UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog always comes back on 1st drop
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kreg Krenzull
UKC Forum Member

Dog always comes back on 1st drop

I've got a two year old male dog that always comes back to me on first one or two drops when competition hunting. He will eventually go on off hunting but it can take a while. Never been caught by the 15 but essentially takes himself out of any early action. Never does it when I pleasure hunt with my buddy and his dog. When I hunt him alone he doesn't do it. And by the 3rd drop he usually goes on off hunting. I'm assuming I just need to hunt him more with different dogs but just not sure. Thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2018 06:29 AM
Kreg Krenzull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kreg Krenzull Click here to Send Kreg Krenzull a Private Message Click Here to Email Kreg Krenzull Find more posts by Kreg Krenzull Add Kreg Krenzull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I would agree with you. Hunt him with different dogs and in different places. Sometimes you have to use the hunts as training tool. Withdraw and with agreement from the cast members “send him on” just a couple lessons break that problem easy

Old Post 01-17-2018 07:22 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

you could always get up a group of 3 guys with dogs you dont normally hunt with and make out like its a comp hunt and be able to train on him that way. i think its probably just a group of dogs hes not familiar with... and the only way to get him used to that is take him and hunt him, and shoo him on when he stands around on the first drop

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 01-17-2018 02:26 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I have a female that does the same thing kind of. If I hunt her in a 2 night hunt she will look really good the first night but on the second night she will go to crap. She leaves hard and seems to hunt good but if she ever gets close to me she will come into the cast and just stand by me looking around, she may finally leave she may not and its always on the second night and the first drop. You can hunt her all week(not before the hunt) and she will hunt really good and doesn't come into you unless you call her back. And she seems to do it at the bigger hunts, she generally wins her cast Friday night and then goes to crap Sat night.

Old Post 01-17-2018 03:04 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rocky tanner
UKC Forum Member

yall come hunting with me give me the $25 like you entering a hunt and I will give yall a poster board to tote like a score card and we will work on it......... LOL..

seriously if a dog will mess up its typically in a hunt or when your showing them

Old Post 01-17-2018 03:14 PM
rocky tanner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rocky tanner Click here to Send rocky tanner a Private Message Click Here to Email rocky tanner Find more posts by rocky tanner Add rocky tanner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

If mine tree's a coon do I get a prize?

Old Post 01-17-2018 03:45 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

DUAL GR HICKS'S Y2KD DID IT FOR A WHILE

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 01-17-2018 05:20 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote