UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > For all you tough guys!
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

For all you tough guys!

For all the tough guys out there that think this Covid is a joke come get you some... lol
Whew😞

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2020 02:38 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Covid

Just had two heart valves replaced, I'll let some other tuff guy have mine!! JesseJ

Old Post 11-21-2020 04:59 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

The current POTUS said hardly anybody gets it........just before he was hospitalized for covid...........hmmmmmmm

Old Post 11-21-2020 05:32 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: For all you tough guys!

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
For all the tough guys out there that think this Covid is a joke come get you some... lol
Whew😞

Lol TOUGH or STUPID? No thanks on my part. Dave

Old Post 11-21-2020 06:43 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

Been there done that the Lord sure helped it not to be to bad but man o man fo not want a second round for sure I thought I had felt ruff before nope that was a different ride

Old Post 11-21-2020 08:21 PM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJ SPANGLER
UKC Forum Member

COVID

I just got over it this is no joke. i would have had to feel better to die

Old Post 11-21-2020 08:39 PM
PJ SPANGLER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PJ SPANGLER Click here to Send PJ SPANGLER a Private Message Click Here to Email PJ SPANGLER Find more posts by PJ SPANGLER Add PJ SPANGLER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Lots of lies in this thread, understandably since the mainstream media has been lying about it since the beginning.

Is it real? Yes it is. Here is the actual data though. As of the last time I looked it up the NORMAL FLU was 10 TIMES more likely to put your kid in the hospital than Covid and 5 TIMES more likely to kill your kid than Covid. That's the facts. End of story.

It reverses with older age. It is more dangerous the older you get.

I had it, my entire family had it. We are now immune. That is not debatable unless you are the POTUS and then they will try so hard to say you are wrong. He was right.

So he was also correct when he stated the kids were not the problem. They are not.

I never do this but in this instance I will. For the record I am a board certified Surgeon, critical care and trauma trained and I am an instructor for ATLS which is from the American College of Surgeons. I am also the Chief of Surgery and the Chief of Staff for my hospital.

I take care of patients every day with covid and my family had it.

The CDC is clear. The definition of exposure is 15 minutes or more within 6 feet WITH NO MASK.

These people with their hair on fire screaming mask, mask, mask are just as stupid as the people that say it doesn't exist. Yes I said that and meant it as someone that takes care of patients with Covid every single day. There is a time and a place for masks and it is not outside, in your car, in your home or anywhere you are not going to be 15 minutes or longer.

Why do I say this? Because I am a surgeon. I operate on people every day to actually SAVE LIVES and my hospital is having trouble getting masks. My office can NOT get a mask even though I do surgery in the office at times because we are not big enough. Thanks to the hair on fire crowd liberals screaming mask, mask, mask in spite of not needing them according to the data and science I need them and can't get them meanwhile they are laying all over the parking lot where people that don't need them used them needlessly.

Is Covid real? Absolutely but it has an extremely high survival rate. There is NO MEDICAL NEED to go off the deep end and it is STUPID to say it's not a big deal and it is not real. The truth is in the middle but our MSM who get their instructions from the DNC have used this to be fearmongers in order to manipulate an election.

As a physician who treats everyone as if they were my family this makes me sick.

Old Post 11-22-2020 02:49 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

100,000 other's doctors are wrong and your the right one........hmmmmmmm. Thank God for second opinions glad you men are recovering ....

Last edited by Cotton 1927 on 11-22-2020 at 03:03 AM

Old Post 11-22-2020 03:01 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Cotton 1927
100,000 other's doctors are wrong and your the right one........hmmmmmmm. Thank God for second opinions glad you men are recovering ....

No 100,000 doctors don't agree. Most are where I am but we are not politicians and we take care of our patients. The great majority agree with me and we are NOT members of the AMA.

But yes I am right 100% no question about it.

Take that as you will but the hair on fire crowd are idiots as are the it's nothing crowd.

That is just a medical fact.

You can look it up yourself if you want on the CDC website.

I happen to be an actual doctor that has had the disease and currently am taking care of positive patients every day.

The news media is FOS. Period end of story.

Last edited by Rip on 11-22-2020 at 04:01 AM

Old Post 11-22-2020 03:58 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Like I said thank God for second opinions .......And where's all the ( lots of lies in this thread) you saying all the above are lying about being sick?

Last edited by Cotton 1927 on 11-22-2020 at 04:22 AM

Old Post 11-22-2020 04:18 AM
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Respectfully disagree

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
Lots of lies in this thread, understandably since the mainstream media has been lying about it since the beginning.

Is it real? Yes it is. Here is the actual data though. As of the last time I looked it up the NORMAL FLU was 10 TIMES more likely to put your kid in the hospital than Covid and 5 TIMES more likely to kill your kid than Covid. That's the facts. End of story.

It reverses with older age. It is more dangerous the older you get.

I had it, my entire family had it. We are now immune. That is not debatable unless you are the POTUS and then they will try so hard to say you are wrong. He was right.

So he was also correct when he stated the kids were not the problem. They are not.

I never do this but in this instance I will. For the record I am a board certified Surgeon, critical care and trauma trained and I am an instructor for ATLS which is from the American College of Surgeons. I am also the Chief of Surgery and the Chief of Staff for my hospital.

I take care of patients every day with covid and my family had it.

The CDC is clear. The definition of exposure is 15 minutes or more within 6 feet WITH NO MASK.

These people with their hair on fire screaming mask, mask, mask are just as stupid as the people that say it doesn't exist. Yes I said that and meant it as someone that takes care of patients with Covid every single day. There is a time and a place for masks and it is not outside, in your car, in your home or anywhere you are not going to be 15 minutes or longer.

Why do I say this? Because I am a surgeon. I operate on people every day to actually SAVE LIVES and my hospital is having trouble getting masks. My office can NOT get a mask even though I do surgery in the office at times because we are not big enough. Thanks to the hair on fire crowd liberals screaming mask, mask, mask in spite of not needing them according to the data and science I need them and can't get them meanwhile they are laying all over the parking lot where people that don't need them used them needlessly.

Is Covid real? Absolutely but it has an extremely high survival rate. There is NO MEDICAL NEED to go off the deep end and it is STUPID to say it's not a big deal and it is not real. The truth is in the middle but our MSM who get their instructions from the DNC have used this to be fearmongers in order to manipulate an election.

As a physician who treats everyone as if they were my family this makes me sick.

I’m having trouble finding the lies in this thread as well 🤔
This virus doesn’t discriminate. Don’t make a 10min stop and leave your mask in the car.
Wear your mask guys. Don’t be stupid.
Walmart shelves around here are loaded with surgical masks but the hospitals still can’t get them...🤔

Old Post 11-22-2020 07:11 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Ding Ding Donnies Cult said the Virus would be over Nov. 4th. Well it is has gotten worse each and will continue until this do nothing adminisration is removed. I guess all the trucks loaded with dead bodies is a hoax. America will never forgive the Republican Cult failure to Act on this Trump Virus!

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 11-22-2020 09:13 AM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anderson Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Only the strong survive that is how it has been since time began.And anyone that thinks this is Trump's fault is a retard.

Old Post 11-22-2020 10:08 AM
Anderson Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anderson Kennel Click here to Send Anderson Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Anderson Kennel Find more posts by Anderson Kennel Add Anderson Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

I don't think RIP is in no way discounting Covid as not being real. He made that pretty clear if you can read and understand grammar. Everybody knows it is real and it does kill people in some cases. I think what he is saying is that it has been HIGHLY POLITICIZED by LIBERALS, the same as they politicize everything. That is the part that is lowdown about it, using something that can kill someone for political gain. Trump never told anyone not to wear a mask that I can recall. He just figures people might have common sense enough to take care of themselves without government having to tell them every move to make and people have done just that for over 200 years now in this country. Trump worked hard and pushed private sector companies hard to create and make ventilators, medical supplies, medicine available to states that the previous administration had let dwindle down to nothing. Trump also pushed for a vaccine that liberals and all of the professionals said couldn't be done as quickly as it has been. Trump didn't always tickle your ears when he talked but he worked hard and got things accomplished while Joe was peeping out his basement. Bottom line is unless Joe shuts down the country and bankrupts everybody. besides maybe making a mask mandate, he will not and cannot do anymore about this virus than Trump has and everybody knows it.......and another thing it's a tough sale trying to convince half the country liberals are so distraught and concerned over a couple hundred thousand people dying when they do over half million abortions per year. You might sale somebody that car but not me.

*NT.CH. MOSES' RUGGED RIDGE POACHER*

*GR.NT.CH. MOSES' PRETTYBOY POACHER*

*FCH CH GRNITECH SHATLEY LOBO*

http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 11-22-2020 at 12:16 PM

Old Post 11-22-2020 11:40 AM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Covid

Ya know, there is no doubt that Covid is and can be deadly, but I'll be ****ed if I am gonna let it control my life. If I were to get Covid and die, then, in my opinion, that is what the Good Lord wants. I,first and foremost, believe in THAT a whole lot more than what ANY politician tells me. May God Bless us all. Rob

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 11-22-2020 12:05 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I will defend RIP here. Side note. I always thought RIP was an excellent nick name for a Doctor. LOL RIP has been on this UKC Board since he was in high school. I have grown old with his sharing of knowledge on here. I think his frustration with Covid and the Worlds view of it got the best of him when he said this thread was full of lies. I don't think there was nothing but statements from those that have it and those that don't want it. With that said I enjoyed RIP's point of view from an educated man in the field of healing people.

RIP has brought a lot of educated sense and common sense to this board for many, many years. I Pray for all of us that the present situation with our World turns around. The Good Book I read suggest different.

Old Post 11-22-2020 12:29 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

My whole family had it, but it was not bad at all. Felt poor for a couple of days and we were back at it. It affects people differently. It has swept through our whole community and school, nobody has been hospitalized that I know of.

Old Post 11-22-2020 12:47 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BEST EVER
Ding Ding Donnies Cult said the Virus would be over Nov. 4th. Well it is has gotten worse each and will continue until this do nothing adminisration is removed. I guess all the trucks loaded with dead bodies is a hoax. America will never forgive the Republican Cult failure to Act on this Trump Virus!

Wow.

Old Post 11-22-2020 12:52 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Albert Fulton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Cotton 1927

Agree completely.

Last edited by Albert Fulton on 11-22-2020 at 02:00 PM

Old Post 11-22-2020 01:57 PM
Albert Fulton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Albert Fulton Click here to Send Albert Fulton a Private Message Click Here to Email Albert Fulton Find more posts by Albert Fulton Add Albert Fulton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Whenever you see someone start there post calling other folks liers,POS IDIOTS, there credibility is out the window for me, RIP comes accross like a real professional ...................

Old Post 11-22-2020 02:13 PM
wart
UKC Forum Member

Help

Thanks rip for being on the Frontline along with nurses and others without people like you working long hours and treating everyone we would be in terrible shape. THANKS

Old Post 11-22-2020 02:28 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I will defend RIP here. Side note. I always thought RIP was an excellent nick name for a Doctor. LOL RIP has been on this UKC Board since he was in high school. I have grown old with his sharing of knowledge on here. I think his frustration with Covid and the Worlds view of it got the best of him when he said this thread was full of lies. I don't think there was nothing but statements from those that have it and those that don't want it. With that said I enjoyed RIP's point of view from an educated man in the field of healing people.

RIP has brought a lot of educated sense and common sense to this board for many, many years. I Pray for all of us that the present situation with our World turns around. The Good Book I read suggest different.

You are correct I shouldn't have said "lots of lies". The one that set me off was

"The current POTUS said hardly anybody gets it........just before he was hospitalized for covid...........hmmmmmmm"

That's not just not true. Maybe I should have called it "misinformation" instead of a lie because a lie has to be intentional and I had no way of knowing if that misinformation was intentional or not. I should not have done that.

I am frustrated that the idiots don't think people are smart enough to know when to wear a mask so instead of giving the CDC guidelines they scream masks everywhere all the time and because of this neither the hospital nor I can get masks and I know they are wasted.

The hysteria generated has caused people to freak out. It was so bad I had to go live weekly just to calm our community down and explain what a virus can and can't do. There were people turning in kids for riding bikes and I had to explain that the virus can't jump from the road to your house.

Hysteria is not good and this virus has been exaggerated to the point of being dangerous. People wonder why there are still people that think "it's no big deal"? Its easy to know, because people run around hysterically acting like you can catch it just from walking by people and then they realize that their community hasn't been hit that hard or everyone they know got it and got over it fine. They have been screaming "Fire" to the point that it is actually CAUSING people to go the other direction.

Like I said there is a time and a place for masks. It is when you CAN NOT socially distance. It is for when you are forced to be in close quarters for 15 minutes or longer with people that are not part of your household. It's that simple.

Even Fauci explained it that way once on CNN and a viewer called in and asked him about contact tracing an employee at a store. He stated that he would NOT because it was low risk and there wouldn't be enough exposure to warrant that. Then he explained that running into the store and getting a "box of chips" was low risk and then started talking about different situations until he finally got to you and your buddy hanging out all day you would get it.

So yes, I am frustrated and every other doctor that I know is frustrated because of the hysteria generated for no good reason. Watching people freak out about someone not wearing a mask when they really didn't need a mask for that task. Watching idiotic government officials actually generate MORE exposure to cops forcing them to GET WITHIN 6 FEET to confront or write a ticket to someone for not wearing a mask OUTSIDE where it's not needed (aside from the obvious crowded situation where you can't stay away from someone). Not being able to get the equipment I need for my patients while it is being wasted and thrown on the ground outside of the quick stop.

We are frustrated with a media that can't understand the science of the disease screaming fire and putting out bad information scaring people for no reason and then somehow people look to them for their information and think they are correct instead of listening to the doctors that actually do this every day.

And finally, fielding calls from patients, family and friends that are freaked out about potentially coming into contact thinking they are going to catch it and possibly die because the news told them it was a death sentence despite the fact that the death rate is so low.

So yes we are frustrated and that above set me off because it was more misinformation.

The best thing you can do for this disease is to stay away from people and wash your hands. That is still the #1 thing you can do to protect yourself.

If you CAN'T do that then wear a mask to lower your risk.

Last edited by Rip on 11-22-2020 at 02:46 PM

Old Post 11-22-2020 02:30 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

OMG don't you guys get enough of the sky is falling on TV. Check the stats on lung cancer, heart attacks, the flu.

Old Post 11-22-2020 03:13 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

The flu has a season and it has been around for a while so we do have a certain amount of immunity to it it seems...

Covid 19 seems to be more contagious and does not have a season...

For every 100 people that is known to get infected 1.33 on average will die and they will die alone...

Initially when looking at the trend of the infection rate it was slightly low as would be expected...

As the infection rate increased we as a country implemented measures to turn down the infection rate...and when it turned down everyone got happy and started lifting the restrictions...we raised restrictions at a higher level than when we first implemented them...that was a red flag...

But there is a balance we must maintain...we must balance the economy while at the same time controlling COVID-19...

What was and is alarming to me is that the restrictions were lifted from a higher number of the infected folks base line...so now the infection rate will grow exponentially...by leaps and bounds...just look at the trends...

Let’s say that out of every 100 people that get infected 10 be hospitalized and 1.33 of those will die...

If the infection rate starts growing exponentially the hospitals will become overpopulated quite a bit more than now and rapidly...the quality of care will fall because the medical staff will be understaffed and overworked not to mention the lack of medical supplies...

I have had a young and healthy friend die from Covid-19 and a few friends of friends and more...

My biggest fear is the probability of the exponential growth...the holiday season is upon us and let’s see what happens...GOD help us...

Old Post 11-22-2020 04:27 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Sept 22, Ohio and I Quote ( Hardly affects anyone but the elderly) end of quote , October 2 the current POSTUS WAS hospitalized with covid , watch it yourself his lips his words, his rally, I'll say this one TIME then I won't apologize or back track,flip flop, blame it on spellcheck,my wife made me say it,and all the rest of those stories,I'm anti lying,being dishonest,being disrespectful ,name calling , I never said that, he never said that, etc etc,etc,if your lips are moving you better be speaking the truth, ..........that seems to be in short supply on both sides these days.....Cotton 1927

Old Post 11-22-2020 05:56 PM