UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > "Oak Mountain Frito" - UKC Performance Sire
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

"Oak Mountain Frito"

Frito is a nicely balanced dog that is just plain fun to hunt night after night. He trees coons consistently in my thin coon hunting area and has performed well in competition in multiple states.

He started at a young age with a well rounded set of skills and is still improving his strengths. He is far from perfect but all told there's not much about him I would change.

---------GRNTCH GCH ALL GRAND TRACKMAN
-----GRNTCH GCH COLD SWEAT
---------GRNTCH SPEARS HIGHLAND STYLISH FAMOUS
PKC CH, AKC CNC, UKC GRNITCH ‘PR’ OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO DOB 4/15/07 (Breeder: James River Kennels, Ft. Ransom, ND)
---------GRNTCH FLETCHER’S STYLISH JAKE
-----NTCH TWINCREEK STYLISH ROXY
---------GRNTCH MATHIS’ MANIAC GIRL

July 20, 2008 -16 months old, covered with slobber and mud, treed alone by Lee Lake, TM Region, 1.5 miles from the road with the meat! He'll make you walk but will not often disappoint you when you get to his tree.

Last edited by Rick Ennen on 04-24-2013 at 03:35 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2010 01:19 AM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Frito's not just a pretty face. He also has a good, horn bawl mouth, throws in some chops as the track heats up, locates with two or three loud dying bawls, and finishes with a hard chop.

October 2009

Last edited by Rick Ennen on 02-02-2010 at 04:06 AM

Old Post 01-26-2010 01:05 AM
Rick Ennen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Ennen Click here to Send Rick Ennen a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Ennen Find more posts by Rick Ennen Add Rick Ennen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bozzman
UKC Forum Member

RICK, THATS A FINE LOOKIN HOUND YOU HAVE.

A DIRECT SON OF WLDNITECH GRNITECH X JR. AND GRNITECH VALLEY CREEK CANDY ( 10th place ukc world 2009)( top 100 UKC world 2010)
GRNITECH BAYOU BOTTOM NOCTURNAL STOPPER
CH GRNITECH STYLISH BAYOU BOTTOM GIRL(08 UKC TOP 100)
PR AYRES FULL THROTTLE (BRUNO X GIRL )
NITECH PR HARRY FOCKER ( HARRY SEMEN x GRNITECH STYlISH CHEYANNA )

Old Post 01-26-2010 01:08 AM
bozzman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bozzman Click here to Send bozzman a Private Message Click Here to Email bozzman Find more posts by bozzman Add bozzman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbrigham
UKC Forum Member

What a looker!

641-326-2200

Old Post 01-26-2010 08:32 PM
cbrigham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbrigham Click here to Send cbrigham a Private Message Click Here to Email cbrigham Find more posts by cbrigham Add cbrigham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

ol frito is a dandy. he fires hard , and is action packed . he will tree one under your nose , or bust in there a mile . he will tree about any kind of coon track there is. he has a real good mouth, and a locate that will blow your mind.frito is a front end track driving type of dog that forces coons to climb...
...i have started 6 pups out of the same cross as frito and all of them started natural. frito is out of an exceptional cross.

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 01-27-2010 02:21 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Dailey
UKC Forum Member

Them to pics are pretty darn neet.

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Ennen
Frito started at 6 months old. His first night in the woods was 10/16/07. He left me and went into the woods with my old female. She opened close by and Frito immediately struck with her, bawling loudly. He never stopped tracking until he sat with her under a coon a few minutes later. He didn’t tree much but didn’t leave it either. He was 6 months and 1 day old that night.

I hunted Frito a couple more times over the next couple weeks. He treed twice: splitting one time, and barked treed about 30 minutes on another tree with my female. He treed hard for a pup. On 11/09/07, I took him for a walk alone through the woods and he struck and treed his own coon. He was still 6 months old.

Thanksgiving 2007, I cut Frito and my female toward a frozen pond and they went opposite directions on tracks. My female turned around and headed back. Frito had already treed a little coon by himself on a snag (see below), and she split treed a short distance away. He went wild!

Frito, 7 months old, split treed, 11/21/07

A close up of Frito under same coon

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/cjd_daa/IM000059.jpg

Old Post 02-01-2010 04:37 PM
Chris Dailey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dailey Click here to Send Chris Dailey a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dailey Find more posts by Chris Dailey Add Chris Dailey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbrigham
UKC Forum Member

Rick I hunted with Curt and Sweat down in Alabama this weekend at a AKC hunt. In the swamp pouring rain and sweat was high scoring dog.

641-326-2200

Old Post 02-02-2010 11:34 PM
cbrigham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbrigham Click here to Send cbrigham a Private Message Click Here to Email cbrigham Find more posts by cbrigham Add cbrigham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Frito is at his best when collecting hides all by himself in the woods. When by himself, he slows down a little and puts a coon at the end of almost every track, hot or cold. He's not perfect in competition but is okay. His strengths in competition are: getting struck quickly, track driving ability and having the coon most of the time. If I stretch the truth on him my hunt buddies will put me back in line so I'll just state the facts.

Comp Hunts: Jan -Oct 2009

January – 7th place, PKC Jewett Classic Pup Derby, Texas
Feb-April – no hunts entered
May – 1st Place (tie), AKC Shelby County, IN
June – 1st Place, UKC ND CHA (550+, 0-)
July – 1st Place, AKC ND CHA
August – 1st Place, UKC RQE ND CHA
August – 1st Place, AKC Black Gold ND CHA
Sep-Oct – a few hunts but no wins

Qualified Fall SS 2008, 2009
Qualified UKC World 2009
Qualified AKC World 2010
Qualified AKC Black Gold 2010
Qualified AKC National 2010

He needs one cast win for an AKC NTCH title.

Last edited by Rick Ennen on 03-02-2010 at 11:40 PM

Old Post 02-04-2010 01:07 AM
Ryan T
UKC Forum Member

I have a female out of the last cross and she enjoys stretching cats in the yard. A ball of fire for a 4 month pup.

Old Post 02-04-2010 06:40 PM
Ryan T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan T Click here to Send Ryan T a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan T Find more posts by Ryan T Add Ryan T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moonshinerSD
UKC Forum Member

frito

how about that frito dog,nice hound

Old Post 02-08-2010 04:33 AM
moonshinerSD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moonshinerSD Click here to Send moonshinerSD a Private Message Click Here to Email moonshinerSD Find more posts by moonshinerSD Add moonshinerSD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

super nice lookin dog, i have a pup off cornell and female off of henry and GRNITEstylish lady di. its my first time trying this blood.

good luck with frito

Daniel Wilson

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 02-09-2010 05:27 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

frito

boys theres another fine looking walker dog well bred too ty chuck west

Old Post 02-10-2010 07:06 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Ennen
Thanks for the well wish, Dan. The bloodline makes for nice looking treedogs. Good luck with yours.

I see you're from IN. I plan to enter Frito in the AKC national hunt in Greensburg in May.

It will be good to get out after this long winter.

yes sir, up north around wyatt! we been tryin to get some huntin done even in this cold! but it just dont do the dogs any good

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 02-10-2010 07:13 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Grit: unyielding courage in the face of hardship or danger.

August 24, 2007. 16 months old. Alone and treed with the meat. This pic says it best.

Old Post 02-18-2010 02:52 PM
jatmorris
UKC Forum Member

Wow

You dont get no better than that.

Old Post 02-18-2010 03:02 PM
jatmorris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jatmorris Click here to Send jatmorris a Private Message Find more posts by jatmorris Add jatmorris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moonshinerSD
UKC Forum Member

mouth

rick ,joe the plumbers mouth ,reminds me of frito's mouth, he is down in texas with hammie now ,he says he has too much tree! time will tell how he finishes out like. jim

Old Post 02-23-2010 01:13 AM
moonshinerSD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moonshinerSD Click here to Send moonshinerSD a Private Message Click Here to Email moonshinerSD Find more posts by moonshinerSD Add moonshinerSD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

NTCH Frito

Weatherman promised warmer weather for last night but lied. We've not had a single thaw yet this winter. Last night it was 10 degrees or less and clear under the moon by the time I sent Frito into the timber alone.

He worked a cornfield and then dropped over the bluff into the MO river bottom and pushed deeper and deeper into the timber. When the Garmin read something over 3/4 of a mile I decided to walk back to the Jeep and try to drive a little closer. Didn't hear a sound out of him up to that point.

I drove the road a good distance and got out to hear him hammering the wood way back in the timber. I grinned wide and loaded the gun when I realized he was treed in a stretch of woods made up mostly of ash and small oak trees.

Strapped on my Tubbs because going over the bluff meant 10+ feet of snow to cross with over 2 feet of powder back in the timber.

A tree dog doing it track dog style.

Last edited by Rick Ennen on 03-03-2010 at 11:56 PM

Old Post 02-27-2010 03:33 PM
kappa
UKC Forum Member

Impressive dog work in difficult conditions.

Old Post 02-27-2010 03:48 PM
kappa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kappa Click here to Send kappa a Private Message Find more posts by kappa Add kappa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aka the hoss
UKC Forum Member

good looking dog the best of luck to ya

Old Post 03-01-2010 12:54 AM
aka the hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aka the hoss Click here to Send aka the hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email aka the hoss Find more posts by aka the hoss Add aka the hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

I run a hunting log every year on my dogs to get some idea what they are treeing and a record of where we hunted. This year I'm going to expand the log to include information on tracks finished and will post a monthly summary starting the end of March.

However brutal it may be at times -we'll all get to see Frito's game score in the woods!

Snow's about gone now and the river is open. Time to hunt. Frito got on a runner the other night and caught him under a small tree that had been torn off the river bank by a big slab of vertical ice. The ice was still in place and that missouri river sure looks extra big and ugly at night. That's the only part of coon hunting I don't like.

Old Post 03-24-2010 04:42 PM
BAWL_TRACK
UKC Forum Member

hey buddy im just here to tell you man,,,,,,,,, you better not worry bout anything else as buying other males you better just stick with the frito dog there very **** few dogs that would of did in the water very few lol an better not get rid of him cause you wouldnt find another few fast as deturmend as he is

Old Post 03-24-2010 06:12 PM
BAWL_TRACK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAWL_TRACK Click here to Send BAWL_TRACK a Private Message Click Here to Email BAWL_TRACK Find more posts by BAWL_TRACK Add BAWL_TRACK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moonshinerSD
UKC Forum Member

frito

good luck with frito, also used to keep records .fun to look back, talk to me about the may 7-9 hunt.

Old Post 03-27-2010 07:13 PM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

i made 4 blanks last night and one plus. man i don't like these leafless trees. makes my dog look like a liar lol.. mabe he is.lol well in this case they..

Old Post 03-31-2010 06:33 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Ennen
UKC Forum Member

Frito's hunting log summary for March.

----Total Tracks: 19
----------Tracks Unfinished: 2
----------Tracks Finished: 17
--------------------Dog Caught Coon: 1
--------------------Dog Treed: 16
------------------------------Treed no Coon Eyes Seen: 6
------------------------------Treed w/Coon Eyes Seen: 10

Read this format like a waterfall. He started 19 tracks and of those 19 tracks 2 he didn't finish and 17 of those tracks finished with 1 coon caught on the ground and the other 16 tracks finished treed. Of the 16 trees, 6 didn't have coon eyes and 10 had coon eyes.

Dens, holes and slicks are all counted in the total for Treed No Coons Seen.

Our deep snow and rut runs well into March and I think he'll do better showing me eyes in April. We'll also get a lot more hunting time.

The good, the bad and the ugly. It's all included in the summary.

Old Post 04-02-2010 02:41 AM
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

why that no good sap sucker.........lol

Old Post 04-02-2010 04:29 AM