UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Facebook vs UKC Message Board.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Many of us don't post pics and videos on here because it is not an easy process for them but that doesn't mean that they don't have nice young pups.
We have had many very young pups over the years that tree their own coon and I have never posted one single video of them. It requires uploading to YouTube then resizing that runs the quality much of the time then sharing a link to here, quite s pain in the butt process most are not going to take the time to do even if they know how.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2019 05:47 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I use it to show the world no matter how GREAT the dog is or how much MONEY it’s won they still make mistakes. They got a LIVE feed where friends can watch you LIVE as you hunt and I’m not afraid to show it. Ole x has been good to me and has won me about 50k but even he makes mistakes here and there and I can show them.
Now these young dogs barking up at hang ups are just guys excited about a young pup barking at a coon tail. They should be proud of there breeding though in my opinion they over do the whole hang up technique but that’s on them they can train them any way they want to.
On here I can’t tell the temperament of a dog, I can’t hear his mouth, I can’t see his tree style all I can use is my imagination and some folks might like that but if you buy a dog from me you gonna see it all. My friends say I’m to honest but to me there is no such thing. I want my pups to go to people that have sense and if they think ANY dog is perfect...well they ain’t got much sense 😂😂

Old Post 01-17-2019 05:52 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Dalton also loves the Facebook live sne used it this week when he took his little boy and Shack. The same thing you never know what's going to happen and the good, bad and ugly on view for the world to see. This time he just treed coons and Kash absolutely loved the idea that people could see his hunt. There is no button on here for anything like that

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-17-2019 06:04 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Another plus for Facebook. You would never learn anything like this on here. LOL

Old Post 01-17-2019 06:15 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

This is a discussion forum and used as such. Ask questions get answers and discuss topics with people that have the same interests as you. There is no ease of use for posting pictures and videos that would be nice but not a reasonable request on a forum of any kind.
Facebook a way to stay in touch with friends and family via distance per social media. It's ease of use is attractive to billions for this reason. Many (most) fail to see though it is very successful at this it is also the largest spy tool and marketing tool on the planet. Because of it's ease of use and benefits of reaching the world users willing give up privacy they would normally object to, some may still if they realized just how deep the rabbit hole goes. There is no need for unlawful searches and seizures or government overreach when big brother knows and sees all just by subscribing to one simple app.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 01-17-2019 06:36 PM
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

I'm on another forum you can. Post pics from your phone same way you'd reply to a message I like it alot.

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 01-17-2019 06:38 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Many of us don't post pics and videos on here because it is not an easy process for them but that doesn't mean that they don't have nice young pups.
We have had many very young pups over the years that tree their own coon and I have never posted one single video of them. It requires uploading to YouTube then resizing that runs the quality much of the time then sharing a link to here, quite s pain in the butt process most are not going to take the time to do even if they know how.

Cheyenne is correct. It is easier and quicker to upload pics and videos to Facebook. Some of the coonhound pages on Facebook have over 20,000 members and they are reached instantly. In the past a post on here would be 3-4 pages down in a days time, and now it hangs around on page 1 or 2 for days. There are just easier ways now. I still use this board because I know some people don’t have Facebook and I don’t want to miss them.

Old Post 01-17-2019 07:50 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

It's all about a targeted audience. You can reach the young run and gunners on facebook. The Grumpy old men hang out here. Tar and Richard haven't let me down yet in that department. Don't believe me. Just ask them a question. LOL

Lots of good folks hang out here. Hope it is around way past the day I am not.

Old Post 01-17-2019 08:13 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

I believe at times, there are those who forget that the UKC FORUM is NOT FACEBOOK. We should all respect the fact that UKC is a captive board and is solely intended to be used as such. UKC is kind enough to provide us with a FORUM to discuss our dogs and hunting related matters. I for one appreciate having this FORUM to reach out to my fellow hunters and to gain information that is beneficial. There are folks on here with a wealth of knowledge that a lot of us benefit from , everything from dog food problems to training tips and everything in between. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-17-2019 at 09:04 PM

Old Post 01-17-2019 08:32 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

easier to hide out on here

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-18-2019 12:27 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I use Facebook more frequently over this site simply because it is so much easier and faster to post a picture. And you all know what they say, A pic is worth a thousand words LOL

Just me!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 01-18-2019 01:57 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

For a comparison... UKC is Alabama football facebook is Clemson ......

Old Post 01-18-2019 02:10 AM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Harold Adams

UKC is not trying to compete with FACEBOOK, this FORUM is a captive audience , it's in place for our benefit and not to generate income. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 02:19 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I thought that Todd put a thread on here awhile back asking about Facebook. It sounded like they were thinking about trying to compete with Facebook.

Old Post 01-18-2019 02:45 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Oh my goodness captive audience does that mean we are held against our will ?

Tarbaby

Old Post 01-18-2019 02:49 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Oh my goodness, the answer is no! Captive means it's for the UKC audience specifically. They aren't competing against anyone else's crowd. Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 03:03 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I would be very happy with one of those 4 or 6 month old pups doing it right...who wouldn't?

I do know I will never give a dog two years to find out if it will turn on much less breeding it...

Old Post 01-18-2019 03:09 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Comparing apples to oranges. When comparing a forum to social media.

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
This is a discussion forum and used as such. Ask questions get answers and discuss topics with people that have the same interests as you.
Facebook a way to stay in touch with friends and family via distance per social media. It's ease of use is attractive to billions for this reason. Many (most) fail to see though it is very successful at this it is also the largest spy tool and marketing tool on the planet. Because of it's ease of use and benefits of reaching the world users willing give up privacy they would normally object to, some may still if they realized just how deep the rabbit hole goes. There is no need for unlawful searches and seizures or government overreach when big brother knows and sees all just by subscribing to one simple app.

I have no problem with people choosing to be anonymous here but have found it strange that some of these same people post their entire daily lives to Facebook. I suspect these same people have never heard of DARPA.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 01-18-2019 03:23 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Me and Mrs tar send each other stuff on Facebook when we are in the same room lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2019 03:29 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Me and Mrs tar send each other stuff on Facebook when we are in the same room lol.

Tar

That is worse than when my daughter would text me from upstairs!

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 01-18-2019 04:03 AM
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

Re: Harold Adams

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
UKC is not trying to compete with FACEBOOK, this FORUM is a captive audience , it's in place for our benefit and not to generate income. Dave

Just explaining the difference .....as far as usage and information... On here the information is usually held captive by six or seven of you specimens highjacking threads and then when you all get a dose of it....pantys in a bunch!!!

Old Post 01-18-2019 05:34 AM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Harold Adams

Lol. You sure did a heck of a job explaining, are you a Ohio State fan? By the way you are stretching things when you put Clemson over Alabama, Alabama is second to no one, this year maybe but look at the history. By the way I don't wear them! Dave

Old Post 01-18-2019 05:42 AM
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

I'll root for Buckeyes but figure to be let down at least once a year ...lol

Old Post 01-18-2019 06:33 AM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
How many of those Baby Stakes winners go on to make coon dogs.
Bruce, those FB guys dont need to give us pointers on training. They need to give us pointers on how to take and edit pictures.

I own a babystakes winner and he is a very good hound at 4 years old . IMO

Old Post 01-18-2019 03:27 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L. Poe
UKC Forum Member

No Facebook for me. Tried it and hated it

birthplace of UKC WORLD SHOW CHAMPION CINDERELLA

Old Post 01-21-2019 09:07 AM
L. Poe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L. Poe Click here to Send L. Poe a Private Message Click Here to Email L. Poe Find more posts by L. Poe Add L. Poe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote