UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > whats your top dogs in this situation ?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

I appreciate the responses yall.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-2018 10:54 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Dogs I have owned and trained:
1. Slim Lawyer (Screaming Lawyer x House's Fancy)
2. Cash (Stylish Coma x Wipeout Sis)
3. Sally (Tam Young's Tenn. Black @Tans)
4. Butch (Southern Pines Moe x Millcreek Abbie)

Dogs I have hunted with:
1. Kokomo Joe - Galen Howard owned Joe in the 90's he bought him from Bill Starnes as a young dog,he came from southern Ill.Not sure how he was bred but he was a Cadillac of a COONDOG!

2. Tapp - G.T. Howard owned him (Nation's Tapp x Wilder's Blue Goose) Tapp was a Coondog,only fault was he would run the tree,and what ever he landed on he would try to kill,so he was hunted alone 99% of the time, but he was a POWERFUL coondog, he treed with a bawl and chop,but he was deadly accurate!I am sure that if he wasn't ruff, he would of been studded by the guys that bred him,but they no doubt seen what he was,and he was sold and wound up in northern In.He was a half brother to Woodstock Redman, Swanging Tapp and some other hounds that won back in those days,but Tapp was a COON treeing machine!Built like a Pitbull, all muscle, and he was LOUD! COONDOG.

3. Coma's Stylish Oz (Coma's Legend x Oz bred female)
Skip Hartline owned him, Oz was a Coondog, coon treeing machine, and he was deadly accurate,when Oz treed, you will see a coon or a den,and most time you will see the coon looking out of the den at you.Coondog!

4. Lumber -Jerry Winn owned him (Bellars Shep bred)
Coon treeing machine!He would just run a scorecard up, while other dogs were making mistakes, and he would just keep his head on treeing coons,and with his handler, he was about unbeatable!He made Jerry a lot of money!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 02-20-2018 11:52 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

1. An 8 year old walker male I've had for five years( Mojo x Valley Creek Tramp)

2. An English female I bought about 20 years ago out of Sugar Creek Rambo.

Both grand nites. Probably the best rough country coondogs I've come across. Finished what they started and had it when they parked.

Old Post 02-20-2018 11:52 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

My bear dog. If you cast him where there are no bears, He WILL tree a coon, 100% accurate, No excuses, no dens, day or night. Big game Nance bred.

Old Post 02-21-2018 12:03 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

The one I have right now. Preacher off of Mafia and a Reezen female. 2 1/2 years old. As good as I have owned.

Old Post 02-21-2018 12:22 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

1. Old Belle-- SR Diamond Jim and Uchtman's Ranger bred

2. Jewel --All Uchtman

3. Sue--Smoky River, Uchtman's Albert. Out of old Belle and Albert

4. Smoky--A SR bred dog I had as a teenager. Not fancy but a methodical, consistent, every night coon treer. Accurate.

Old Post 02-21-2018 03:46 AM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Best Dogs I've Owned and Trained

1. Nt. Ch. Clearwater Michelob, Mack Twain, Motley, Incredible Rock, Hunted him all over the Midwest against the highly advertised studs in the 70s, made Nt Ch 3 first place wins, only 5 coons treed on him in 7 years and that included splits.
2. Klear Kry Tramp, Mack Twain, Motley, White Cloud, Roy Jackson Queen, Clearwater Michelob. Consistently trail and tree at 4 mph that other dogs couldn't smell until treed. Wasn't competition hunted.
3. Klear Kry Nellie, Mack Twain, Motley, Roy Jacksons Queen, Roy Jacksons Josie, Clearwater Michelob, White Cloud. If she wasn't looking up the tree that she was standing on then she already had the next coon located and was looking at it. 3. Gr.Nt. Ch. Klear Kry Deventers Penney, Deventer Dan, Bellars Shep, Bellars Pacman, Deventers Roxy, Deventer Penney Won UKC Grandmaster, Highly intelligent, runs all tracks to catch and does.
Best dogs that ever hunted against were Bud Kellers Mike, Roy Jacksons Josie, Dave Chadwick George

Old Post 02-21-2018 03:47 AM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GLANCY'S 7 MILE
UKC Forum Member

Re: whats your top dogs in this situation ?

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Baldwin
You got 1 turnout. That's all. Your in a place with mediocre coon population with no feeders whatsoever and plenty of deer and fox and possums and other offgame also.

Sounds exactly like my everyday hunting without the $1,000,000 of course haha.

4. GLANCY'S 7 MILE DOC (DOUBLE WIPEOUT X CLOVER/SKUNA RIVER FRED)
3. GRNITECH HARD KNOCKING STYLISH MAC (HAYES JR X BUTCH/SACKETT JR.)
2. NITECH PKC CH GLANCY'S 7 MILE SCREAMER (BUTCH X SACKETT JR)
1. GRNITECH SILVER CH GLANCY'S KY FOOT (BUTCH BRED)

My top 3 dogs all go back to the same blood-line.

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Old Post 02-21-2018 11:02 AM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GLANCY'S 7 MILE Click here to Send GLANCY'S 7 MILE a Private Message Click Here to Email GLANCY'S 7 MILE Visit GLANCY'S 7 MILE's homepage! Find more posts by GLANCY'S 7 MILE Add GLANCY'S 7 MILE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluestorm
UKC Forum Member

I'll cut storm. I'm not a betting man, but if the coon aren't there he's gonna be way through the country. He is far from perfect. But he's what I've got, and gods honest truth is. He has NEVER missed a coon when he got deep and by himself. That's the truth. He's treed slick, but not when he got deep.

If i was using someone else's dogs I'll take the million dollars and be cutting either
1. GRNTCH PKC GCH Johnson Creek All Bizz Iz
or her full sister
2. GRNTCH PKC GCH Imel's Johnson Creek Abby.
They're the best I've EVER seen go, both owned by Nick Imel. If I'm hunting them, I'll take my million dollars in any way. Cash or check is fine lol

2018 Fred Lingo Memorial & BBOA Zone 4 Championship King of the Hunt
2018 6th place and overall high scoring bluetick, UKC Youth Nationals
2018 BBOA Zone 4 Hunt Dog of the Year
Double Cast Winner at the 2019 National Bluetick Days
2020 UKC world qualifier
CW at bluetick days RQE
Qualified for 2021 UKC world hunt

Old Post 02-21-2018 03:23 PM
bluestorm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluestorm Click here to Send bluestorm a Private Message Click Here to Email bluestorm Find more posts by bluestorm Add bluestorm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richardfish
UKC Forum Member

CASH
Lonnie's Hawk X Phil Vogle's Joy II
He was "Mr Consistent".

Old Post 02-21-2018 04:39 PM
richardfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richardfish Click here to Send richardfish a Private Message Click Here to Email richardfish Find more posts by richardfish Add richardfish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Jason, I find it interesting that you picked Princess first. Did she not have a opossum problem or did you get her broke from that?

Old Post 02-21-2018 05:08 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert marshall
UKC Forum Member

1st
Casper English(superscoop/arkie)
2nd
Dolly Walker(rockriver cord/dooney boone)
3rd
Ghost English(mondo/Kentucky mtn)

Old Post 02-21-2018 06:41 PM
robert marshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert marshall Click here to Send robert marshall a Private Message Find more posts by robert marshall Add robert marshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Jason, I find it interesting that you picked Princess first. Did she not have a opossum problem or did you get her broke from that?

Once she turned about 7 years old the possums were over. She was absolutely in her prime from about 7 to 11 years old.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Last edited by Jason Baldwin on 02-22-2018 at 04:12 AM

Old Post 02-21-2018 11:56 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

bodie 4 year old english wilcox x crystal springs not a classy type tree dog like most have . chews and runs tree some. semi open on track.with chop mouth.pure predator is the best way i can describe him . tree one 50 feet or 2 miles. edge runner. can be a pain in the butt to hunt cause you will get him off a tree somewhere our have to cut him off to go home. mongo 18 months old .x bred english x walker .english side is the bodie dog . dam is skuna river x yadkin river breed. close to medium hunter most of the time . tracking trailing type with big horn bawl .checks trees well before he trees on the colder feed tracks .big bawl locate and hard steady tree hound .starts hunting area where he is cast at. pleasure to hunt. handles good . neither dog is perfect but i dont have to carry a switch in my hand and send them on all night long .lol

Old Post 02-22-2018 03:03 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by richardfish
CASH
Lonnie's Hawk X Phil Vogle's Joy II
He was "Mr Consistent".

Do you mean Utchman's Southern Blue Hawk ?

Old Post 02-22-2018 04:16 AM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Grnt Sch Full Throttle Psycho- Jiggs X Wipeout
Grnt Sch Boyd Creek Pride- Stylish Buster X Rat gyp
Grnt Sch All Grand SuperMan- Nocturnal Style X Rock River Lady
Grnt Gch High Ridge Style- Harry X Martha

I can’t put a 1-4 cause I can’t decide.

Old Post 02-22-2018 04:30 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

1) Fryars Liza Jane

2)Hardwood Saul

3)Grntch.Paulding Forest Bubba / Grntch. Hardwood Ranger

4)Fryars Land Crusier / Fryars Big Easy(Bubba's littermate)

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 02-22-2018 11:44 AM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richardfish
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Baldwin
Do you mean Utchman's Southern Blue Hawk ?

Yes

Old Post 02-22-2018 04:55 PM
richardfish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for richardfish Click here to Send richardfish a Private Message Click Here to Email richardfish Find more posts by richardfish Add richardfish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
1) Fryars Liza Jane

2)Hardwood Saul

3)Grntch.Paulding Forest Bubba / Grntch. Hardwood Ranger

4)Fryars Land Crusier / Fryars Big Easy(Bubba's littermate)

Amen

Old Post 02-22-2018 05:54 PM
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by richardfish
Yes

Interesting. My number one dog and a dog you name have same bloodline. Priness was double hawk bred.

Old Post 02-22-2018 05:55 PM
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

If its for a million dollars I'm asking to borrow someone else's dog because I have never been willing to risk 10 dollars on mine definitely treeing a coon much less a million.

Old Post 02-22-2018 08:11 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by gpent24
If its for a million dollars I'm asking to borrow someone else's dog because I have never been willing to risk 10 dollars on mine definitely treeing a coon much less a million.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 02-22-2018 09:22 PM
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Rock
Trav
Ruff- these three were littermates.
I would never have to work again with any of all three.

Old Post 02-22-2018 11:20 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by STROKIN
Rock
Trav
Ruff- these three were littermates.
I would never have to work again with any of all three.

by all means please list bloodlines.

Old Post 02-22-2018 11:23 PM
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

Old man down the road has a dog named Snoopy. 3/4 walker 1/4 lab. I'd be trying to borrow him.

Old Post 02-23-2018 12:13 AM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote