UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Zeb 3
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Zeb 3

i just got a pup out of him and i havent hunted with nothin out of him. i was wondering what kind of pups he throws. track dogs? tree dogs? mouths? accuracy? and how do they hunt? any info will help

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2014 05:45 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

I have started two and both would track like an old dog at 4-5 months old ,a lot of hunt and deadly accurate !!!both would have died at my place if they had better mouths !!!!both were chop on ground which I hate and neither had a locate at. 12 months old when I moved them because I couldn't stand there mouths anymore !!!!! But I will say this for sure I will have another pup out of 3 and I will just make sure of what female it's off of !!! And that still won't guarantee the mouth I want but both had all and I mean all the other tools we like to see in a pup!!!!!aaaaaa

Old Post 06-28-2014 07:24 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roustabout
UKC Forum Member

Trailing type dogs, big mouths, big hunting dogs, that like to have coons.
Jessie Jane won the chkc world hunt , placed third in this years super stakes. She's done lots of other winning too.
Thousand dollar bill has won several pro hunts , he won this years super stakes. I think his earnings are close to 50k . These 2 are litter mates off zeb 3. Zeb has pups winning all over the country. Zeb 3 was no slouch either, not sure his exact earning but he's way up over 50 k. Good luck with yours

Old Post 06-28-2014 07:32 AM
Roustabout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roustabout Click here to Send Roustabout a Private Message Click Here to Email Roustabout Find more posts by Roustabout Add Roustabout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

mine is 12 months old and he got sick in the dog box when i picked him up last night and his toe nails is 2 inches long so i know he aint been hunted much. hes out of swamp ratt ellie on the bottom side. i hope he isnt chop mouth on the ground!!!! i cant stand a chop mouth track dog at all!!!

Old Post 06-28-2014 02:10 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

well i gave him a bath with the ole ladys $30 bottle of shampoo and clipped his toe nails. had a ole coon tail hangin out back so i put it on a long pole with some fishing string and held it over his head. he went NUTTS!!! hopefully thats a good sign.

Old Post 06-29-2014 12:53 AM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

well i took him out tonight!!! pulled him out the box and he was druelling!!! at least he didnt puke!! he struck a track with a good squall mouth. was all over the country never did tree. second drop he done the same thing but located a few times. 3rd drop he located and kept comeing to the same place barking up so i eased in with my light off and when he barked up i shined my light and it was a bush full of kittens!!! he just wont tree!!! lol

Old Post 06-29-2014 08:59 AM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
well i took him out tonight!!! pulled him out the box and he was druelling!!! at least he didnt puke!! he struck a track with a good squall mouth. was all over the country never did tree. second drop he done the same thing but located a few times. 3rd drop he located and kept comeing to the same place barking up so i eased in with my light off and when he barked up i shined my light and it was a bush full of kittens!!! he just wont tree!!! lol

He will, and when he does you are going to love not walking to empty trees.

Old Post 06-30-2014 12:02 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

pup was all over the country last night. half a mile this way and a half mile that way!!! track machine im tellin you and this time he barked up on the hang up!!! id say he will be alright. didnt slober or nothin on this ride but seemed a lil sore from the night before. hes seen day light 2 nights in a role!!! gonna watch the sunrise again tonight!!!!

Old Post 07-01-2014 12:56 AM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

little dog still aint treeing. he will stand on the wood like hes treed but wont bark a lick till the coon hits the ground!!!

Old Post 07-02-2014 08:29 PM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Wipe out dogs won't often tree until there a 1 yr and half or older. He probably just needs some maturing. Hard hunting doesn't always solve every thing, like a dog that matures slowly. He will start treeing just might not be when you want him to.

Old Post 07-07-2014 05:43 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

yeah ive lightened up on him some. been turning him loose a couple times a night. ive seen some progress in him but he aint treeing yet. got all the right tools. good mouth, independent, and can drive a track. should be accurate when he does decide to tree.

Old Post 07-07-2014 09:19 PM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
yeah ive lightened up on him some. been turning him loose a couple times a night. ive seen some progress in him but he aint treeing yet. got all the right tools. good mouth, independent, and can drive a track. should be accurate when he does decide to tree.

I believe they have a tendency to be a bit trash, due to there heavy track power. I would lay off until he is treeing to avoid any bad trash habits being picked up. Imo

How does he run track head up? Or nose down. Hunt on the run? Does he look like he will be fast. I've thought about trying some wipe out as well, heard a lot of good things.

Old Post 07-08-2014 03:33 AM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

he runs track with his head up most of the time. nose in the air soon as his feet hit the ground!! he is a bit trashy i do beleive. i havent seen any off game but i beleive hes bumped a deer just the way it ran and the mouth he was giveing.

Old Post 07-08-2014 06:01 PM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Finnaly made his first tree last night. Treed hard for 5-10 mins. It took me 15-20 mins to get to him due to haveing to walk around a big corn feild. By the time i got their he was just stretched out on the tree looking up. I petted him up and tied him back and he barked some more. He had the coon. I feel this is a step in the right direction.

Old Post 07-16-2014 11:42 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

I have a friend that's hunting a zeb 3 female been with several times 1st and 1st type track and tree will go hunting deep get hooked and stay put good mouth sweet loacate not over powering loud but carries well will get bye herself and get some of yours also she has a million dollar handle on her real nice young hound

Old Post 07-21-2014 05:02 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Finnaly made his first tree last night. Treed hard for 5-10 mins. It took me 15-20 mins to get to him due to haveing to walk around a big corn feild. By the time i got their he was just stretched out on the tree looking up. I petted him up and tied him back and he barked some more. He had the coon. I feel this is a step in the right direction.

Glad ya didn't cull? Glad to hear ya stuck with him! I'm sure with all the woods time you are given him, he will turn out just fine.

Old Post 07-21-2014 10:12 AM
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Pups for sale now!!! He is gettin better though. Real independent, and had a good mouth. He just needs one on one time and my 14 month old box pup gets all of that. Hes not a cull and by kill season if hes still here he will be a nice one. Its hard to hunt 2 pups at one time when they both need one on one time. Ive just been turning him loose and driveing up the road and cutting the other one. Last night i cut him along a creek by his self and he struck and i drove off to cut my box pup. I went about 1.25 miles up the road and i heard him locate so i looked at the garmin and it showed him treed. I cut the box pup and drove back to see what he was doing. He was barking up just not blowing the top out. I walked in and he met me at the creek. I found were he was treed on the garmin and he had a coon. No doubt this pup will click and be nice. But like i said ive had the box pup since he was 6 months old and he has a place till he dies so its hard for me to put my time in something else.

Old Post 07-21-2014 04:45 PM