UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Biggest Scratch
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Biggest Scratch

What’s the most points have you seen a dog to have being a Nite/Grnite get scratched in a cast for treeing off game ?

I witnessed a 1000+ at B&T days

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-05-2019 11:31 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

I had I think it was 9 something or close to it once and my old grand gyp found her a grinner worst part about it the closest thing to her that night was only like 200

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 06-05-2019 11:38 PM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Biggest scratch

I think Darrel Eads scratch in the final 4 of the UKC HUNT where he could not be beat score wise, that cost him 10K from the BLACK AND TAN Assoc. by winning the WORLD HUNT. Lol. Dave

Old Post 06-06-2019 01:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Dave

You are totally right on this one. Been going to hunt since 1970 & that was the biggest scratch I can remember. It was the dogs fault & not done by another cast member getting rid of someone because of a rule violation. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-06-2019 06:54 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ron

That was one expensive possum, that's for sure. I don't think I will ever forget that one. Darrels dog could not be beat score wise, but old smiley sure got him and 2 more dogs that night. Dave

Old Post 06-06-2019 06:59 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Hammering Earl was blowing a cast away on Fri night at UKC World and got treed on the edge of a giant cornfield. As cast got to the tree, judge said handle him and plus him up, I've got him. Then a house cat ran down the tree and jumped out right in front of the cast.

Old Post 06-06-2019 01:00 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I was hunting Ranger in the Purina Race one year and blowing a cast away. Ranger was treed with about 5 minutes left in the hunt and a prick scratched me for squalling too soon so that he could win the cast.

Old Post 06-06-2019 01:05 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze P.
Banned

Lol rules are part of it. I did same thing and cost me from getting in final 4 of a world hunt. My fault

Old Post 06-06-2019 02:25 PM
Blaze P. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze P. Click here to Send Blaze P. a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze P. Add Blaze P. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fullhouse
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I was hunting Ranger in the Purina Race one year and blowing a cast away. Ranger was treed with about 5 minutes left in the hunt and a prick scratched me for squalling too soon so that he could win the cast.

Serious question. Did you squall too soon or did he say you did when you really didn't?

Old Post 06-06-2019 03:56 PM
fullhouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fullhouse Click here to Send fullhouse a Private Message Find more posts by fullhouse Add fullhouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I showed him the coon laying on a limb out in the open and he said that he couldn't see it. I made a chirping noise with my mouth and the coon moved. He said, I see it now but you are scratched.

Old Post 06-06-2019 07:06 PM
yadkintar
Banned

The one and only time I was serious about hunting in the world hunt it was with my deacon dog. Made it to the zones won the whole thing on Friday night. Got the whole thing won on Saturday nobody can catch me 5 minutes left this female trees and he backs her on a possum the whole cast got scratched I was sick.

Tar

Old Post 06-06-2019 07:22 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I made it to the World Finals with Ranger. On Friday night he was leading the cast with about 10 minutes left when he backed a dog for 25. When we got there one dog was gone and got minused. The other 3 had a possum and got scratched. I thought that it was funny. We still got in the Top 20. They never tree a possum when they are getting beat and nobody ever wants to scratch you when you are losing.

Old Post 06-06-2019 11:23 PM