UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt numbers
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joey
UKC Forum Member

24 dogs at a $1000 added hunt. I would say they are not exactly big timing it either. To many hunts for the numbers we have. Simple as that.

Tonight I have a UKC hunt and a PKc double header within an hour of me. Tomorrow night I have 2 UKC hunts within an hour of me and one is a RQE, plus a $50 pkc hunt 1 1/2 from me. This is a slow week for them. How many hunters would it take to support all of that with a good turn out?

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-08-2018 04:07 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Hunters numbers are down for all game. There was an article in Outdoor Life a month or two ago showing how fewer hunting licence were sold this year vs 20 years ago and i dont remember the exact #, but it was in the millions.

Old Post 06-08-2018 04:24 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

JMO

Study was done by a Major University {Rutgers I think}
Each generation has less and less Testosterone.Thus each generation gets lazier and Lazier.
Its not just Coon Hunting its everything!
Can't find workers for trade skill GOOD paying jobs either;Plumbers,Electricians,Carpenter,Bodymen,etc

Kids don't want to work.Just go waste Mom and Dads money at college drink,party only to flunk out,come home and work at Walmart.
OR get a degree that there is no market for.Be up to their neck in school loan debt for nothing........Seen it over and over.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 06-08-2018 06:14 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Re: JMO

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Study was done by a Major University {Rutgers I think}
Each generation has less and less Testosterone.Thus each generation gets lazier and Lazier.
Its not just Coon Hunting its everything!
Can't find workers for trade skill GOOD paying jobs either;Plumbers,Electricians,Carpenter,Bodymen,etc

Kids don't want to work.Just go waste Mom and Dads money at college drink,party only to flunk out,come home and work at Walmart.
OR get a degree that there is no market for.Be up to their neck in school loan debt for nothing........Seen it over and over.

Very True! I'm a retired trades worker and made a good living doing it. In my later years I noticed difficulty finding good help. I had a friend that started his own drywall company and he had trouble getting workers to work. He explained how he found someone to just spot screws and do some sanding and he even picked him up each morning, fed him lunch and took him home at night and the guy still would only work 3 days a week! I'm not saying all are like this but it seems to be trending. Seems a lot of the younger generation doesn't care to get their hands dirty or exert themselves. I would love to have some young kids ask if they could go coon hunting with me. Used to be that when night time came I had 3 or 4 young kids hanging around to go along now it's Face Book and video games. We need to concentrate on ways to get the young generation back on track and quit worrying about ways to beat them in the hunts! We do have one young gal that loves to go coon hunting but it may end soon, she's starting to notice boys, LOL. I hope the answer is out there and someone can start a trend.

Old Post 06-08-2018 11:52 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

What is the reason for,the so called poor boy hunts? Most of the poor boy entry's I've seen are $15-$20. Most regular entry's are $15-$20. I know trophy a cost money and nice ones can get rather expensive. I believe most clubs have trophy a laying around that can be gave to kids that win there casts even if a poor boy hunt. The trophys may not mean anything to me or some of the older men. I know I started hunting ukc when I was 9 and I've still got that little trophy meant a lot to me at the time. Now any local hunts I leave trophy at the club the only ones I would keep now would have to be nice from a big hunt. As far as trying to make any money or break even going to hunts you're best bet is to buy an entry to every pro hunt. The ones that say it's to expensive to do that the good thing is there is a kennel club and different programs in those kennel clubs to suit about everybody.

Old Post 06-09-2018 01:20 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjll
UKC Forum Member

hunts

less hunters and more hunts is the main reason plus most hunters are in there golden years and are not going to run around to night hunts also WHO WOULD want to be a hunt director or master of hounds for 2 to 6 dogs to show up at an anbandened church very few will step up and help ukc has 3 or 4 major hunts a year alot of hunters would rather hunt in them or there breed day hunts and finally most hunters cant find enough good hunting spots to take a 4 dog cast let alone a 40 or 50 dog hunt

Old Post 06-09-2018 02:23 AM
tjll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tjll Click here to Send tjll a Private Message Click Here to Email tjll Find more posts by tjll Add tjll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Liberalism is a mental disorder pure and simple everything is toxic masculinity , safe space and transgender bathrooms plus our school system taken as a whole despite there being very few outstanding teachers the system as a whole is stuck on stupid and then they have the gaul to ask us to pay them more money to indoctrinate our children and grand children into their brain dead rainbow utopia of social communism. JMHO

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-09-2018 03:15 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Chuck I agree with that statement 110%. The schools are turning the kids into *****. They are starting very early in grade school. The stuff are colleges are doing is even worse.

Old Post 06-09-2018 03:36 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Johnny reb

Just what are the colleges doing that is "even worse"? Next time you need a Doctor, Attorney, or Engineer, you may want to thank those colleges for what they are turning out these days. Just saying! Dave

Old Post 06-09-2018 09:44 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Johnny reb

Just what are the colleges doing that is "even worse"? Next time you need a Doctor, Attorney, or Engineer, you may want to thank those colleges for what they are turning out these days. Just saying! Dave

Old Post 06-09-2018 09:44 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

All of the liberalism being taught in colleges its ridiculous. Schools can’t say the pledge of allegiance or if they do they have to leave out the part about god. Can’t pray I. School but there are colleges that have prayer rooms for Muslims and there segregated because men and women can’t pray together. Just look at all the colleges that have guest speakers that are very left leaning but if you try to have a speaker that leans toward the right it causes a riot or they cancel the speaker do to security issues. The right leaning speakers are racist, homophobic so on and so on. I’m not saying a college education is a bad thing. Like you mentioned we need lawyers, doctors, etc.. I don’t believe college is for everyone and that it is pushed too much that students think when they finish high school they need to go to college . I think it’s something like 60% of college graduates have a job that requires a degree. Only about 25-30% of graduates have a job that’s related to there major. We also need skilled tradesman. They can leave high school go to vocational school learn a trade. Do me a welder, pipe fitter, electrician. And can earn a good living.

Old Post 06-09-2018 10:31 PM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

COLLEGE IS A GOOD THING 90% OF MY FIRST COUSINS GRADUATED COLLEGE SOME ARE DOCTORS , SOME ARE TEACHERS ,ENGINEERS ETC. AND MOST ARE CONSERVATIVE TOO BOOT. BUT THEY ARE ALL OLDER THAN ME, BABY BOOMERS , I AM NOT.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-09-2018 10:50 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Johnny reb

Where are you getting your stats from? College certainly isn't for everyone. Trades are essential and pay good money. College and learning a skilled trade require effort, the more effort needed, the more reward for getting there. What about the masses who have neither a college education or a skilled trade? They are the ones you need to worry about, it's costly to keep them up! Dave

Old Post 06-09-2018 11:59 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Johnny reb

Double post. Sorry!

Old Post 06-09-2018 11:59 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

It doesn't amount to that big of a trophy/prize but our club does give out a $10 dog lead for 1st 2nd 3rd open and 1st Ntch winners.
It does not draw more dogs but we do it anyway so people feel like got "something" when they leave which still aint much.
This is for a $15 hunt entry fee. costs $2 per dog to UKC and $42 license per hunt/show .
After paying the rent we dont make hardly anything. We are just barely staying in the black and thankful that we can still keep the doors open and offer sanctioned hunts for anyone who wants to compete.

Johnny Reb - YOU ARE SPOT ON !!!!!

Old Post 06-12-2018 04:08 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote