UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > kennel cough
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

kennel cough

I have a dog that is regularly ... .clearing his throat... best way to describe it, nor really a loud or hard cough.. but more like a light cough- like he is clearing his throat. Is this what people see when dogs have kennel cough?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-07-2021 09:08 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houseofquality
UKC Forum Member

Kennel cough they cough all the time and it will get deeper the longer it goes and it will spread to others .first thing to do is stop the cough get some regular cough styrup and give a teaspoon couple times a day and then u can vaccinate .this what bet told me yrs ago.dont use the cough med with codeine he wrote a script for me

Old Post 01-08-2021 01:00 AM
houseofquality is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houseofquality Click here to Send houseofquality a Private Message Click Here to Email houseofquality Visit houseofquality's homepage! Find more posts by houseofquality Add houseofquality to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Did he just start it? This is also a sign of heart worms.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-08-2021 03:41 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

And heart failure mine just died due to grain free dogfood.

Old Post 01-08-2021 11:47 AM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Henry
UKC Forum Member

?

quote:
Originally posted by River Birch Run
And heart failure mine just died due to grain free dogfood.
why do you think it was for grain free food?

NITECH 'PR' River Has Rizen
GRNITECH 'PR' Nowhere Hardware

Old Post 01-08-2021 02:39 PM
Josh Henry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Henry Click here to Send Josh Henry a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Henry Find more posts by Josh Henry Add Josh Henry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

Dog was 6 yrs old. Found the FDA report on the 512 dogs that were reported to them. There were 43 dogs on the list that were feeding 4 health dogfood. Over 30 were were fed the Beef and potato which is what my dog was on his whole life after puppy food. The dogs are suffering from lack of Taurine which supports the heart and causes heart failure. The avg age of the 512 dogs showing heart failure is 6.6 yrs old. In 40 yrs the youngest i've had a dog pass was 10 yrs old most have been 12 to 14 till this wed. The rest of my hunting dogs are on 4 health as well my but not grain free. My to house dogs are on grain free, one sensitive skin and the other sensitive stomach. They are 9 and 10 yrs old but have only been on them about 2 yrs. I didn't see any dogs on the list on those foods but I will be taking them to the vet to have there Taurine levels tested.

Old Post 01-08-2021 03:09 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

WORMS

1. Coughing
One of the most common symptoms of worms in dogs is coughing. Coughing is often a sign of heartworms but can also be a symptom of hookworms and roundworms.

Dogs with heartworms will have a dry and persistent cough, unlike a normal cough that is strong and infrequent. During the early stage of heartworms, your dog may cough after exercising. This is because the heartworm parasites are migrating into the lungs, thus creating a blockage of oxygenated blood.

Similar to heartworms, dogs with roundworms will begin coughing as the roundworm larvae migrate to the lungs. As for dogs with hookworms, coughing will be a symptom only if the case is severe.

If your dog is coughing more frequently and weakly, it’s important to consult a vet immediately. Many cases of worms in dogs can be very serious and sometimes even fatal.

Old Post 01-08-2021 10:35 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

worms

If your dog is in the habit of eating rabbit **** , I would suspect the dog is getting worms from the rabbit ****.

Old Post 01-10-2021 10:20 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote