend I give it. I always give 2 5 ways to my pups spaced 3 weeks apart but not sure if I should just go ahead and give this pup something different or just stick to the 5 ways?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-2021 09:41 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benderb4
Banned

5 way are puppy shots without leptos.
hunting dogs or any that come in contact where any wild animal has been requires it.
the others are all different optional that do not have all the virus the
10 way offers.
if it were mine.because it has never had any I would get 2 ----10 ways two weeks apart ...a third one a month later then a year later another 10 way which should be good to go

Best get a Rabies asap.... most states are now requiring them at 4 months old.
Then at 1year or so later another Rabies that should then be good for 3 years

Everyone have different ideas but this is just a suggestion and are the way I would do

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Last edited by benderb4 on 01-11-2021 at 10:20 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-2021 10:18 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote