UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Big Game bluetick bloodlines
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lking
UKC Forum Member

Big Game bluetick bloodlines

I'm bluetick ignorant. Have only plott and walkers. However, the thought of purchasing a blue dog interests me down the road.

That being said, what lines of blueticks seem to work best on big game, more specifically bear?

Feel free to PM if needed.

Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-2018 03:20 PM
lking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lking Click here to Send lking a Private Message Click Here to Email lking Find more posts by lking Add lking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Dogs heavy with the genetics through Smokey River Diamond Jim work fine in Wisconsin and in Michigan, as well as other parts of the US, Canada, Mexico, and northern Europe. I have pups on the ground ready to go in 4-6 weeks. I bred females with coon and big game hounds in their pedigrees to a couple very good bluetick bear hounds from the northern lower. Very heavy Diamond Jim genes in these pups. Cold nosed, fast, gritty, smart, tree hounds. Cold trail, jump, run, stick, and tree.

Blueticks bred to run to catch and catch what they run!

"Believe in your greatness, honor your greatness, for the sake of ourselves and our children," Howard Glasser

“We are the free and unconquerable people of the United
States of America” - Eleanor Roosevelt, 12/7/1941

Old Post 01-23-2018 04:04 PM
Jim Bartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Bartley Click here to Send Jim Bartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Bartley Find more posts by Jim Bartley Add Jim Bartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LUVtheOTDRS
New UKC Forum Member

Agree with Jim. I'm from WI, and run Smokey River Diamond Jim bloodline as well. We've recently tried some of the Kerschner (sp.?) and Hortemiller bred dogs with unsatisfactory results. Tried some of the old Cameron bred hounds years ago too. Wasn't too impressed with those either. Good luck!

Old Post 02-15-2018 06:15 PM
LUVtheOTDRS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LUVtheOTDRS Click here to Send LUVtheOTDRS a Private Message Find more posts by LUVtheOTDRS Add LUVtheOTDRS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iron rob
New UKC Forum Member

Bluetick

I have 2 Upson bred blueticks, very happy with them.

Old Post 02-22-2018 10:00 PM
iron rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iron rob Click here to Send iron rob a Private Message Find more posts by iron rob Add iron rob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kardinalkennels
UKC Forum Member

I had a upson dog once, raised her from a pup and got her well started, man that girl was fast she went to a man in WV

Pups and started dogs available from time to time.

Old Post 02-22-2018 10:18 PM
kardinalkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kardinalkennels Click here to Send kardinalkennels a Private Message Find more posts by kardinalkennels Add kardinalkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebloodlines
UKC Forum Member

LUVtheOTDRS when you get a Hortemiller Bluetick?

Old Post 03-15-2018 05:22 PM
bluebloodlines is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluebloodlines Click here to Send bluebloodlines a Private Message Click Here to Email bluebloodlines Visit bluebloodlines's homepage! Find more posts by bluebloodlines Add bluebloodlines to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote