UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > flora hotels
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wagner787
UKC Forum Member

flora hotels

Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to stay for black
and tan days? Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2013 06:02 PM
wagner787 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wagner787 Click here to Send wagner787 a Private Message Click Here to Email wagner787 Find more posts by wagner787 Add wagner787 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shinerunner
UKC Forum Member

when is it

Old Post 04-21-2013 06:47 PM
shinerunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shinerunner Click here to Send shinerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email shinerunner Find more posts by shinerunner Add shinerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big m.d.
UKC Forum Member

Alot more motels and restaurants just south of there in mt.vernon or salem or north in effingham

Old Post 04-21-2013 07:17 PM
big m.d. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big m.d. Click here to Send big m.d. a Private Message Visit big m.d.'s homepage! Find more posts by big m.d. Add big m.d. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

we stayed at Best Western while at Nationals. nice hotel, nice ppl. $8 pet fee. pizza hut next door if u dont want to go out. Anthonys Wild West best food Ive ever had, on main road in town.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 04-21-2013 07:40 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rweller
UKC Forum Member

You won't get anything in Flora now unless someone decides not to go and they give you there room. Your best bet now would be Salem 25 west or effingham 30 miles to the north. There is also Olney to the east. Mt Vernon is a ways aways but they have plenty of hotels.
I guess it depends on which way your coming from.

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Old Post 04-22-2013 02:30 AM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

red carpet inn we might pass on

Old Post 04-26-2013 11:05 PM
Ky Show Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ky Show Girl Click here to Send Ky Show Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Ky Show Girl Add Ky Show Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsizemore
Banned

olney

they have rooms the holiday is the name thnks tim

Old Post 04-26-2013 11:28 PM
tsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tsizemore Click here to Send tsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email tsizemore Find more posts by tsizemore Add tsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

Your best bet right now is to bring a tent. Hotels for B&T Days were probably booked about 3 days after 2012 B&T Days so they are full.

The Holiday in Olney is very nice and only about 25 miles away. They also have a good restaurant in the hotel. Salem is half hour away and has several options, Effingham isn't far either.

I know we tried booking rooms at the Best Western about 2 months ago and couldn't get anything. It looked like we were going to have to stay in Olney or Salem. Luckily one of the group that went last year (and is going this year) had booked rooms under her name right after the hunt so they still had them for us. I wasn't looking forward to having to drive back and forth (especially with my family right there in Flora).

Old Post 04-29-2013 01:40 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shinerunner
UKC Forum Member

Paul you. going to. be there?

Old Post 04-29-2013 08:33 PM
shinerunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shinerunner Click here to Send shinerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email shinerunner Find more posts by shinerunner Add shinerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

Yes I will.

Old Post 04-29-2013 08:34 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shinerunner
UKC Forum Member

we can't find a hotel so. looks like we're drive up late fri and heeded home sat night

Old Post 04-29-2013 08:36 PM
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

On the B&T Board someone was cancelling their reservations for the Redroof in Flora today. You might call and get lucky. You can also try the Holiday in Olney and I think they have a Super 8 too. Can't hurt to try either of them. Also several in Salem which is right on Salem.

Old Post 04-29-2013 08:40 PM
shinerunner
UKC Forum Member

I'll give them a call I mouth just bring my tent.

Old Post 04-29-2013 08:41 PM
Blackwater Pete
UKC Forum Member

better take something that floats to sleep on sounds like it will be raining again down there

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Old Post 04-30-2013 10:49 PM
Blackwater Pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackwater Pete Click here to Send Blackwater Pete a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackwater Pete Find more posts by Blackwater Pete Add Blackwater Pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater Pete
better take something that floats to sleep on sounds like it will be raining again down there

Good thing about the grounds is there are plenty of buildings to pitch a tent under. Keeps you a little drier!

Old Post 05-01-2013 03:19 PM
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Hotels.

I just booked my room in Salem, IL on Monday. They had 2-3 rooms still open, and it was only $60 for a room with two beds.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 05-01-2013 04:01 PM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote