UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > In need of a different cap for my hunting light
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

In need of a different cap for my hunting light

Here's the deal.

Does anyone make a different cap for these cap lights that are on the market? I have one of the plastic bump caps with the plastic lining that adjusts to the size of your head. You know, the standard bump cap that everyone has for these cap lights.

Anyway, I hate this bump cap. It constantly comes loose inside and I am always having to refasten the inside of the adjuster by sliding it down in the four slots that hold it to the hard plastic of the cap. When your out in the woods and this is the only light you have, it is impossible to see inside this cap to refasten it. It drives me nuts.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-19-2013 05:37 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

It sounds like you are using a #67 bump cap made by an outfit in Georgia called ERB. I have never had any trouble with mine coming loose. If the "Tee's" are sliding down out of the slot in the cap itself you can positively stop that with a pop rivet or small machine screw and nut. The same can be done to the adjuster part. In fact, my 7 year old thinks he's a coal miner about once a week and my cap will be way too small when I go hunting. I got him a cap of his own and screwed mine in place just in case he cant find his hat again.
MSA makes a certified hardhat called Vee Guard. It has what they call "fast track" suspension in it. These are heavier than the good ol' 67 bump cap but the fast track adjust by turning a knob on the back of it and this will allow you to wear a knit hat or beanie type head cover when it gets cold out. Kind of a pain to adjust the 67 once you run a screw thru it. Also, you can get the Vee Guard cap with vents cut in it to let your head heat out in the warmer months so you don't over heat.
I have tried them all and the #67 is the lightest most comfortable of the hard types I have tried. They are really cheap too...Amazon.com has them for like $12.00 each. I have tried the soft hats with that big plastic bracket on it and I don't like them ...but that's just me.

Old Post 11-19-2013 06:06 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RON PRUEMER
UKC Forum Member

I have used super glue to hold the straps in place.

Old Post 11-20-2013 12:40 AM
RON PRUEMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RON PRUEMER Click here to Send RON PRUEMER a Private Message Click Here to Email RON PRUEMER Find more posts by RON PRUEMER Add RON PRUEMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Caps

They have plastic liners now for soft caps. I bought one at B&T Days this year and installed it in my favorite soft cap, you get the best of both worlds. They are cheap to buy and fit nicely. I'll never go without one.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 11-20-2013 01:07 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

Slowpoke,
Who makes those liners you are talking about to go inside a soft cap??? Thanks.

Old Post 11-20-2013 02:09 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by msinc
Slowpoke,

I won a new hat light on a soft cap w/ liner in it just a while back it was a Valley Creek ...I would call them .

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-20-2013 05:52 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

Thanks, I am going to check these things out.

Old Post 11-20-2013 01:10 PM
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Soft cap liner

I cannt remember who I got it from, but I've seen them for sale on the vendors board.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 11-20-2013 01:12 PM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

K light has them also

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 11-20-2013 01:40 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the suggestions. Also the super glue trick may work for what I need.

Again thanks.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 11-21-2013 09:30 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigdavidbeebe
UKC Forum Member

I have the liners for $12.50 they fit a standard soft cap.

we also have the pin lock hard hats $10 they don't usually come apart in side.

2009 ACHA OKLAHOMA STATE NITE HUNT CHAMPION CH GR NITECH PR. BEEBES PALE FACED PETE PUKEY
ACHA GR CH NITE CH .UKC CH NITE CH Okiesawyers' Queen of Diamonds ACHA 2009 Oklahoma State Leader
ACHA GRAND SHOW CH UKC CH PR. Fullhouses Okla Big Ticket
Feather Lite Lights
www.featherlitelights.com

Old Post 01-14-2014 06:34 PM
bigdavidbeebe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigdavidbeebe Click here to Send bigdavidbeebe a Private Message Click Here to Email bigdavidbeebe Find more posts by bigdavidbeebe Add bigdavidbeebe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

super glue

Yep,super glue will definately fix your problem.Thats the first thing i do with a new light.Just make sure the tabs are as far down as they will go before glueing.

Old Post 01-14-2014 07:33 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt McKinney
UKC Forum Member

Moonshiner lights has a bump cap that is all one peice, the liner is riveted to the inside of the cap...Its about the most comfortable bump cap i have had on my head. The last light I bought i requested they use that particular bump cap.

Old Post 01-14-2014 08:09 PM
Matt McKinney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt McKinney Click here to Send Matt McKinney a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt McKinney Find more posts by Matt McKinney Add Matt McKinney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1nighthunter
UKC Forum Member

Good luck I have not been able to find a good bump cap in years no where near what they used to be

I spent a lot of money on booze, dogs and trucks. The rest I just squandered.

If a man had half his wishes he would double his troubles

I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film

Old Post 01-14-2014 08:59 PM
1nighthunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1nighthunter Click here to Send 1nighthunter a Private Message Click Here to Email 1nighthunter Find more posts by 1nighthunter Add 1nighthunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wadepardue
UKC Forum Member

Bump cap replacement...

I use a construction grade hard hat, they are more confortable and if it is ever needed you have protection that could save that old HARD HEAD...they can be bought where building material is sold...

Old Post 01-15-2014 02:49 AM
wadepardue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wadepardue Click here to Send wadepardue a Private Message Click Here to Email wadepardue Find more posts by wadepardue Add wadepardue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Liles
UKC Forum Member

hat liner

I have one from boss lights it the best thing since ice cream! Get one its worth what ever it takes to get one.

Old Post 01-15-2014 03:38 AM
Andy Liles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Liles Click here to Send Andy Liles a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Liles Find more posts by Andy Liles Add Andy Liles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by msinc
Slowpoke,

The same people that make the erb 67 make the liners they call them "create a cap liners"

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-15-2014 06:34 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

4 pop rivets will fix your cap.

Old Post 01-15-2014 03:14 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin Jones
UKC Forum Member

rediculous

We spend $300 on new hunting lights and have to fix them as soon as we get them out of the box.

Old Post 01-15-2014 03:32 PM
Justin Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Jones Click here to Send Justin Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Justin Jones Find more posts by Justin Jones Add Justin Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Young
UKC Forum Member

The soft caps with liners work pretty good and most everybody sells them . Usually about $20 for the whole thing new , cap/liner/light bracket and the liner is usually riveted in with the rivets that fasten the light bracket on . Stiffens a soft cap up nicely . If you're just walking around looking at vendors you might not notice them if you don't look close or ask . The down side is they get sweaty and dirty and have to be cleaned or replaced now & then which isn't a big deal except for the lights that have the batteries riveted on .

Old Post 01-15-2014 03:59 PM
Dale Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Young Click here to Send Dale Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Young Find more posts by Dale Young Add Dale Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CCB2012
UKC Forum Member

I throw my soft cap with liner in the dish washer. I learned this while I was working construction with my hard hats. It keeps the padding clean and it doesn't smell like a sweaty gym locker in the hotter months.

Old Post 01-15-2014 04:20 PM
CCB2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CCB2012 Click here to Send CCB2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email CCB2012 Find more posts by CCB2012 Add CCB2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote